What's new

100x70 feet grow

Status
Not open for further replies.

full time daddy
Veteran
yamaha_1fan said:
it will keep people from wondering why you have a $5,000-10,000 electric bill.

20k with all the need gear (in cali) cost right around $7800 a month :rasta:

need space about 1300 sqft.......

1 room of 10k flip flop to 2 rooms of 5k

Last edited:

eyes

Veteran
with 25 light s expect .50 grams per watt. of course you can be a t .69-1.0 gram a watt.It all really depends on so many factors. 25 lights in flower and half in the veg room?are u doing perpetual?how many people do u have helping you?thats a whole lot of work my friend.thats a whole lot of watts and heat signature.Figured out how to get rid of all that heat?wheres it going ?how you going to cool it?hope your running huge a/cs all the time.Sounds like a massive investment on your part.Have you run an operation this size before?

Im not trying to deter you,its just a big project and it seems its not really planned for properly.Why not try 10000 watts and add up from there?see how it goes.At 4 harvest per year your not going to need a dedicated veg room.just have a few bushy moms off to the side.Id go 3-3.5 foot plants maximum height especially if u are running horizontal reflectors.If you run drip run to waste or ebb and flo buckets,you probably can get 3-4 oz per plant.Id run 6-9 plants per 1000.nine plants would be 111 grams or 3.96 ounces per plant.definately doable.i can go on and on but just try 10000 first b4 you go any crazier.my 2 cents

E

Evgeni_Malkin

eyes
gdawh

thanks for the input. After considerign the total cost of electrcity I think I will go with smaller rooms on flip flop but only problem is I will most likely have to go to the location more then once a day. I have tried DWC before so I might start some plants in hydro whether it be Ebb flow, DWC, aero or something else.

Investors are most liely just wanting to do a max of threee but most likely 2 harvest that is why I am thinking more large scale in and out. But after going to the location today and figuring things out a little better I think I will have a much better idea of how long I can use the place for.

In a large commercial grow am I better off using hydro? It will be clearly much more clean and quicker growing, but what will my main worries in using Ebb or dwc be? In soil the worry of drying out your soil or over fertilizign are the main risks but then there are always insects, are there any different things I have to worry about using hydro such as root rot and the temps of my resovoir?

I have been experienting with a little mini ebb flow system but making a shit load of mini ones or a huge on seems like a doobious task

Y

yamaha_1fan

why would you have to go more than once a day? Time your lights and schedule so that you get there at the end of one cycle and finish your work around the time when lights go off. Then you go in the other room. If you finish too soon, you can do some work in the veg room.

If the whole room is in the same harvest, you really dont need to visit every day. When you use a large rez, it stays much more stable and wont require constant maintenace.

I would use ebb and flo tables. You can buy premade 4x8 tables, no need to make them. Put the table on some stands, put the fittings in and in 10-15 minutes, you have the whole thing setup. This really would depend on how you wanted to grow. To me its the simplest, easiest thing to do. No real leak possibilities. The res will probably sit right under the table so if a hose or fitting leaks, it goes right back in the rez.

Some plumbing advice. Run some PVC or copper lines to each rez. That way you dont have to run a hose all over the place. Same thing with drains. I currently use a pump and hose to drain each rez, PITA. Plumb some drain lines to each rez, so all you have to do is turn a valve and the rez drains.

Put a master valve feeding the rezes, so you can turn it off when you leave. Trust me on this.

Dialing in your strain has a big impact on your yields. So changing strains every other harvest may not be ideal and could cause a loss of profits. If you are going to do that, I would do it on a small scale to to test.

ExEcutioner

Good stuff man. I love to hear of grows and plans like this.

you said qp a plant? you would be better with SOG and maybe consider 600's easier on power and can get them lower.

E

Evgeni_Malkin

Though the bypassing of the electrical is possible, it has not yet been done. The flower room is now cut down to a bit over 20x20 room the veg room may be similar in size. Now knowing these dimensions what is my best way to fully effectively use my space o ya its 8 feet high. The 20x20 room is a pre built room but there is alot of other open space around which later I can make other rooms but for now I think that the 20x20 flower room will be sufficient.

so about 12 bulbs in the flower room and 6 in the veg room sound like a good idea?
About 25% ebb flow and 75% soil for the first time around. And I was hoping for 64-100 plants in the flower room at a time

eyes

Veteran
well,if you are using a 20 by 20 10000 to 12000 sounds about right.but then u said u want to get 2 pulls from the place so why bother with a veg room at all.total waste of time.i told ya,keep a few bushy moms so u dont have to set that up.never lost a crop in soil b4 but u could lose a crop in hydro.especially with pythium fusarium,or any others that comes up in the water.If i were u,id run coco.its not soil its not hydro(technically) but its a safe bet youll be able to produce in a system like im saying.do 6 to 9 plants under the 1000(6 under the 1000 with the other 3 in between the other 1000s overlap).so the 1000s are one right after another with three plants in between those,do 5 gallon bucket in a bucket.with the inner bucket with a ton of holes like a water farm.run a drip to waste system.You can set up a system like picos manifold have it come on every 3 hrs for 30 seconds 3-4 times a day.keep you resovoir cool and use the lucas formula bloom and micro.whew,you getting all this?

