What's new

Swampys JackHerer grow.

swampy_nz

Hey guys.:joint:

This is my first time growing Jackherer,so we will see how things go.
I have been growing indoors on and off for the last 15 years or so but have never done a predominantly sative strain.The opportunity came along to purchase 5 Jack clones,so i dusted off my old equipment and went shopping for some new toys.:woohoo:
i will be growing them in a 2x8 foot wardrobe with 2x600 watt hps,with lumatek ballasts,large 6-7 gallon buckets with my special blend soil mix and lots of tlc.
I haven't decided what im gunna do,training wise yet as i have no experience with jack so any thoughts or input would be appreciated.Vege time,training,flowering times etc.Any info at all or other peoples experience with jack would help me out alot.

Here they are at 10 days veg.

Sativa's stretch a lot more than indica's, I wouldn't give them 7-8 gal containers. 4 or 5 gallons will do them fine and it'll keep them from touching your ceiling. I'd recommend giving them a short veg period as well, or you could veg them till they show sex if you LST. Wish I could be of more help but I have no experience growing Jack. Your babies are lookin good so far, I'll be watching your thread. Best of luck.

Last edited:

swampy_nz

i have decided to do a scrog with 3 plants,chuck one outside and use the last as a mother.going to repot into 5 gallon pots,top them and veg for another week or 2.:woohoo:

H

Hazeseeker

Nice:yes:, looking forward to this, a scrog under 1200w is gonna be sweet:canabis:,
just started a pack of Jack Herer recently, it's my first time growing Jack as well,
i've been told they love lots of root space so the big containers your thinking about using will be a good choice man

peace:joint:

Count me in on this one man, I am a huge fan of Jack Herer. She is at the top of my list for my next run.

Looking forward to this Scrog.

Goodluck!

sir $moka lot

nice plants

nice plants

i grew out some jack herer once, not sure on the breeder or pheno(dispensary cut) but mine wouldnt stretch and finished very short with 1 solid main cola about 14" tall or so....didnt measure them when i switched the lights but if i had to guess the plant was only around 6" when i switched it. decent smoke, tho not as frosty as the others i was growing at the time. hth

sir $moka lot

swampy_nz

change of plans.the 3 jacks are going into a 2'x4' closet with a 600 watt and are gunna get scroged.
im getting a couple of clones each of bigbud and a local strain here called affie red.beetroot red from clone to flower.they will get their own room with another 600 watt.then i got a strain called "hammer"which is coming in a few weeks.im running outa room and lights.lol
the jacks were topped at the fourth node afew days ago,will be repotted into 5 gallon pots in the weekend and then put into the closet for a few more days in vege and the flowered.in not to sure when to add the screen tho,as im not sure how fast the jacks will stretch and fill the screen.

the jacks are getting 150 watts per squarefoot at the mo.plants are short and stocky with very short nodes.im sure that will change soon.

swampy_nz

well,i mixed up my soil mix today,a blend of max yield,perlite,dolomite and some compost plus some coral sand i had left over from my marine tank.
repotted 3 of the clones into 5 gallon pots,decked out my closet and im a way.just need to get some tetting for my scrog screen and thats it.will keep it on 18/6 for a couple more days then switch to 12/12.:joint:

swampy_nz

yep,all female clones.
haven't really started my nute program yet,no need to.just been feeding straight water with superthrive.they got one dose of halfstrength nitrosol which is an organic blood n bone fert plus i gave them a dose of earthjuice catalyst yesterday.they wont need a bloom fert for a few weeks yet.:joint:

SkunkyDemon

Sweet, all girls is all any man could want LOL. Earthjuice is a good organic nute. Try using the bloom juice. My first run in dirt was samples of Earth juice heh. Did great loved it. No problems. I even wound up buying thier ph up and ph down.

Peace

swampy_nz

i was looking at the earthjuice bloom,might give it a go if you recommend it.going all organic this time round and was wondering which bloom fert to use.

SkunkyDemon

That or FoxFarm. Im using GH Nova Nutes this time around, which are organic too. I got a few samples of the two part so I thought give it a try. The stuff is way heavey, is says its highly concentrated, so we'll see.

Iv also used the Pure Blend Pro and that was organic too.
I have heard that Advance Nutes has some good oganic suppulments as well as nutes. I might give them a try next, but you seem to have to buy alot more nutes and suppulments for thier feeding regiment. I need to do a little more research on them.
But ya, EJ is deffenently a good one.

Peace

swampy_nz

hey doobibrother,good to see another kiwi onboard.:joint:
we have a limited range of organic nutes down here in newzealand.earth juice is the main one.no foxfarm,pure blend or advanced nutes so i gota use what i can get:wallbash:

swampy_nz

Well iv finally decided on my nutes.:joint:
Earth juice Bloom,Catalyst and Meta K,plus superthrive,yates blood and bone and African violet for foliar feeding latter in flowering.
I made my Scrog screen today which I will put up tomorrow after i switch to 12/12.Being mostly sativa it they should full in the screen nicely.
They are branching out nicely and looking well.more pics tomorrow.:woohoo:

swampy_nz

put the last two jacks into a 6 gallon pot and have placed them outside.they should finish around the same time as my indoor.we will see.