What's new

Zamaldelica

S

smallgardener

40days flower and stopping growing, super structure and very slow also :D Im thinking about some repot (shes in 10l) and after three weeks 11/13 regime.
picture.php

picture.php

dubi

ACE Seeds Breeder
Vendor
Veteran
its fem. version.. i think that this one is slow sure :) but nevermind ! ...30 days flowering
hehe maybe its so slow of bit overfertilizing i can guess :D
View Image

Hi smallgardener :)

Thanks for the correction, i missed that detail! It looked a bit like the zamadelica standard with a bit of malawi... her growing structure is not very 'zamalish'.

mmmback

Zamaldelicas has in my experience a 30% rate of hermaphrodite plants. Sometimes is a male with frequent female flowers, or the opposite, flowers first a a female and later start having female flowers. A pain!

S

smallgardener

its my first extreme sativa in that case after five years, ive had one interesting 17week NLHaze pheno but it was similar with much fails but second half of flowering was the most interested bud Ive grown maybe ...but its just easy , more water, less ec... i have also worhumus there , and also very airy with half cocos, and shes sometimes bit thirsty , so shes the one that i teach experiences :)
I have second Z seed (5times nipped and supercropped after two months from start growing :D ) and two cuts from that one Ive posted (its not so tall open-aired structure), with two panama and two destroyers just started to make third internode so this time i will use worm/guano with no other ferts if dont need , and more attention , and it will be better. just fems, the most motivated and clear one and another psychedelic one i want to keep :)

ThaiBliss

Veteran
Hermaphrodites

Hermaphrodites

aw fuck
was there much nanners or just few?

I hate seeing male flowers popping out of my beautiful resinous buds. However, many, if not most, of the very best weed strains that I ever smoked were hermaphrodites. All else being equal, I would certainly choose for breeding the plant without any male flowers in the buds. I would not pass up for smoking, buds with seeds in them. Just remove the seeds before smoking. Then again, I grow for my own smoke. I don't provide weed for other people. I know it pisses other people off to no end to see seeds in their buds.

When I think back at some of the strains I killed voluntarily, some because one of the strikes against them being that they were hermaphroditic, my heart aches because I am not holding any strains at the moment as wonderful as those strains were. It is very concerning to me that coming across strains with highs that are extremely high quality is quickly becoming more and more rare. I have been growing and smoking for about 45 years.

Save your best strains in seed form! Resist the urge to always outcross!

:biggrin:

ThaiBliss

Painfull

Yea, I hear you about the seeds. I just finished some Flo. They were very old seeds and I had some problems starting up but the finished product was very seeded. Those old feminized seeds back then was known for hermies. They are so much better today. I remember back in the 60-70ties all the good sativas were seeded. I wish I saved some of the seeds from my old Columbian gold I had, it was killer. We used to roll in the car back then and seeds would roll in the back of my Cadillac seats. I had so many that when I had my car cleaned and vacuumed the guy called his co-worker over to show him the piles of seeds behind the seats...lol..

Good luck with that nice strain.
Pain:bigeye:

Last edited:

simsim

very nice plant :) Touchy on N, heat stress, water.
Had her topped, LSTed.
Growing in 5gal pot under 150W HPS shared with another plant, managed to maintain her under 18" although was real stretchy. Switched to 12/12 almost from sprout.
pics are taken on day 104 into flower. Planning to keep her for 1-2 more weeks since there still lots of newly developing calyxes.
4mXchga.jpg

tRi9f7w.jpg

YmDRJnx.jpg

calyxes are very small and tightly packed. I am far from being experienced grower and these are hardly somewhat outstanding results, I just wanted to show that it's possible to grow Zamaldelica even when you have like 2" vertical space.

RandyCalifornia

Well endowed member
Veteran
Wow Simsim, very nice for being grown under only 150wHPS!
if you are far from being experienced, you are certainly on the right track.

wingdings

Veteran
Nice work simsim, these seem to flower faster under more intense lighting. Im running a clone that finished in 13 weeks before, and is taking longer in a less light intense position in my room.

simsim

Thanks guys for the kind words :) this was my 3rd actual grow, but had some experienced eye watching for me in my grow journal, denying all the hypes and tipping me how to grow them properly. Was using biobizz biogrow, a tad of biobloom, aptus camg-boost, liquid seaweed and potasium silicate. Not too happy with biobizz, feels like something's missing in there, but until I will use it all, I don't want to buy different ferts. Like dynagro folliage pro+mag pro.
They are fem seeds. Because of the limited space I cannot add bigger light due to temps and height, anyway, even if it takes longer to finish, I do not mind. Heard a lot of very nice things about zamal and I am very eager to try that out for myself :)

Did not know that plant matures slower under less intensive light, will keep that in mind :) I went to holidays for two weeks and a person who was looking after my girls did not looked that good as I expected she will. That's why leaves in pics are cupped downward with some yellowing.. Anyway, could have been way worse :)

yoss33

Veteran
I would say that the belief in exact flowering-time figures is one of the most popular misunderstandings on the forums. People say that strain X flowers in Y weeks without any mention of the conditions (and most importantly the light) under which X was ready for Y weeks. Y becomes a fixed propery of X. And so, various completely pointless comparisons emerge, like, Joe harvested strain X after 22 weeks and John harvested strain Y after 15 weeks. So, concludes the audience, strain X must be way more sativa than Y. But they could just as well be almost the same, the difference coming from the conditions.
When we have good sunny September, like with only 2-3 cloudy days, the strains listed as flowering for 13 weeks make very good resin for only a month (4 weeks) under the sun. I've never seen artificial lights so strong as to make the sativas mature so quickly. I can't imagine that something would flower 20 sunny weeks with 10 hours of direct sunlight per day.

mukuku

if you need some hallucinations, take ayahuasca or acid/shrooms. you will be satisfied with their games :D

Cannabis oil can take you as far as entheogens cited above. just a matter of dosage. I Experienced astral flight and loss of all markers eyes open with six drops of oil in a spliff...:tiphat:

wingdings

Veteran
Sativa concentrates can take you to another level indeed.
Heres a little critter on my outdoor Zdelica leaf. She wont finish outside here but I will bring her inside for the final weeks.

picture.php

dubi

ACE Seeds Breeder
Vendor
Veteran
Welcome mmmback,

pure Zamal line had hermie tendencies, the malawi and thai line also had slight hermie tendencies like most tropical sativas, but the zamal, malawi and thai parental plants used to breed Zamaldelica have never shown hermie tendencies under the correct growing conditions. Did your plants suffer strong environmental stress indoors ?

Latest posts

Latest posts