What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Zamaldelica

Eltitoguay

Today: Final transplant from the initial small pot, to the final hole in the ground (with amended/fertilized soil):

View attachment 18839580

View attachment 18839581

View attachment 18839582

View attachment 18839583

View attachment 18839584

View attachment 18839585

Today:
(the whitish color is from diatomaceous earth)
IMG_20230514_122453.jpg
IMG_20230514_122533.jpg
IMG_20230514_122558.jpg

Eltitoguay

Nice work,.....I would put something around her, so she doesn't get eaten by animals or rodents...
Thanx for your great advice:
For harmful arthropods I use neem powder and diatomaceous earth... For harmful mammals, I have the best German technology, developed in the extinct D.D.R., for the control of mammalian pests: it's like a trap against vermin, but proactive: capable of move around the crop, guided by sensitive sensors, to intercept the harmful animal in its approach to the plant from any angle...

-"Animals!?" Who said "animals"!? Where? With 4 or 2 legs?...
IMG_20230514_120322.jpg
IMG_20230514_120323.jpg
IMG_20230514_120324.jpg
IMG_20230514_120254.jpg
IMG_20230514_120326.jpg
IMG_20230514_120327.jpg

-"...Naahh...:False alarm; I'm going back inside, the sun is already beating...
IMG_20230514_120317.jpg

Last edited:

dubi

ACE Seeds Breeder
Vendor
Veteran
The 2 Zamal A x Zamaldelica F2 females you have posted looked really sexy looking in early flowering @Mountainkush How did the females finish ? Sorry to hear the lonely male decided to show some hairs at the end 😒

Last edited:

dubi

ACE Seeds Breeder
Vendor
Veteran
My Zamaldelica from seed, day 24. It´s from the very first release when they were given out as freebies. This one shows a lot of vigor and branches out to a big bush yet it´s a rather squat plant for such a wild Sativa. The Haze x Kali China who is next to her is almost double her height! She started showing sex even in early veg, so looks semi autoflowering to me. She has a sweet carrot smell already. I knocked her up with some pollen of Mango Hashplant from Bodhi Seeds. It´s Colombian Mangobiche x 88G13 Hashplant. The father was also very vigorous and bushy with a sweet Mango smell from the stem rub. Looking forward to grow the offspring next season! I also took clones and put one of the rooted clones directly in flower, so there will be one sinsemilla plant in the other tent...
View attachment 18813440

Peace

Happy to see growers still poping seeds from the Zamaldelica very first release @AceHaze :) you make me feel nostalgic ehehhehe glad you got a sweet carrot smelling pheno, that's usually a good sign. She looked pretty reaching mid flowering ... how did she finish ? Do you like her qualities ?

dubi

ACE Seeds Breeder
Vendor
Veteran

Mountainkush

The 2 Zamal A x Zamaldelica F2 females you have posted looked really sexy looking in early flowering @Mountainkush How did the females finish ? Sorry to hear the lonely male decided to show some hairs at the end 😒
Hey Dubi
Sorry for the delay.
I had a few problems with the way I was growing them. I think I’m done with coco now and decided to go with organic living soil for my next grow. I’ll try to update that at some point as I’m growing some more stuff I got for you.
Anyways, I managed to completely fry one of them and no matter what I did it never helped. Made me sad because it’s one of the best smelling plants I’ve ever grown. It has an amazing fruity smell to it. I kept a clone so I’ll try again soon.
Still a decent smoke for how bad it was grown.
D7A3E5E9-FAC5-4ADC-90CA-5977FFC938DE.jpeg
A66B1F4C-5950-4597-AA6B-A44C3D2073F9.jpeg

The second one made out better besides some burnt tips. This one smells a bit woody and herbal. Almost reminds me of the Thai chi plant I had for a bit. I know they’re different thais but I’m getting a very similar scent. Excited to try some!
59AC30DE-5884-4770-8DCC-04E7767B1B5F.jpeg
8DEFB878-554C-4FF1-8FFD-AB177A0607DC.jpeg
BE38F9A5-FE71-4318-BA86-B995D9347A64.jpeg

