What's new

Zoom out 😇

GMT

The Tri Guy
Veteran
Yep, just a bunch of us old geezers in here :smoke out:

That's very cool, but how are you getting power to that place? Is it on your own property or a gorilla spot? You're going to need a strong fan to keep that place ventilated. And a heater to keep it warm. Thinking about it, won't your electricity costs out weigh you're return?

LndRcLvr

Yep, just a bunch of us old geezers in here :smoke out:

That's very cool, but how are you getting power to that place? Is it on your own property or a gorilla spot? You're going to need a strong fan to keep that place ventilated. And a heater to keep it warm. Thinking about it, won't your electricity costs out weigh you're return?
Yes it's in my possession. And hooked up properly to the mains, I have been working towards sorting this since we bought the house quite a few years ago . I have a 6" inline fan for extraction currently and the option to draw air in either via another 6" duct from my garden shed or alternatively from passive intakes at the end you can't see which is a 1m x 50 cm entrance. RE return on electricity I have absolutely no idea what it will cost, tbh cost isn't a huge issue, It's more of a hobby really. When I get setup I will have a go at calculating the cost. Edit to say the growing area is 1.3m x 3m or 4' x 9' in old geezer terms

Reactions: GMT

LndRcLvr

Are dealers really charging £50 or £70 for an eighth nowadays? I rarely buy weed as I have been growing outdoors for a few years but the lines around my way deliver a eighth for £30, a quarter £50 in less than 30 mins. And the weed is generally ok for dealer weed.

PetePrice

Are dealers really charging £50 or £70 for an eighth nowadays? I rarely buy weed as I have been growing outdoors for a few years but the lines around my way deliver a eighth for £30, a quarter £50 in less than 30 mins. And the weed is generally ok for dealer weed.
Yes, I'm in a city and that's the going rates for "Cali" still get the Stardawg and Ammo etc for cheaper prices... But madness for any exotic weed in an fancy Ipac.. you get non Cali qtrs for bout 70.. better to buy in bulk... Or grow your own.
I haven't been the dam in a while but heard it's the same there, a total rip off.. hash prices are still decent...

GMT

The Tri Guy
Veteran
You've got a really nice space there then, 4x9 😉, I'm going to assume this will be 2 grows per year? Little veg area sealed off, perhaps a little 2*2 tent at one end to start things off so you can get the second crop in as soon as the first crop comes out? . What are your plans thoughts on it?

Last edited:

LndRcLvr

The whole thing is above ground and I have just covered the inside with 25mm celotex. The thermal mass is huge like I would say 20 tonnes. I just have a small desiccant heating dehumidifier going and tbh its fairly warm already. I'm going to get it set up and running and start taking some measurements using different intakes. RE plant plans - I've only ever grown photoperiods once and that was last season I grew some nanda Devi ( pic attached ) from the Real Seed Company. Apart from that I've only really grown fast buds autos outdoor and had l some pretty good results. The first plants I am going to run are a handful of original Afghan kush Autos. I'd like to run it all year but I guess I just need to wait and see.

This was fast buds Jack Herer auto. Which I think was the best weed I have grown. I also made a Thai stick from some of it

PXL_20230921_204416275.jpg

PXL_20230921_210936892.jpg

And the Nanda Devi:

PXL_20231125_231149550.jpg

GMT

The Tri Guy
Veteran
You're not getting that thing winter proof then. Not sufficient for weed to survive. You'd get a better return sticking a bed in there and listing it on air BnB. If you're in a private spot, you're better off growing outdoors, where everything you need is free. Run your lights at night for warmth, and to reduce daytime temps in the summer heat.
It would be simpler to put a couple of tents in there really.

Last edited:

LndRcLvr

Funnily enough I was thinking of doing that ! WWll enthusiasts would love it. I was going to install those floor mounted bass speakers and get someone to do me a night time bombing raid sound design soundtrack. Whack a camp bed and an oil lamp and a bucket in there and charge £100 per night - easy money. I do have A pair of the shelters end to end so still an option

So can anyone recommend photoperiod seeds to grow please? I have no experience. Id like something that is a balanced high and some interesting smells. I love imported hash smells.particularly high grade morrican. I always get most of my flavour enjoyment before I smoke the weed when I'm sticking my nose in the jar and fiddling with the bud when preparing. I never seem to get mouth flavour when smoking.

GMT

The Tri Guy
Veteran
For that taste you want an Afghani cross of some sort. Plenty of seed banks sponsor this site, take a search through them and see who/what catches your eye.

