What's new

Zamaldelica

sweet-emotion

Veteran
There is 0% Indica in Zamaldelica. Some have wider leaves and a more compact structure than “expected” for a Sativa but she’s definitely 100% pure sativa as stated by her breeder...
Looks good though! You’re gonna like it I bet

Yes I know there's 0% Indica in Zamaldelica. I've already grown it a couple of times and it is great. I meant "the one that looks more like an Indica strain" because of its wider leaves.

:tiphat:

YukonKronic

Yes I know there's 0% Indica in Zamaldelica. I've already grown it a couple of times and it is great. I meant "the one that looks more like an Indica strain" because of its wider leaves.

Lol my bad..a while back there was one or two people kinda insinuating that ACE was bending truth on their Malawi being pure sativa because it had wider leaves sometimes.
I probably should have looked at who you were and what you’ve done before assuming you were still new to trait identification....

YukonKronic

I find it a little difficult to be confident in phenotype expressions without flowers and aromas to go by but asymmetric branching is something I definitely associate with Zamal in veg. The stance of your plants and leaf shape indicates to me that the first one is a little more Thai dominant than the last whose less even branching makes me think Zamal/Thai rather than Thai/Zamal.

The Thai phenotypes often have acrid, citric (in an herbal lemongrass way) or even some leathery musky aromas on stem rubs sometimes spicy like ginger or chilies.
Zamal I tend to associate with really fruity flowery melony and sweet smells often with carrot notes (think sweet young carrots) or a kind of piney mango/pineapple thing.
The Malawi dom phenotypes I’ve had were a bit less sweet and more of a woody, earthy carrot note with more of the usual “weed stank” we all know and love..
I’ve actually grown more of my Zam x Guatemalan cross than straight Zam at this point though and although I’m all right at describing some of the traits I’ve seen Dubi is definitely going to be better able to ID what you have there..

Hope I helped a little!

Edit: I keep thinking of it as Thai Zamal or Malawi leaning but truthfully it should be wether it’s GT(thai pheno, but which one? Aren’t there 2 thais in GT? Is that just the fem? I’m forgetting shit now. Damn.) or GT(Malawi pheno) or Zamal leaning.

The confusion arises from the nature of poly hybrid breeding throwing so many variable traits. I’ve been finding that even amongst “same” phenotypes in my gene pool there are ALWAYS slight variations in the balance of influences from various parents. I think because each parent has its very distinct characteristics even a small change in that balance can really change effect based on physiology mood etc...
Doesn’t help that I added Guatemalan further shifting the potential for more variation.
Anyways, it’s becoming apparent to me that identifying “that” pheno from “that” one is really more nuanced than basing it all on looks etc..When you smoke it you’ll know.
Food for thought I guess.

sweet-emotion

Veteran
Lol my bad..a while back there was one or two people kinda insinuating that ACE was bending truth on their Malawi being pure sativa because it had wider leaves sometimes.
I probably should have looked at who you were and what you’ve done before assuming you were still new to trait identification....

Oh, no problem man!

Yes, it could be a Malawi leaning pheno the one that got wider leaves. They're very vigorous and productive.

sweet-emotion

Veteran
I find it a little difficult to be confident in phenotype expressions without flowers and aromas to go by but asymmetric branching is something I definitely associate with Zamal in veg. The stance of your plants and leaf shape indicates to me that the first one is a little more Thai dominant than the last whose less even branching makes me think Zamal/Thai rather than Thai/Zamal.

The Thai phenotypes often have acrid, citric (in an herbal lemongrass way) or even some leathery musky aromas on stem rubs sometimes spicy like ginger or chilies.
Zamal I tend to associate with really fruity flowery melony and sweet smells often with carrot notes (think sweet young carrots) or a kind of piney mango/pineapple thing.
The Malawi dom phenotypes I’ve had were a bit less sweet and more of a woody, earthy carrot note with more of the usual “weed stank” we all know and love..
I’ve actually grown more of my Zam x Guatemalan cross than straight Zam at this point though and although I’m all right at describing some of the traits I’ve seen Dubi is definitely going to be better able to ID what you have there..

Hope I helped a little!

