What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Zenith feminized limited edition

Ras Kali Rasta

Group shots. I rearranged the plants to shortest to longest flowering from left to right. A little Panama fem can be seen poking her head up in the first photo.

20240203_102607.jpg

20240203_102631.jpg
20240203_102654.jpg

dubi

ACE Seeds Breeder
Vendor
Veteran
So I’ve been getting into the zenith bags here and there. It’s been a little over 2 months since I harvested.
Out of 6 plants there is a bit of variability in the outcome. I’m curious to see how a longer cure effects some of them.

#1 has a light mint gum and incense smell. This one is my least favorite smoke of the zenith. It makes me feel kind of dull and disinterested in pretty much doing anything. This one was a pheno 2 plant.

#2. Hell yes! Love this one. Incense, lemon, and vanilla cream smells and tastes. Very incensy on the tongue.
This is a pheno 1 plant. It is extremely energetic and uplifting. Very “bright” feeling if that makes any sense. This feels very similar to my favorite Pangi plant that feels like Happy Sunshine in my core. Zero paranoia and zero crash. It just gently fades away with no sleepiness. It’s very clear headed also.
Definitely keeping a mom of this one. It’s pure happy energy! It’s also excellent weight lifting weed.

#3. This was a pheno 1 leaning plant in flowering time. This one has an oily and fruity background that reminds me of Malawi more than anything else. The high also has a kind of dirty feel to it that I find with some Malawi. Some head fog and a hard crash come down. If I smoke this, I’m taking a hard nap 2-3 hours later. I also find I don’t get much done when I smoke this one.

#4 is a pheno 1 plant and probably the densest flower growth of those. Mint gum and spices for scent. Spacey, absent minded, very calming mentally but not fuzzy headed feeling. It’s very up, but not productive feeling or alert. Kind of a lazy up. Tingling on the skin with this one.

#5 was a pheno 1 plant and the only 1 that had a ton of mold. I lost half this plant to bud rot unfortunately and culled the clone due to that. It was also the most herm prone. It feels similar to the #2 plant but nowhere near as strong and has a lazy come down.

#6 is a pheno 2 plant and just kept flowering forever. I think she may have even hit a 4th reflowering period. I took her at just over 13 weeks. Scent is Lemon cream, some slight incense and just the tiniest hint of mint gum. This plant is the one that smelled the absolute strongest of Bubblegum during the grow and overpowered everything else in the tent. When breaking the buds up you catch a whiff of the bubblegum still.
High is very clear and alert but also very smooth. Nice and gentle, calming and relaxing but without any sleepiness or laziness. No crash and lasts a good couple hours. Slight herm initially due to transplant stress but she knocked it off and never threw nanners again after week 4.

Out of all of them, I’m holding onto #2 and #6 at least until they’ve cured 6-8 months and I can really evaluate them, mostly #6. I really enjoy how #2 feels and think #6 has the potential after more curing.
Consistency of all of the flowers was very similar across all 6 plants with just a slight variance in density. The structure really reminded me of the Panama x PCK cross. Slightly open and loose, large calyx but not densely packed together but also not feathery like Honduras and the more tropical types. It kind of surprised me given how dense most of the panamas I have grown have been and especially how rock like the 2 zamaldelica plants I’ve grown have been.

Overall I think this cross has a ton of potential and I’ll definitely be ordering another round of them if they become available.
So, I just talked to a friend that I gave samples to and he absolutely loves the #3&4 plants. He described them very similarly to how dubi describes the pheno 2 feel. He also said #6 was fantastic but he really disliked #2 which is my favorite. He said that one made him cranky and agitated, his wife made him go clean out the horse stalls so she could get him out of the house. 😂

Zenith wasn’t what I expected after having grown a lot of Panama and zamaldelica as well as crosses of them. The bud structure came out a little looser and none of them have the extreme smells possible with Zamaldelica that I was expecting, but they were all still decent plants. I really think this line could become something incredible if it was worked beyond an F1. I’ll definitely be growing them again if they restock.

heheheh i have a good laugh after reading your second post 😂 Thanks a lot for sharing your insights on your 6 different Zenith girls. There's indeed desirable variability in my opinion, and I think this is a positive aspect. Zenith can achieve unique expressions that I haven't found in other Zamaldelica or Panama hybrids. Each person may choose different phenotypes depending on personal taste, as shown by your friends' experiences.