GMT

The Tri Guy
Veteran
Yeah but normally it would also show in one of the ancestral lines if it was natural. It hasn't, nor is it on any of the other leaves. Plus they are getting too close to the light already ( something I need to do something about).
Mars tents are great, but I wish the wire hangers were shorter or their tents taller.

mr.brunch

Veteran
Yeah but normally it would also show in one of the ancestral lines if it was natural. It hasn't, nor is it on any of the other leaves. Plus they are getting too close to the light already ( something I need to do something about).
Mars tents are great, but I wish the wire hangers were shorter or their tents taller.
On my old ts-3000 I put strong wire tied flat between the two hanging eyelets on either side then hung it from that when the plants got too tall… bit of a balancing act but it gave an extra 6 inches or so

GMT

The Tri Guy
Veteran
Oooo, trying to picture that, I just had an idea, thanks man, I'll grab my camera if this works, if not, you'll hear me crying from there if it goes as badly as I think it could do. Hmmm, I'll need some gloves for this, ......

GMT

The Tri Guy
Veteran
Ok, so my original idea didn't work, the clips were too big to feed through the clip holes on the light. I thought I could feed them through and connect them to the opposing side. No.
So in my desperation, I just wound the wire hangers around the mountaineering clip things that go up and down (oh I wish I knew the correct words for these things), over and over.
What a ball ache that was. Still, it has given me so much extra room in the tent that I haven't even pulled the light all the way up. I tried to take pics as I was doing it, but my phone takes crap pictures in the dark, and I wasn't going to try that job with the light on.
Still I just took some now, you'll have to imagine me balancing over the plants, holding the light up in one hand, winding the wire hangers with the other, and swearing the whole way through.
IMG_20240125_191158.jpg

IMG_20240125_191122_HDR.jpg

IMG_20240125_191217.jpg

And yes I know I need to wash the top of the ballast, man no one gives me a break. Ok I'll get it done 😩.

oldmaninbc

Ok, so my original idea didn't work, the clips were too big to feed through the clip holes on the light. I thought I could feed them through and connect them to the opposing side. No.
So in my desperation, I just wound the wire hangers around the mountaineering clip things that go up and down (oh I wish I knew the correct words for these things), over and over.
What a ball ache that was. Still, it has given me so much extra room in the tent that I haven't even pulled the light all the way up. I tried to take pics as I was doing it, but my phone takes crap pictures in the dark, and I wasn't going to try that job with the light on.
Still I just took some now, you'll have to imagine me balancing over the plants, holding the light up in one hand, winding the wire hangers with the other, and swearing the whole way through.
View attachment 18950717
View attachment 18950718
View attachment 18950719
And yes I know I need to wash the top of the ballast, man no one gives me a break. Ok I'll get it done 😩.
I had to wrestle with my light hangers like yourself because of my short tent, it was frustrating, your right there was a lot of swearing involved. I eventually rewired the light hanger with shorter picture frame wire and I had a crimping tool for electrical wire. I have about a 28" growing height. When my lights were to close it bleached the leaves. My tent is like 2 tents with a smaller tent on top of another tent, not sure why I bought it, seemed like a good idea at the time. I also put U shaped hardware fastener with a bolt on the tent tubing. Did what I could to gain a few more inches. Carabiner is the clip name your looking for. I really dislike when it is not simple to operate my tent. I need a new tent. Hope you get it all worked out.

mr.brunch

Veteran
View attachment 18950717
View attachment 18950718
View attachment 18950719
Excellent- just a little extra space can help no end 👍

LndRcLvr

View attachment 18950717
View attachment 18950718
View attachment 18950719
Why's it brown ? all the baccy you smoke? 😆 Also how many watts is your light ?

GMT

The Tri Guy
Veteran
It's been hanging there for 4 years now, things get dirty after 4 years 🤷.
Its 300w, which is just about ideal for a cost efficient grow. Plants can handle more and respond to more per sq foot, but above that, your returns on addition costs fall. In a 2x4 space, that seems about right. My other tent is only 5.9 square foot, has the same wattage of light in it, and I pull less from that tent even with the right plant under it.

Edit: personal note somewhere no one will see it. Selected

7.Chocolate Diesel Ice Cream cake = Ice Cream Cake Diesel 2 ( super loud funk pheno) x Chocolope Male
8-10 wèeks
As my OJD seed order.

Waiting on rgs for the lemonade OG stock situation

Still considering VGs amnesia Thai cross, but have to wait.

Need to order tent from mars plus extra fan.

Last edited: