What's new

Zamaldelica

Passenger101

Sativa Prices

Sativa Prices

a question ...150 1/2 etc - what do they charge for a good indica or hybrid ..similar price??? can't see how a shop can charge similar $$ for a sativa if the grow is double the time ... we grew out some golden tiger, picked at various times 100/120 n 150days, n it could have gone even longer...

The shop where the Zamaldelica was selling has only three price levels. And they tend to have nothing to do with the length of flowering. There really is no rhyme or reason to how they price. I’d happily pay more for some long flowering sativas.

$7 a gram $200 ounce
$12 a gr. $290oz.
$16 a gr. $375oz.

You will be lucky if they have one 100% sativa.

Peace,
:sasmokin:
Roy

D

DNM1

Her feeding when in 18ltr was problematic.She was growing, but,wasn't taking in nutrients or water.Problem was soil
Re pot in 26ltr shaking off 'bad" soil, replaced with BioBizz Light Mix
:)
Her first full feed for over 2 weeks
:)

Attachments

• IMG_5087.jpg
    IMG_5087.jpg
    80.1 KB · Views: 16
  • IMG_5088.jpg
    IMG_5088.jpg
    81.8 KB · Views: 20

Dropped Cat

Six Gummi Bears and Some Scotch
Veteran
Fun zamaldelica experiment cross: Guava Jelly CBD (clone from DHN, apparently a 2:1 ratio Afghani) crossed with a zamaldelica dad during the open pollination. It just showed sex (female) and has been tied down as a spiral, only 4" off the surface of the soil.
View Image

Excellent method for a plant like Zamaldelica and her crosses, spiral LST.

Here's my take, from 2015, Zamaldelica, long ago:

picture.php

Flowered in a 16oz cup.

Such a nice plant, need to run this again soon.

Dropped Cat

Six Gummi Bears and Some Scotch
Veteran
That tie-down is expertly done. For me, the process of tying down a plant makes me nervous about breaking stems, yet when it does work, one can wind up with a plant that resembles a trained grape vine, and which produces far more colas than are typically harvested from the standard Xmas tree shape.

LST is best done before watering to work the stems without
the turgidity.

Excellent thread.

MIGreenman

Greetings, and new year's best wishes from MI! This is my first entry after reading hundreds of pages of (ACE) posts here in the last few months. I have dumped my OG's and committed to spending my winter searching for new strains from ACE. By way of introduction, I have a 5 light sealed basement flowering room with c02 fed by injecting a 2-part a/b base nutrient with spaghetti lines to each pot. Freshly clean for the new year.

picture.php

picture.php

Here are the mothers and the Zam's in particular. Everything got potted up from solo cups yesterday and I am waiting for the lowers to get big enough to clone. 21 of the 25 plants here are from ACE. (3) Super Malawi Haze, (on the far left) (5) Guawi, (4) Panama/Malawi, a lone Panama reg, and (8) Zamaldelica. There are also a few freebies from the vendor, 2 BB and 2 NL.

picture.php

picture.php

picture.php

Not a lot of questions yet, just wanted to share the Zam part of my selections. I have 8 new mothers from Zamaldelica fem seed dated Oct 2019 and June 2019. I am confident I will find a few keepers. Long flowering sats are the only thing I have not grown and I am bored silly with the usual cake/glue/cookie/sherbert blah blah. So cheers to you new friends!

Koondense

Veteran
Stellar first post Greenman!

Welcome to the sativa side, wishing you all the best with the Zamaldicas.

A word of warning, nld or sativa plants tend to be very addictive, speaking from experience :)

Cheers

repuk

Altruistic Hazeist
Veteran
Wow MI, awesome setup! :tiphat:

Curious about the 2 part base nutrient! Can you elaborate?!?

F2F

Fem vs reg, old vs new?

Fem vs reg, old vs new?

Hi folks,

After reading up here, and on Ace’s site, I am a bit familiar with the evolution and current offerings of Golden Tiger. For Zamaldelica Not so much.

Can anyone give us on the fringe a quick run down of the past and present variations (old killer, new killer, Zamal influence, etc)? Also, which offerings have or had the most terrorific phenos?

