What's new

100x70 feet grow

Status
Not open for further replies.
Just want to say, as someone who has previously worked for an energy company (but in another country, I might add), I can say for sure there are grid meters as well, which you can't 'bypass', and when they see one block of houses, or a particular neighbourhood using 20% more power combined than they're reading from the home meters, they're going to launch an investigation, for sure. Best case, you loose your power when they figure it out, worst case, everyone goes to jail and fairytale ends bad...

just my 2 coins...

E

Evgeni_Malkin

Yea after reading a little about stealing electricity i think the intelligent thing to do is NOT STEAL just DEAL

E

Evgeni_Malkin

I went to check out equipment today and found a bargin problem is the entire lot of equipment will save me money the reflectors and not aircooled.

SO now i need to find a way to do this set up without aircooled hoods. Probably by using alot of oscilating fans

Y

yamaha_1fan

I am thinking you REALLY want air cooled hoods. Thats alot of heat.

Oscillating fans will be great at blowing the hot air around the room but wont do shit to reduce the temps.

If no hoods, you are going to need a couple 12" pulling air out of the room. 20x20x8. Thats 3200 cubic feet of air you need to turn over every minute or so. You will need a good way to control the odor coming out and a good source of fresh cool air.

Well you could also seal the room and A/C it but thats alot of A/C to cool 10-15K in uncooled lighting. I think its about 4000BTU per 1000 Watts.

The good thing is with being a commercial spot, ( I assume that) you can easily get an AC put in right where you want it w/o much question. Tons of reason why, server room, photography room, etc.

headiez247

shut the fuck up Donny
Veteran
you will save money in the long run by going air cooled instead of over compensating with a higher btu commercial A/C. The amount of electricity you will use on that extra power for the A/C will run you $$$$ over time.

wheres the pics?

eyes

Veteran
Evgeni_Malkin said:
I went to check out equipment today and found a bargin problem is the entire lot of equipment will save me money the reflectors and not aircooled.

SO now i need to find a way to do this set up without aircooled hoods. Probably by using alot of oscilating fans

are u kidding me?alot of oscillating fans?lol oh ,man.you better start with a 1000 first till you get you skills up.no disrespect,this is just becoming comical.

E

Evgeni_Malkin

Well eyes of course there will be A/C units cooling the room but as for temps under the bulbs that is where oscilating fans would come in

E

Evgeni_Malkin

Though I only have been growing smaller grows no bigger then 3k flower rooms, I have grown for 4 years now with over 20 grows under my belt, I also have a blueberry farm which I have been taking care of for 10 years now. By no means am I an expert but I can gurnatee that I can veg a plant flower it and crop it dry it cure it blah blah blah . Though the quality may not compare to others on these boards I am sure that what I produce will get you high.

21 aircooled hoods will cost me about 3000 dollars, I can get non air cooled reflectors 25 of them for like 150 bucks.

Last edited:
E

Evgeni_Malkin

I promise pictures Before saturday night much respect for the help party peoples even you "eyes"

PharmaCan

Veteran
Evgeni_Malkin said:
21 aircooled hoods will cost me about 3000 dollars, I can get non air cooled reflectors 25 of them for like 150 bucks.

...but, but, but - It's going to cost you over $1,000/month to cool the heat produced by those non-cooled hoods. And that doesn't count the initial investment if you need to upgrade the a/c.

PC

Last edited:
E

Evgeni_Malkin

So true everyone. I guess investing in those hoods will be smart idea. What about the DIY cool tubes using those baking tubes off ebay, would they perform as good it would not take too long to construct 21 of those, but making some sort of reflector for them may bring up costs so it looks like the air cooled hoods is my best option

so you've had 3kw+ grows and have grown over 20 times in the last 4 years meaning 5 grows a year+ (assuming you didn't start at 5 grows a year) and you don't know what you should grow and are thinking of buying seeds?

:bashhead:

you also talk about having a 7000 sqft area when 100 plant grows are easily achieved under a few suqare meters. easily and I mean easily under 1/10th of that space.

your going to want to grow from clones and either kidnap homeless people to do your trimming or your going to want to do sog to minimize trimming or buy one of those bud trimmers..

you also expect 4ounce dried per plant and have no idea what strain your going to grow?

you also haven't really mentioned much what your budget is.

many say 10kw = 15grand at least.

if your slick you could run generators fairly cheap. I know someone who buys diesel or gasoline (both) from farmers cheaply the gasoline burns blue and is bought super cheap. It's the kind of stuff you run tractors on and people go out and siphon all the time.

