What's new

317g Trim to Oil Test

MrWeekend

3 more 317g test batches to follow...all different solvents...wont bother listing them on here since a few of you guys like to flame the shit out of people.....will list final weights also when I scrape them.

This one turned out pretty good!.....Its going to be a good 420!

This was a very quick wash......I poured 1 gal over the trim in a filter bag....probably around 10sec contact time.

#1 - Bubbling of the solvent
picture.php

#1 - Bubbling off the solvent
picture.php

#1 - Bubbling
picture.php

#1 - Ready Freddy
picture.php

#1 - Kinda soft but just a little tacky
picture.php

picture.php

jd4083

Veteran
looks quite nice...haters aside, do you mind mentioning the solvent used for that first batch? Hard to tell but looks like properly washed hexane or acetone oil

osirica420

please update us with the solvents, seems a few of us very much interested...
all haters please step aside on this one..

very interested what you using for a solvent and what is the consistancy of the finished product can it be made rock hard like bho??

MrWeekend

Here is the 3 other batches.....#4....is woah.....1, 2, & 3 all have the same look, but have different stickiness levels, & smells....will update that when I scrape & let them fully harden/cool.

on to the pics

picture.php

picture.php

picture.php

picture.php

picture.php

picture.php

picture.php

picture.php

Oil String
picture.php

I love it when you get that hardened string of extract :D

you know right there that it is well purged.

Damm fine pics brother! I'm very very tempted to do a full extract run with my next harvest.

Bigains

what is the solvent, naptha? As long as it is all baked off, and you did not use something toxic like methanol it should be all good.

MrWeekend

***Please Remember, all SOLVENTS ARE EXTREMELY FLAMMABLE!. even the vapors!***

A correct purge of all solvents is HIGHLY recommended

#1 - Acetone - 33g
#2 - Denatured Alc - 22g
#3 - 91% ISO - 16g
#4 - Butane - 5.5g

1, 2, 3 smoke almost identical, & are the same dark amber color.....1 & 3 are less tacky than #2....#1 has the best smell out of all 4.

4, looks & taste the best, but yielded horrible.

In my book, acetone is the way to go.

MrWeekend

***Please Remember, all SOLVENTS ARE EXTREMELY FLAMMABLE!. even the vapors!***

kleanstrip, from homedepot, or walmart....I think walmart is $1 cheaper, but its easier to walkout of HD with multiple gallons and not be looked at like a terrorist.

MSDS says 95-100% acetone, with no other ingeds. listed......evaps without any trace everytime I try it....I recommend trying it every run, just incase you get a messed up batch.

& also....#5 PP clear plastics(look on the bottom for the recycling sign # & right under it will be letters), glass, & clean metal containers work well with acetone...all other plastics/coating will "melt" or dissolve into the acetone. #5 PP is NOT for long storage....#2 HDPE will also work.....I recommend clear plastics. For one you can see quickly if any damage is being done by solvents. Secondly & probably most important, no color to leach into your solvent

osoloco69

You get a better yield of BHO if the trichs are broken, so kif that stuff lightly. Large fan leaves will make stickier waxier oils. Tight trim will yield nicer styrofoam like or shardy powdery oil. This is after using dried, cured leaf and after a 24 hr minimum dry and cure. Larger containers will have the tendency to hold more water, they have a larger surface area for oxidizing the THC, and make a darker oil. You need to get some glass ramekins and make a bunch of smaller batches. Having the right type of extractor is also key. I do not suggest anything like a honeybee or okeif.