Thanks in advance!
F2F

Breadwizard

The terrorific phenos came from the first reg seed release (which was zamal x golden tiger), the scary phenos were the Thai/Zamal ones.

The early fem releases were the zamaldelica elite mother crossed with the killer Malawi (new I think), so contains much less Thai influence.

I'm not sure the makeup of the current reg release, is it zam elite x golden tiger? I think I remember reading that...

LostTribe

Premium user
I'm back!

Back to Zamland that is! All out of this one except maybe a joint. So rather than pop the remaining half a pack of regs I got around 2016 I am going to pop a few of my f2's. The mom was a bright red haired earthy carrot smelling plant with that racy super potent high. The dad was untested from the same seed lot. I recall both plants growth to be similar.

Just put a few in. Also a couple MNS Neville's Haze which I've never run.
LT

MIGreenman

Wow MI, awesome setup! :tiphat:

Curious about the 2 part base nutrient! Can you elaborate?!?

I'll try to keep it short, which is against my nerdy nature.

I have been experimenting with powdered nutrients for the last year with great success, after feeding plants for several years with Blumats and small reservoirs. My new space is very tight and I did not have room for elevated reservoirs everywhere, so I looked at automation with pumps and timers. With five 4 by 4 foot flowering areas, I can fit anywhere from 25 to more than 40 plants, so automation was looking very good, indeed.

I discovered a cost effective (compared to Dositron) nutrient "injector" called Chemilizer. (about $200 USD) I bought 2. It is primarily used in the livestock industry to inject chemicals, etc. but works perfectly with any liquid without clogging.

picture.php

The pickup hose under each is dropped into a gallon jug of nutrient concentrate. I have a Floraflex 2 part powdered base nutrient that I mix myself at 100/1, so 1 gallon of concentrate will make 100 gallons of nutrient. My whole garden when full pulls a max of about 20 gallons a day so that works out to about 5 days without changing solution. I have a timer that allows multiple short waterings per day. (I'm in coco) I adjust my plain water reservoir (the trash can) to PH 6 each morning before the first watering of the day. After injection I get a PH of 5.8 at the plant and an EC of about 1.6.
The plain water res has a 1/6 HP sump pump that feeds the injectors and garden. I use (6) 8-port Floraflex manifolds to distribute nutrients.

I have tried to select strains that all call for moderate to high levels of nutrients so I can get away with similar nutrient strength. My base nutrient part 2 has most of the P/K, so I can adjust the variable pump on the second nutrient injector (part 2) to increase the PK at peak flowering, then dial it back at the end. Thats the plan, anyways.

As you can tell this is more than a hobby garden, so dumping all my mothers (but one) was a calculated chance I had to take. I have the room now, so the search is on.

Also- I have enjoyed your many posts, Repuk- nice to see you!

LostTribe

Premium user
Pics of the mom at 45 and 55 days respectively guess the finish pics are no longer posted.

picture.php

picture.php

This one definitely tasted and had better effects than the one I ran last fall.

OlDirtyHuman

Popped a couple seeds and got two very different looking Z's going.
Been a little while since I grew one of these. In the top 3 Ace strains for me for sure.

picture.php
picture.php
picture.php

MIGreenman

Stellar first post Greenman!

Welcome to the sativa side, wishing you all the best with the Zamaldicas.

A word of warning, nld or sativa plants tend to be very addictive, speaking from experience :)

Cheers

Thanks- great to see you! I grew a Strawberry cough for several years that was my favorite- upbeat, warm and social. I am hoping I will find a good everyday smoke between the Panamal and Guawi, with the search for stronger expressions between the Super Malawi and Zams.

My highest hopes are pinned on the Zams! They are all quite broad leafed, with one being thinner-leaved than the rest. Looking forward to the weeks ahead.

D

DNM1

Zamaldelica

Nice :)

Attachments

• IMG_5829.jpg
    IMG_5829.jpg
    84.4 KB · Views: 21
  • IMG_5842.jpg
    IMG_5842.jpg
    86.5 KB · Views: 16

LostTribe

Premium user
Anyone know if the super skinny leaves point to either specific Thai parent from the regular release around '16?

Maybe I will pm the Dub Master....