OZZ_

Veteran
Hey Dubi
Sorry for the delay.
I had a few problems with the way I was growing them. I think I’m done with coco now and decided to go with organic living soil for my next grow. I’ll try to update that at some point as I’m growing some more stuff I got for you.
Anyways, I managed to completely fry one of them and no matter what I did it never helped. Made me sad because it’s one of the best smelling plants I’ve ever grown. It has an amazing fruity smell to it. I kept a clone so I’ll try again soon.
View attachment 18843737 View attachment 18843736

The second one made out better besides some burnt tips. This one smells a bit woody and herbal. Almost reminds me of the Thai chi plant I had for a bit. I know they’re different thais but I’m getting a very similar scent. Excited to try some!
View attachment 18843739 View attachment 18843740 View attachment 18843738

Hey MK glad to see you around man hope all is well. Very nice colas on that second one for sure!

:dance013: :dance013: :cool:

Last edited:

OZZ_

Veteran
Hey OZZ,
Thanks, I’ve been doing good just busy and forgetful. Really need to take a minute and check out how yours turned out. This one here you just posted looks awesome.

Glad to hear all is well! The GT-Thai one is still in the tent with maybe another week on it or two.

The elite phenos are getting cured, and sampled …. Really really loving the smoke off them but am still in the middle of tearing. We are going to a greatfull dead concert tonight and I’ll be taking doobies of all three elite phenos 🤘🤘🤘

dubi

ACE Seeds Breeder
Vendor
Veteran
Hey Dubi
Sorry for the delay.
View attachment 18843737 View attachment 18843736

View attachment 18843739 View attachment 18843740 View attachment 18843738

Hi @Mountainkush thanks for chime in friend. The first one finished in not very good health conditions, but glad she produced such interesting fruity sativa flowers :) Hopefully next time you can harvest at her best from clone. The second one looks indeed more woody herbal, typically African. I have the feeling the effect on this second one will be very up, cerebral and energetic.

Most Thais definitely have woody herbal type of terp profiles, although most Thais have a lime-lemon component (usually not found in Africans). The most refined Thais, one level higher for terpene quality are musky, floral and juicy fruit.

dubi

ACE Seeds Breeder
Vendor
Veteran
Amazing the long flowering plant from the elite lot with Golden Tiger shape and yield :dance013: @OZZ_ Now she is ripening she is showing the typical pistils of Zamaldelica elite. How are the terps at this point, very fruity like Z elite types or more GT like (Malawi/Thai) ?

OZZ_

Veteran
Amazing the long flowering plant from the elite lot with Golden Tiger shape and yield :dance013: @OZZ_ Now she is ripening she is showing the typical pistils of Zamaldelica elite. How are the terps at this point, very fruity like Z elite types or more GT like (Malawi/Thai) ?

Well, I can say this…. I wish you could smell her so you could tell me! 🤣🤣🤣

Her terps have definitely evolved but seemed to have come full circle and are similar to how they were in early flowering, yet a bit different.

I’m not quite sure what I am getting off her exactly, so in this case I think it’s easier to say what it is not rather than what it is. It is not the tropical fruit that I was getting off of the elite phenos, and I’m not sure I’m even getting much floral at this point although I’m sure it’s in there to some extent. It’s also definitely not woody either though.

It is a bright fresh scent and after reading your descriptions above and thinking on it, it very well may be citrus in there, but I’m still also getting the ammonia / cat piss. Early on I was calling it carrot - cat piss. That carrot scent has changed and is brighter and sharper now. No sweetness anymore. Could be citrus …but it’s not a dead on lemon scent like with panama either, so I’m not exactly sure …. Maybe lime … that’s the best I can do.

My guess is its terps are influenced by the Thai. I’ve never grown out GT yet so cannot say there.

Unfortunately Im sorry to say I messed up the finish on her, really bummed about it too! 🤦‍♂️

I had her flushing for about a week and she was ripening slowly but in a proper fashion from the bottom up and trichome production was noticeably increasing. Everything seemed on track except that she was ripening VERY slowly. As mentioned previously she was looking like she needed another week or two even …. maybe going all the way out to 15 weeks. So I thought I’d give her a very small feeding to help her along since she was already fading a little early on me. If not, she would be without food for three weeks…. I’m in coco so three weeks with no food is way too long imo. So I gave her a very light feeding of 1.0 EC at around a 2-4-10 N-P-K.