look.if you are just trying for 2 pulls,youll be lucky youll get .50 grams a watt especially if you dont have a big grow under your belt.so thats like 5000 grams or 50k im assuming at wholesale rates.not a whole lot of coin considering the investment.perfect would be 10000 grams but not alot of people get that especially if you dont have the enviroment or system down..so,hope for .50 2 times and thats 100k.is it enough?you be the judge of that.

Last edited:
E

Evgeni_Malkin

New flower room plans

New flower room plans

Here is an updated plan for the flower room any way to increase effecieny or suggestions on anything else to change would be appreciated.

E

Evgeni_Malkin

Eyes after talking to the investors today they say agree to start it smaller and try to juice it for as long as possible, I mean If the "front" is not checked up on and we have no problems I dont see why we cant pull out a few grows. As for coco not too sure bout that. But for sure will have some ebb flows going along side the soil

doolmore

Use rigid ducting and up your fan sizes 165 cfm is not going to blow through 4 hoods very efficiently more like 4-500 cfm per row with a larger 12" 1064 -2000 cfm blowing that hot air out.

Start small and work your way up, cut your room into two and run flip flops. What ever you do don't steal power! :bashhead:

DIGITALHIPPY

Veteran
Evgeni_Malkin said:
Here is an updated plan for the flower room any way to increase effecieny or suggestions on anything else to change would be appreciated.

ok now i like the diagram, OK, but check this out.
take the fan you have on there.... were going to take that bitch right out....
ok.. and over here...
at the begining of each row, the end OPPOSITE the big 16", ok, and were going to put nice 8" CAN-MAX's for thoes 4 1K's in 8" radiant or DAYSTAR (hydrofarm) hoods....

you did the room real nice otherwise. i thought u had more then 20x20??? ...either way... you could just repeat that double row of 4 you have, all the way down the room.

thoes banks of 4 hoods, at the end there that 16 looks good (to me) but when ty-stick puts his moonshine down im sure hes going to tell you how to duct up big runs like that proper to keep drag to a minimum etc.

oh the 'new growroom' smell.... fresh panda poly, fresh hoods, and the wonderful "new lightbulb" smell...
hahaha..

ill be back to give u ideas on elec, later.
hey is power a concern to you? should I/WE help u on different lighting paterns to help cut down costs?
:joint: DH :rasta:

Last edited:
E

Evgeni_Malkin

The original drawing of the grow space was not accuarate as there are some pre exsisting rooms already built there. The best sized room there is a 20x20 there are several smaller rooms a hallway and another huge open are at least 50x50 once I get my pictures of the place everyone including me will have a much better idea but the 20x20 room seems the best right now for flowering.

Anyone have suggestions on strains?
I am ordering them seperatley so I do not loose my whole order incase it gets lost in mail. I am thinking of getting these

REZ-Double Strawberry Diesel
HED-G13-Diesel
MK Ultra OG Kush x G13
Th burmese kush

eyes

Veteran
just what digital said.the fans you have are way too weak for this application.do what he says and go with 8 inch ducting if you are running the 1000s in line especially 4 of them.youll need a huge extractor fan on the main line 12 inch for all that heat as well.Its really up top you what system you want to go with i gave ya my choice.

havent tried any of those strains so hard to give you a opinion.Anyone?

E

Evgeni_Malkin

I am looking for a strong Purple Kush type smell.

Also I am thinking of doing 10 Bio Buckets along the soil but moving that system may seem to be a difficult task. Today I wen to a hydro shop and saw some pre built ones and found out how the system works I will start contructing a 10 Bucket system soon.

As for the fans you are right I will difiinitely increase the size and speeds.

But would having the tables touching so I can only walk on two sides of the tables instead of all four increase my lighting effeciency?

I am hoping today I will have my seeds ordered

THanks party people!

eyes

Veteran
your light efficiency will be dictated by reflectibility and how they are placed.stationary?movers?how close?air cooled?as far as walking,i always used reflectix to keep the light on the plants.never letting it spill out on the sides.workable area is up to you you can push the tables against the wall then use reflectix on 1 by 2s with hooks sliding on a coated wire to move and access the beauties.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Latest posts