4x 7000w generators running at 50% = 14kw
holds 25litres usually and runs for 6 - 8 hours at 100% load or 12-14 hours at 50% load

so you would go through 25litres of gasoline twice a day... four times... = 200L or 50gals x 60(for a 2month grow) = 3000 gals at say 2$ a gal if you buy the farmers cheapness = 6000$. this will get you 28 kw of flowering action.

or 60-90lbs of chronic off the grid for 6000$ operating cost... your cooling and ventalation will be say 800-1400 a month depending on where you live

so you get yourself 5000$ for the generators 6000$ for the gasoline, 14 1kw ballasts, 28 vented reflectors and lights, 14 flip flops, a bunch of ac's and venting fans your looking at a 30+ thousand dollar grow for your first run. thats not including hydroponics with a grow on commercial scales you really need hydroponics because you'll be busy will all your other crap to worry about hand watering your plants and shit. with 28 lights your looking at a couple hours a week maintance cost for nutrients would vary you would be looking at say 700 gals preferably 14 000 gals changed out a half dozen times (7x 100 - 200gal reservoirs) you could run your 2nd last week all final phase and your last week plain water your first 3 weeks you don't run full strength then you could say you only use 4-5 full stregth weeks per 8weeks of growth.

so 4-5 changes @ 14 000 gal = 56-70 000 gal of full stregth solution do some math on your own.

if you run a sog ebb&flow setup you could get optimal yields with minimal work. changing out nutrients shouldn't take too long

some crap I didn't include is properly having everything wired hopefully you know a friend who's an electrician .. wouldn't want someone suspecting your airplane hanger or whatever the hell it is is a grow op and robbing it or burning it down or whatever.

28 lights = 4x4'-4x5' area each

16, 25 or 36 plants per light
maybe 6x7 rows with 4 x5' which is 42 plants which gives you higher hopes of achieving 3lb crops to say the least optimal at least if your using hydro.

that would provide the biggest yields, since you likely won't harvest all at once youd likely want to have harvests every 1-2 weeks.

say every 2 weeks thats prep work for 7 lights

7x42 for example is 294 so you would want that many clones prepped and ready tons of small plants with single colas would be good come harvest time.
if you buy a couple aerocloners this actually isn't that much work specially considering that could represent 20 lbs of dried bud.

I'd most definately go with 25-36 under each 1kw at least but it depends on the strain. As yield is k3y and single colas will make it easiest for you in the end. you could probably get away with a very quick trim after drying and they'd be ready to move on.

don't bother with a veg room just have mothers and clonez... spend your time making clones and it will pay off imo.

so find a good 8week plant, get some good mothers going, get yourself 3-4 x 150coutn cloners.

Y

yamaha_1fan

You have this 7,000 sq ft spot and you are asking about DIY cool tubes?

Spend the money to make it the best grow you can. Check out Pico's thread on hoods. I believe the SUn System II performed the best

If you have investors and you are looking for the biggest return, invest properly and wisely. Trust me on this. I build my room little by little and there are several things I wish I would have done differently.

Overplan, over build. You want this thing to run as smoothly and easily as possible, a little more money upfront will save you alot of headaches down the rood.

No shit 30 vented reflectors would run you under 5k and that's for something good cooltubes can be had cheaper.

and wtf is up with your grow place

7000 sq ft for one floor at that.

As this place has 8ft clearance it either doesn't exist or it's a single level of a multi level and the poster is retarded or something.

It's not a house.
It's not a warehouse.
It's not a airplane hanger.
It's not a barn.
I hope it's not an abandoned church.

What is this place?

7000 sq ft and 8ft clearance? 8ft clearance is like the minimal clearance for any non shizzack house. Almost every place I can think of that would be nearly that big is either multi level (like a store from being leased) or it has huge clearance and is used for storage for whatever.

Office spaces, schools, ect have 12+ foot clearance.
Any sort of huge warehouse or loft should have 15-18 ft clearance.

Y

yamaha_1fan

Actually 8 foot is probably right. I have never been in an office with 12 foot ceilings and I have been in plenty.

More than likely this is a warehouse/flex space that has offices. The rooms he is describing sounds like offices. I have been inplenty of warehouses with offices and they are all built to 8 foot specs. I imagine the ceilings are drop ceilings and he is going to need to deal with as they are not going to hold any weight and probably wont be good for odor.

In the beginning he said there were no walls and now he says there all these different rooms , thats odd.

I think he has alot to learn but I'm not knocking it. I started with no grow experience.

Last edited:
well better than this one guy who wanted to plant 15 000 outdoor plants in a extremly hot climate (ex. he'd need to water them)

the number quickly plumeted down to 10, 5, and 1 thousand then down to 300 and I don't think it was ever carried out :eek:

eyes

Veteran
spend the money on the air cooled hoods.99 bucks sun 2s at plantlightinghydroponics.The heat from those 1000s will be tremendous.especially if you are running 12 of them.if the space you are running is big enough it would dissipate some of the heat yet this i assume will be a fall gro and it certainly will not be cold enough to vent with outside air.so if u are running an a/c youll need quite the unit or units.oo420 knows the btu requirements for all those lights id guess 40000 btu would cut it.man,some serious electrical draw for sure.go with a sealed room,2- 20000 wall units if u have too.cut the space down to 20 by 25,run co2 burner,coco or hydro.this is the way you would maximize your yield...also depends on genetics.hope you have your cut ready thats proven already.would stink to plant randomly with different genetics and have to wait to see who yields more then isolate that one strain.

Status
Not open for further replies.