She didn’t respond well to this feeding at all, and it freaked her out. She’s pushing new pistils everywhere but it doesn’t look like a normal-healthy reflowering either… and instead it looks like a stress response as she’s foxtailing and pushing little leaflets off the foxtails whereas before she was steadily ripening her colas in a proper manner from the bottom up.

I switched back to RO immediately and normally I would simply just keep an eye on her and resume flushing … but I’m leaving out of town tonight for four days and I don’t feel comfortable leaving her unsupervised in this stressed state so I chose to go ahead and chop her.

Lessons are being learned over here! 🤣🤣

🤦‍♂️

Growing these guys seems straightforward enough with reduced ECs and photoperiods if need be, no biggie there….. but figuring out when to start flush on these long flowering phenos on the first time you run them is tough! I did the same thing recently on a Doors x Ohaze plant that wanted to go 15 weeks. By 12 weeks it looked like it had maybe a week to ten days left …. Or so I thought…. So I start flushing and then they just take their sweet ass time ripening …. I’m clearly underestimating their ripening times so on the next few grows I’ll be mindful of this and keep feeding for a week or so longer … and maybe simply reduce EC a bit more.

The good news is though …. I’ll always know when to start flushing on the second run with them, it’s just hard calling it on the first time with a new long flowering plant…. Or at least that seems to be where I’m dropping the ball anyway, figuring out when to start flush. 👍

Anyway here she is.,.. you can see some colas look close to ready…. While others have a ton of fresh new pistils and a few are foxtailing with new little leaflets popping everywhere. Hoping the smoke still turns out good, I’m sure it will be while knowing that it wasn’t brought into the finish line perfectly.

I’m cutting a clone off of the mother asap and getting it rooted and ready for round two 🤘🤘🤘

IMG_8391.jpeg

IMG_8392.jpeg

IMG_8393.jpeg

IMG_8395.jpeg

IMG_8397.jpeg

IMG_8396.jpeg

Last edited:

OZZ_

Veteran
Well …. The Zamaldelica GT/Thai pheno came out of the dry tent looking very nice except for some bud rot on a few (but not all) of the biggest colas 🤦‍♂️🤦‍♂️

I still got plenty of smoke, her yields are absolutely outrageous.

I’m bummed I botched her up so badly because she’s a beautiful-badass plant. I am taking clones off the mother today and am going to immediately turn around and run her again with the following changes:

1) More airflow

2) less humidity in the room during late bloom

3) Less overall EC throughout the grow lowering my max EC from 1.8 to 1.6

4) I’ll feed at this medium strength EC of 1.6 continuously through to week 10 then drop to 1.4 EC and also reduce the amount of nitrogen in the feed at this point. I’ll continue feeding this reduced strength/reduced nitrogen feed out to week 13 and then give a single week of flush taking her at 14 weeks from clone

I’m determined to get this one right she’s such a badass plant. Early vape tests last night were everything that I loved about the elite phenos only much more energetic.

We returned from a trip late Monday night at around 3am… I had to get up for work at 5:30am and worked a ten hour day, came home vaped an early sample off of her and ended up trimming her all up, cooking dinner, working in the garden and cleaned the house without fatigue hardly at all. Very energizing stuff the potential is real on this one…. Possibly more energizing than chatty Kathy even.

During trim I was getting some elite-type scent profiles too. The floral is back, ammonia has stayed, but I am now getting slight fruity whiffs in the background similar to the elite phenos but it’s not in the foreground and the fruit sits behind the main floral-ammonia scent profile. Overall a very pleasing-complex scent profile that is adequately loud for such genetics.

Im sure with these changes she’ll do well in the next grow, but if after this next run if she still misbehaves then I’ll have to consider culling her and move on, popping the Zamaldelica Zamal/Thai seeds from the breeders pack to see if I can find another pheno like her that likes my environment better. I’m hoping that’s not the case I like this gal the best out of the whole run even with the issues … which Im confident I can eliminate by making the above changes on the next grow of her from clone.

IMG_8423.jpeg

IMG_8424.jpeg

IMG_8425.jpeg

IMG_8431.jpeg

IMG_8432.jpeg

IMG_8442.jpeg

IMG_8446.jpeg

Last edited: