E

Evgeni_Malkin

New place 115 plants

Hoping to get more lights up soon

Last edited:
Y

yamaha_1fan

I'll be the first to jump in here.

First expect alot of negativity. You are asking quite a few broad questions for a space that large. You are talking 7000 square feet. Thats bigger than a fast foor restaraunt.

These type of threads come along every so often, and very few actually follow up with a grow, so people get tired of giving their input.

I think hydro would be the way to go. What are you going to do, buckets, tables, aero? I think E&F tables would be the way to go, simple, clean easy to setup.

25 lights is going to produce a TON of heat. I am thinking you will need $5K just in fans.

And knowing what I know now, having a good known strain ahead of time would be a wise idea.

I dont think you will need a filtration room, depending on your setup. Your carbon filters can be in the rooms, hung from the ceilings. You may want to mount your ballasts remotely though but becareful of wiring limitaions.

I could go on and on.

I would absolutely LOVE to see this come together but history says it aint gonna happen.

PharmaCan

Veteran
This sure sounds familiar. Is that clown out in Hemet still screwing around promising people a place to grow?

Just for fun, let's look at some hypothetical numbers. Seeing as how you need space to walk around the plant trays, you can figure about 60% of your 3,000 sq.ft. will be useable grow area. You plan to light 1,800 sq.ft. with, what, 25,000 watts? That's just under 14 watts/sq.ft. - you need more like 50 watts/sq.ft., or about 90,000 watts total. The power to run those lights, and your veg lights and your ventilation and your a/c and your pumps... will cost somewhere between $10,000 - $20,000 per month.

IF you have done this before (no offense, but obviously you haven't) and IF everything goes perfectly, you can plan on seeing your first income about five to six months after you start operations.

With a large commercial operation, and this would be large even if you scaled it down to the equipment specs that you mentioned, you need at least $100,000 cash in your legal defense fund from the minute you start.

All in all, you'd probably best have at least $250,000 cash on hand for start-up capital. There's a thread here on IC, "So you want to be a commercial grower". You should find it and read it - there are a lot more opinions/points of view besides mine. But one thing is for sure, if you go into a business under-capitalized, the majority of times that business will fail and the owner will not only lose his/her initial investment, but will end up in debt as well.

Edit: Here's a link to that thread I mentioned- http://www.icmag.com/ic/showthread.php?t=86591

PC

Last edited:

headiez247

shut the fuck up Donny
Veteran
PharmaCan said:
This sure sounds familiar. Is that clown out in Hemet still screwing around promising people a place to grow?

Just for fun, let's look at some hypothetical numbers. Seeing as how you need space to walk around the plant trays, you can figure about 60% of your 3,000 sq.ft. will be useable grow area. You plan to light 1,800 sq.ft. with, what, 25,000 watts? That's just under 14 watts/sq.ft. - you need more like 50 watts/sq.ft., or about 90,000 watts total. The power to run those lights, and your veg lights and your ventilation and your a/c and your pumps... will cost somewhere between $10,000 - $20,000 per month.

IF you have done this before (no offense, but obviously you haven't) and IF everything goes perfectly, you can plan on seeing your first income about five to six months after you start operations.

With a large commercial operation, and this would be large even if you scaled it down to the equipment specs that you mentioned, you need at least $100,000 cash in your legal defense fund from the minute you start.

All in all, you'd probably best have at least $250,000 cash on hand for start-up capital. There's a thread here on IC, "So you want to be a commercial grower". You should find it and read it - there are a lot more opinions/points of view besides mine. But one thing is for sure, if you go into a business under-capitalized, the majority of times that business will fail and the owner will not only lose his/her initial investment, but will end up in debt as well.

PC

Well said.

E

Evgeni_Malkin

Tommorow will be the first day going to the site. And after a little inspection of the place I will get a better idea of what kinda space I am looking at.

After reading the responses so far I will scale down the operations for sure. In a 40k grow how many kw/h would I be expecting to use. Also as for electricity some will be bypassed from the meter as for how much I am guessing 15-20%. Also as soon as the plants are put into flowering the majority of the veg room will be shut down becasue there will be only clones and seedling left. I will be doing 18/6 and 10/14 light regiments to save electricity.

My investors hopes are to get QP of each plant and between 300-500 lbs per harvest to achieve this how much should I scale down my operation. As there are no walls yet at the location, so the front (see first pic) can be extended to reduce room sizes and orientation.

E

Evgeni_Malkin

As for start up I will be ordering seeds ina few days after finding out what strain I will grow, but construction will begin before this weekend. I will post pics for all those non-believers.

I would not waste your presious time, as I have frittered away countless hours reading pointless threads that just never have and ending to them.

Please stay posted and add your 2 cents

E

Evgeni_Malkin

O yea forgot to add. I think I will be doing soil as that is where I have more experience in. And I was thinking of having 5x5 tables each with its own 1000watter with enough spacing to walk between them. Thinking of PAanda poly or mylar for the walls or maybe I might just paint it white.

As for fans I was thinking of having a heavy duty dayton 465cfm attacthed to a pair of 5 aircooled hoods all attatchign to a 12 inch duct powered by a 1050cfm resteraunt blower. Would it be possible to get more effeiency with less electrcity consumption with flouros?

lets say you are a great grower and achieve 2 pounds for every 1000 watts of hps .and you plan on running 25 1000 watt hps lites that would only equal 50 pounds and you want 300 to 500 every harvest your in imagination land wheres kyle so he can suck my balls.

DIGITALHIPPY

Veteran
Evgeni_Malkin said:
As for start up I will be ordering seeds ina few days after finding out what strain I will grow, but construction will begin before this weekend. I will post pics for all those non-believers.

I would not waste your presious time, as I have frittered away countless hours reading pointless threads that just never have and ending to them.

Please stay posted and add your 2 cents

id sugest DP master kush, RES chemdog
MRN critical mass are also large growers/potential mega yielders.
id like to see whats going on in that room of yours, no negativity here!
just K+++, anyways all i can think to sugest is to think about going air-cooled, im sure u are going to have some sort of 10-20+ ton comercial a/c...

thoughts on types of growing sytems? you can do 4x4 flood trays. and do 2 per row, minimal working room max space. could do a 100 G res for 4 or 5 or 6 trays... makes nutrient mixing easy, kind-of.

lets see what you show us i can give tips for days.

OK bro real quick 300-500 lbs. per harvest :nono: Think about it even with 25 1k lights your gonna pull TOPS 2lbs a light... you do the math use you head... not even close... better do a lil re thinkin unless ur gonna put 250 1k lights in there... got it... :joint:

PharmaCan

Veteran
Evgeni_Malkin said:
Also as for electricity some will be bypassed from the meter as for how much I am guessing 15-20%.

This is not only dishonest, and not the kind of thing that most folks around would condone, but it is also very stupid and one of the primary ways that idiots get caught/busted/butt f'd in federal prison for many years... but then, I guess that's where karma comes into play, isn't it.

It's this kind of crap that politicians et-al can point to when calling for tougher laws/enforcement and it's the kind of crap that gives legitimate med growers a bad name!

PC

Last edited:
E

Evgeni_Malkin

Yes the math is off I was reading off my written notes and I added one too many zeros. So with 25 lights I was expecting around 20,000 grams but if I were to cut that down in half to 10-12 lights I should expect around 10,000 grams right?

