What's new

Neat MicroPC growbox with FLUOROS

Snider

Sup dudes?

I am proud to present you all with my very first grow. :woohoo: I thought a growbox would be necessary cause all I can get in my country is bad schwag. And it's noy my style to hit bad neighborhoods to get dope and get caught by the cops or even get whacked by the dealers. It's dangerous. Plus, the feeling of growing your own ladies has been with me since I first saw a 6ft mj tree

I read a lot of stuff from Overgrow till it died. Will miss it.

This case has been built with the help of a close friend, and this should be metioned. It would never happened without him.

I have limited space. I live on my own and I need it to be stealth.
I like pics, will post lots of them.

This case is 2ft tall (62cm), 17in long (43cm) and 7,5in wide (19cm). We tried to build it with less add ons as possible, to catch attention of no one, so you will see I have almost nothing hanging outside of it.

For now only 2 fluoros are on. They are both 25watts and 2700k color temp.

Could not find mylar yet. So my friend brought me one of those polyester blankets. It's almost the same as mylar, but it comes folded.

I also have this digital thermometer and I taped the sensor right close to the plants.

When all the lights are down in the room, this is how it seems:

This fan is fixed using the same screws that fix the lamps. It's placed where it can exaust the heat from the lamps.

This is messed up, but will be arranged so there will be less wires exposed.

This is the front side seen from the inside:

I have a HD cooler on the top bay of the case that can throw air in. There's another bigger fan a few inches below that can be turned on later to cool the plant.

There are 4 rails on each edge of the case, so I can have a SCROG going up and down whenever I want:

I am growing bagseed, so I can learn and then buy some other good stuff.
I have 3 seeds planted right now, but only one seems to be promising.

#1 5 days ago

#2 started growing first, but then it stopped. Cant tell if it's dying cause it's not falling or changing colors yet.

#3 is just for the kicks. Dunno what it is.

Well I am a noobie when it comes to growing. I am willing to hear every good advice I can get and follow it.
Please write anything you think about my setup or grows.

Pics were take from a SonyEricsson K750 (fkn great phone).
I might have left something out cause I am high on mj and beer.

WAITING TO HEAR FROM YA DUDES!
Thank YOU!

Last edited:

Sparkling

What are those greenish blue rocks/crystals? I was just wondering because they look like those dry crystal ferts.

Snider

Cant really tell maaaan. :confused:
Think it's just 'hair'. I am not even sure #3 is MJ plant.
LoL :bat: :bat:

Plants disposition 5 days ago

Case from outside with room lights on.

Case rear view. This is the place where the fancy carbon filtering system will come on. Wait and see! :lurk:

Dr.NO

That looks great for a first timer. Keep the updates coming I'm extremely interested in micro PC grows.

Trev

looks great, your gunna wanna fill your pots to the rim. the walls of the pot act like a heat trap? so im told. haha looks good bro.

Snider

Hey!

Thanks for the kind words. Yeah, first grow at all. Hope it works ok.

These are today pics.
Wonder about this babe. Is it not growing cause the box is too big so the roots are growing and not the tree? What is that brown stuff?

The bigger one is doing great. How long till I see if it's male or female?

I've been watering them every 2,5 to 3 days.
More to come later.

neat indeed. if ya wants to sex the plants youll have to change the photoperiod to 12 hours dark and 12 hours light, you should do this in a week or 3 or now if you want so that the stretch wont become unmanageable. oh yeah i think those lights are 5500-6500k lights. oh yeah, what are you using for the soil? you should definitely have some perlite in there. anyways keepit up lookin nice n green

duggy

Yow, baby! Looks good! And it was mentioned before, but hey what's that blue stuff on top of your soil? You--god forbid--aren't using fertilizers already? Also agree with everybody's perlite suggestion. Starting from seeds, use non-fertilized soil with perlite and vermiculite. there's a ratio around here somewhere. . . i usually mix it in until i feel the soil is light enough, and doesn't hold in a ball shape if you mash a bunch up in your fist.

grow, man!
duggy :smoker:

Snider

Makavellian: I am using non-fertilized plain soil. It has perlite but it´s not white, it´s green. and yeah, I didnt put that much as I should. the newer 2 seeds I started have more perlite. I am not sure about the lamps, will check them.

pieceofmyheart: read above. will use more perlite, for sure. thanks! :)

duggy: no, not using fertilizers, hehe. I know I cant. I chose the plastic cups cause they´re clear, I wanted to see the roots. They are water cups and the blue thing you probably saw is the advertising on the plastic.

will get more perlite and also vermiculite that I dont have.

thanks guys

xsailbox

any plans to lightproof the front?
I did case setup with the fan on the inside sandwiching 2 layers of carbon filter but it causes alot of restriction, it causes the exhausts to actually blow back into the room...

Snider

I must lightproof the front. Some people will be around and they cant know what this is.
My idea for the carbon filter will have an external box. I will show soon.

I bought the vermiculite today. New pics tomorrow.

Snider

HEY

POMH: thanks! I heard of that! Smoking your own weed is one of the best feelings there is! :D :D

So I am back from the weekend! I was 3 days away from my babies.
A lot anxious about #1.
But let me start with other details:

I have this lamps waiting to be used for long time now. Almost a year actually. From left to right: 2x25W 2700k color, 2x25w 4000k color, 1x15w 6500k, 2x25w 6500k.

All these are to play with. Up to 4 will be on that computer case
(I have already started to think about a veg room, muahahahah).

Pics from #3: CAN ANYONE PLEASE TELL ME WHAT TYPE OF PLANT THIS IS?

I bought the vermiculite. NICE TASTY VERMICULITE!

YUMMI!!!

It will be used when I transport some ladies or for the new ones that are coming already :biglaugh: :biglaugh: :biglaugh: (pics on them later)

I'd like to present you my timer, so you know when he kicks in.

Cheapo, will spend more on a better one later, but only if needed.
I need an higrometer, wanna get one with a wireless remote I saw on ebay.

#2 seems to be rising from the almost dead. Two leaves are shyly coming from the inside. There's some burning still on the other two. Dont know where I failed on this one. It's not growing above the soil at least.

#1 finally

Snider

Makavellian:

Please tell me if you think #1 has stretched.
Also, hands down to you on the lamps color temp. :headbange :headbange :headbange :headbange
I removed one of them to check and found out it was a 15W lamp. Cant tell
what color temp it is but all specs match that single 15w on the list, which is 6500k. They were both switched right away for the 2x25w 6500k lamps. So you got it right. :smoker: :smoker: :smoker:

One of the lamps I removed.

Case with new lamps on.
Did I do the right move switching to these lamps keeping the same color temp?
Does #1 look healthy?
Are they too close to the lamps?
Any clue on reviving #2?
WTF IS #3?

Tips are more than welcome. I am waiting to hear from anyone.

Last edited:

Latest posts

Latest posts