What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Zamaldelicas, Thai x Panama, Oaxaca x Panama - summer of hell - Test by Koon

Koondense

Veteran
I hope the effect will be as good as the way they grow :)

OaxPan, she has a very beautiful leaf structure, a very pronounced basic leaf shape(lighter green) with serrations sticking out as another leaf layer(darker green), or maybe I'm just high..
picture.php

Meanwhile the Zam#1 is still stretching, I keep slowly pruning the excess undergrowth and popcorn budsites
picture.php

No particular smells so far with Zam#1, but after taking some clones off Zam#1 and ThaiPan I noticed the awesome fresh ganja smell coming from ThaiPan, a very nice old school warm and sharp smell of the good green herb. Too bad she's so slow to flower, hopefully the clones will be quicker...if they make it through the selection process.

ThaiPan
picture.php

Cheers

Koondense

Veteran
There's also a lucky stud with my ladies, a Blueberry Sativa IBL male. Interesting leaf shape with double serrations, looking somehow old school to me.

picture.php

Got also two females but I'm running out of space and I'm thinking of making a donation to somebody who got a nice spot for my BBS ladies. Or maybe I'll keep one for "science" :)

Cheers

Tangwena

Veteran
The OaxPan looks unreal man run out of likes so I had to say something.
That should be a good pairing and bring forth some real old school ganja.

SolarLogos

There's also a lucky stud with my ladies, a Blueberry Sativa IBL male. Interesting leaf shape with double serrations, looking somehow old school to me.

View Image

Got also two females but I'm running out of space and I'm thinking of making a donation to somebody who got a nice spot for my BBS ladies. Or maybe I'll keep one for "science" :)

Cheers
Looks good Koondense. Love the ripsaw teeth on that BBS! That thaipan looks like she is really leaning thai so far, will be interesting when she flowers. Oaxaca-pan, need I say more? Really awesome grow my friend.
Peace, God bless

Koondense

Veteran
All is flowering beautifully, the Zam#2 looks like she has an excellent yield potential, very bushy and strong with lots of budsites on the branches, so far very low smell.

Meanwhile ThaiPan decided to properly start to flower while still stretching like crazy, probably in my top three stretchers so far.
The Panama side is clearly visible in the stigmas, lovely short and stocky.

Thai Chiang Mai X Panama Goddess
picture.php

I've done a not so good scrogging with her, she's probably too stretchy for my small setup and probably her pot is too big...but who cares. Let them grow :)

Cheers

Koondense

Veteran
Yes, the Panama goddess seems to be quite dominant in crosses at least from my experience. She's a good breeding tool, has many qualities I like.

A little update on my girls..

Zam#1 still stretching a bit and both with ThaiPan are showing first signs they need food, some low fans are yellowing but to my relief it started happening gradually and early enough to keep them fed and not loose too many foliage during early flowering.

Zam#1
picture.php

Zam#2 is another story, she is a different beast and I feed her a bit more frequently.
Nice fat and bushy, the stretch is slow and will see how much more she will grow, hopefully a bit more or I'll have to lower the net a bit(or lift the pot).

Zam#2
picture.php

The Blueberry Sativa male was taken out of the tent, awaiting for some pollen sacks to open...
He smells pretty sharp citrusy and sweet.
picture.php

Cheers

PurpleBuz

View Image

Cheers

cool sawtooth pheno! whose BlueBerry Sativa line is that ?

Boss Cocky

Very nice selection of strains, Koondense. I love Zamaldelica and Panama. Really looking forward to trying the Taipan and Oaxaca x Panama. An Oaxaca x Tikal would go down a storm too.

By the way, does dubi or anyone else know whether the Oaxaca is a highland or lowland variety? I remember DJ Short reporting that they had considerably different highs.

Tangwena

Veteran
Very nice selection of strains, Koondense. I love Zamaldelica and Panama. Really looking forward to trying the Taipan and Oaxaca x Panama. An Oaxaca x Tikal would go down a storm too.

By the way, does dubi or anyone else know whether the Oaxaca is a highland or lowland variety? I remember DJ Short reporting that they had considerably different highs.
Your speaking my kind of language yes sir.

Koondense

Veteran
Hi Boss, thanks ;)
Oaxaca x Panama is nicely flowering, I pruned her a bit and will prune more of all plants in the coming week, I think we're at the early flower point when some pruning can make a good difference in the final outcome. Airflow and light penetration are top priorities.

ThaiPan is still stretching a bit while Zam#1 seems to be near to stopping. I raised the lights quite a bit, probably they're the highest level ever. I don't remember having this nice sativa spears canopy like with Zam#1 and ThaiPan.

ThaiPan, a bit of horizontal bending for the stretchy beast. Got two colas in almost horizontal position, looks like she likes it :)
picture.php

Regarding Oaxaca from this cross...
My seed pack was labeled "Oaxaca 23 X Panama fem", the mother seems to be one of the phenos dubi selected from the Oaxaca 79 S1 batch. Here's a thread about the seed line:
https://www.icmag.com/ic/showthread.php?t=316026
Sadly there's no photo of Oaxaca 23 in the thread.

Cheers

Koondense

Veteran
Damn, the heat is still here. Thankfully there's change on the horizon :)

These tropical monsters don't care, they love it actually. Both Zam#1 and ThaiPan are still stretching so there's always a bit of extra work to keep them somehow under control.

Zamaldelica #1
picture.php

Thai x Panama
picture.php

They get some balance organic feeding every watering and show no sign of overfert or a deficency apart from some low fan leaves falling during the stretch. No big deal.

I feel it's time to start putting on some weight...

Cheers

Koondense

Veteran
There's a new keeper in town!
After sadly losing Pangi I think the OaxPan will be a very suitable keeper for my nose, we'll see what kind of effect she will have.
So far she's a stunner, very resinous and showing major traits from Panama Goddess.
Lemony goodness for my nostrils :)

OaxPan
picture.php

Next surprise are the ThaiPan and Zam#1 duo, probably the hardest scrog so far, they stopped stretching(finally!) and started to fill the branches.
Zam#1 is insanely sweet with citrus undertones and an overall tropical feel. Probably my keeper #2.

Zam#1
picture.php

ThaiPan is a crazy one, throwing budsites everywhere and developing a light herbal minty and sweet smell, not much resin at this stage but there's Panama in her so I expect her to start shining soon. Also a very tropical feel, in these hot days they're the perfect plants for the conditions.

ThaiPan
picture.php

Preparing for a bud explosion soon :)

Cheers

Koondense

Veteran
Another shot of ThaiPan, she's a real beauty.

picture.php

The clones pushed the first roots yesterday, I'll see how she develops to decide if I'll keep her or not. She's on the slow side of flowering, probably will need 14-15 weeks while my comfortable limit is around 13 weeks. We'll see.
The smell is subtle citrusy and floral with some spice and mint freshness.

Cheers

Dr.Young

K+ vibes
Veteran
Hype for this one.... The quest is looking awesome.... Eager to hear bout some of these... I can only collect beans for now, until I find new growspot...
For now I can vicariously grow sativa through you tho lol.... Good taste mon

Latest posts

Latest posts