E

Evgeni_Malkin

I think starting smaller and building up would be better!
Thanks People
Lets keep this a no response thread just mumble on and be assured I am reading please just give your suggestion on what should be done.

so you meant 30 to 50 pounds .i was thinking u were smoking crack 500 pounds is 2 million bucks worth of weed .30pnds sounds reasonable i would shoot for that.im no expert but ive read enough and learned enough from people on this site to know whats reasonable.and like pharma can said if u plan on stealing electricity expect a penis in your ass from nasty nate in the future.and hope the squirell master will save you

Last edited:

full time daddy
Veteran
all help out a lil ...to bring your temp's too 75deg's or close to that ,your going to need some where around 250,000 to 300,000 btu's IF YOU USE THE FULL SPACE (25 lights is 100,000 btu's alone) ballast to bulb max is 30 feet... i would say build 2 rooms and run flip flops on your lights and do 12k per room, 2 12k rooms is manageable with 1-2 ppl a 25k room is hard to handle even with a friend or 2 there so much work and 12 hrs to do it in NOT GONNA HAPPEN!!!!! with 2 rooms on flops you have a 24hr circle of light just remember you gotta sleep so you can manage the next room so be ready to pull 6 hr on/off shifts

with 25 lites id plan on a 15 pound harvest if you get 20 you will be happy if you plan for 20 you and your "crew" will only be upset when you get 15..... don't have big thought you will only be sad in the end...... only think big when it come's to your a/c otherwise you will be back crying to us when your "investors" dont get there QP a plant ......

ps dont steal the power.....

FRIENDinDEED

A FRIEND WITH WEED IS A . . .
Veteran
i am definitely taggin this one. no negativity here either, but this is good to get onto the ground level at. ill be learning as well.

Y

yamaha_1fan

You can do 10k in lighting but you will be using a fraction of the space.

I would consider a generator to keep your usage off the grid. It will cost some money to run but it will keep people from wondering why you have a $5,000-10,000 electric bill.

D

DEDHEDFRED

I`ve witnessed a lotta pie in the sky mega wattage grows that all had one thing in common......Not anywhere near the environment control they needed , light dissipation instead of reflected concentration , with hardly ever above gpw harvests due to lack of planning and experience.....Since you`re obviously not concerned about the power bill then use it wisely........I run flip rooms with considerably less wattage in each room , but efficiency and lack of maintenance rules the day........I`ve got several locations that I only check once a week and how that`s been made possible is by scaling down the sq. ftg. and wattage to be able to control the environment in each area for optimum results ......I use vertical bare bulbs w/reflectix on walls and ceilings and my rooms are essentially their own air-cooled reflectors .....00420 is definitely on the right track to your game plan as far as creating more bloomrooms you can flip and have perpetual harvests coming in constantly so your yearly yields won`t haveta incur total shutdown and suffer tearing down the rooms ,sterilizing and starting all over at once when it`s so needless and kills rollover possibilities of return on investments......I`d tryta talk your investors into an extended lease with the sq. ftg. you have available and start out running 4-6k flip rooms a month apart in age so harvests will come at least monthly once you set the wheels in motion , but what`s best is you can have 1 strain finish and then hit em with brand new genetics next month so nobody gets burnt out on the same shit so ta speak on smoke OR price........Even if you`re sellin to the clubs......Variety of quality always insures return on investment instead of having this harvest compared to last and if they`re tryin to negotiate the price per unit since it`s the same as last time......Anyways.........You`ve got a long wayta go my friend and runnin soil cuz you`re used to it`s gonna be a challenge compared ta hydro for the yields you seek........Big Papa over at AN ran dirt beds with PL lights over em and yields were insane but it was due to knowing his strains and dialing his environment for over 2 lbs. per light.........Good luck and remember smaller areas are waaaay easier to control than massive rooms where light dispersal and diffusion get fucked for plant growth as well as having to spend THOUSANDS on mega A/C for temp control and you STILL haveta think about what`ll be done about the TON`S of water in the air from the plants drinkin and transpiring and that`s in VEG......God forbid what you`ll do with those plant numbers once they go full bloom and drinkin their asses off......Can you say Santa Fe Dehuey`s ?...............Take care............DHF........... :joint: .........

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.