My taste is perhaps more like your friend.I prefer the strains from pheno 2 with more intermediate/balanced, floating, meditative effects. The extremely speedy-energetic ones from pheno 1 can be a bit irritating if smoked too much. To each their own.

dubi

ACE Seeds Breeder
Vendor
Veteran
150 liter pots should be quite enough to get a good yield from them @Ras Kali Rasta ;)
Glad to hear that your straight Panama is already displaying pink pistils in preflowers.
Some Zenith strains can also exhibit them, though not as frequently.
This trait becomes more prominent in colder temperatures.

What are the current photoperiod and temperatures?"

Ras Kali Rasta

150 liter pots should be quite enough to get a good yield from them @Ras Kali Rasta ;)
Glad to hear that your straight Panama is already displaying pink pistils in preflowers.
Some Zenith strains can also exhibit them, though not as frequently.
This trait becomes more prominent in colder temperatures.

What are the current photoperiod and temperatures?"

Hey dubi. Day length is about 13h 10min. Daytime temps in the low 30°s. Nights around 20°.
#1 is getting frosty and smells amazing! Sharp lemon with a slightly sweet musky background.
#2 is still getting a few pale pink pistles. She smells even better! Juicy, sweeter citric and fruity sherbet bubblegum.
#3, #4 and #5 have fainter scents, in keeping with their stage. These ones are going to be bushier, as they all got accidentally topped by falling branches in a storm.
They are thirsty girls. I might need to get some dripers on them.

Ras Kali Rasta

Excellent progress in the garden @Ras Kali Rasta :) The fast one is really ahead! I foresee the Zenith garden becoming diverse, with various phenotypes to experience. It's truly interesting to learn how the different expressions transition to flowering in your environment and latitude.

Thanks, dubi. This really is a fascinating breeding. The sensitivity of some to the decreasing photoperiod anywhere close to 12/12 is quite remarkable. I can't keep clones at the moment, but I wonder if these phenos may require more than 18/6 to stay in veg, like some of the DJ Short strains.

Only #1 has a columnar structure and she is the most compact. I think she will be a pheno A type for terps and effects. The rest I feel (or maybe I just hope) will be pheno B types. It would certainly be nice to get the Zen like effects in a variety of fruity flavours.

Years ago, when you sent me some second generation Zamaldelica regular seeds, I got some interesting variety. There was a banana and cream pheno in both the Zamaldelica Elite dominant seeds and in the seeds labled Zamal Thai dominant. These had a super clear and kind effect. I would love to get another similar pheno.

It's a pity the latest Zenith reproduction didn't take. Any thoughts about doing a regular version?
Panama Goddess crossed with the Zamal/Thai dominant males you use in Zamaldelica regular seems like it could have great potential, as does Zamaldelica Elite F1 crossed with the Panama F11 male you've been using in the Panama regular hybrids.

yoann

Hey there 🤩

Second session of zenith, with 3 cloned phenotypes among 9 individuals. The little plants between are Brugmansia suaveolens, not weed 🙈 just switched to 12/12 last week.

I have a question about what would be the best indoor coco setup in your opinion for zenith ?

Here's mine:

I changed of nutrients solution, I grow them with Floranova bloom from TA, at no more than EC = 1 ms/cm². I add cal-mag, oxygen peroxide and mineral magic from TA too.

PH 6,2 during flo, it was 5,8 during growing.

Those high intensity DLI led give between 20 and 50 DLI/12h. And I will add UV later.

IMG_20240304_124128.jpg

Prs2xs

Hey there 🤩

Second session of zenith, with 3 cloned phenotypes among 9 individuals. The little plants between are Brugmansia suaveolens, not weed 🙈 just switched to 12/12 last week.

I have a question about what would be the best indoor coco setup in your opinion for zenith ?

Here's mine:

I changed of nutrients solution, I grow them with Floranova bloom from TA, at no more than EC = 1 ms/cm². I add cal-mag, oxygen peroxide and mineral magic from TA too.

PH 6,2 during flo, it was 5,8 during growing.

Those high intensity DLI led give between 20 and 50 DLI/12h. And I will add UV later.

View attachment 18968755
The plants look happy - I would keep doing what works!

Latest posts

Latest posts