Edit: I keep thinking of it as Thai Zamal or Malawi leaning but truthfully it should be wether it’s GT(thai pheno, but which one? Aren’t there 2 thais in GT? Is that just the fem? I’m forgetting shit now. Damn.) or GT(Malawi pheno) or Zamal leaning.

The confusion arises from the nature of poly hybrid breeding throwing so many variable traits. I’ve been finding that even amongst “same” phenotypes in my gene pool there are ALWAYS slight variations in the balance of influences from various parents. I think because each parent has its very distinct characteristics even a small change in that balance can really change effect based on physiology mood etc...
Doesn’t help that I added Guatemalan further shifting the potential for more variation.
Anyways, it’s becoming apparent to me that identifying “that” pheno from “that” one is really more nuanced than basing it all on looks etc..When you smoke it you’ll know.
Food for thought I guess.

Now that you mention it, the 2 plants fron reg seeds got that acrid, kind of spicy lemony arona when I rub their stems or branches.

The one from a s1 seed is more fruity in that mango/flowery fashion. Both the plant that made that seed and another I had were very similar in that.

In the aroma department these 2 regs are different, from all the others I've grown. Structure wise they all look more or less identical. Still haven't found onebwith irregular or weird branching, although I did get a couple of hermies.

In matter of days we'll find out more, as it looks like they are about to start flowering.

YukonKronic

Now that you mention it, the 2 plants fron reg seeds got that acrid, kind of spicy lemony arona when I rub their stems or branches.

The one from a s1 seed is more fruity in that mango/flowery fashion. Both the plant that made that seed and another I had were very similar in that.

In the aroma department these 2 regs are different, from all the others I've grown. Structure wise they all look more or less identical. Still haven't found onebwith irregular or weird branching, although I did get a couple of hermies.

In matter of days we'll find out more, as it looks like they are about to start flowering.

Cool. Iirc the regs have more Thai influence whereas the fems ought to show more of the floral mango elite aromas.. lol yay! I really am maybe starting to learn a bit:dance013:
Thought I saw some weird branching in the one pic (asymmetric) but it could just have been the angle.. lol unfortunate about the herms.. they happen sometimes especially if they get rhizosphere issues (strong or imbalanced nutrients or cold) I found that I needed my plants to start a very light fade at like week 8-9 (I think they use up free N in soil and begin “trading” with CEC after this point) and then start cutting lights back to 11 hrs. Also dropping temps the last 2-3 weeks (but not with large day/night variations... that also caused herms) helped to avoid hermaphroditism in late stages of flower.
Again that’s my own line and I did breed with a herm (it was such a great plant, really looked a lot like Garret’s... I HAD to try and use it..) so probably there’s less potential for problems in ACEs pure Zamaldelica offerings.

GET MO

Registered Med User
Veteran
One of the last shots before chop, christmas tree pheno...

picture.php

thedudefresco

Hi guys I am growing zamaldelica outside with supplemental lighting to keep her in veg. She's about 5 months old.

The cold nights (no frost) are really making her unhappy. Yellow dying leaves etc.

Other plants are fine, but are known to be cold tolerant.

Does Zamaldelica hate cold? Will she make it or should I put her inside?

As long as she survives im cool. leaves are small and yellow and crisping.

YukonKronic

Hi guys I am growing zamaldelica outside with supplemental lighting to keep her in veg. She's about 5 months old.

The cold nights (no frost) are really making her unhappy. Yellow dying leaves etc.

Other plants are fine, but are known to be cold tolerant.

Does Zamaldelica hate cold? Will she make it or should I put her inside?

As long as she survives im cool. leaves are small and yellow and crisping.

She in the ground or a pot? She doesn’t like cold... definitely not cold roots. Zam hybrids survived a freeze in my setup once.. pure Zam did not.
Pics could help determine if it’s environmental or nutritional.. 5 months is a long veg! They can do 3-4x stretch upon initiating flower...
Lol I hope we get to see this beast if she makes it!

thedudefresco

She in the ground or a pot? She doesn’t like cold... definitely not cold roots. Zam hybrids survived a freeze in my setup once.. pure Zam did not.
Pics could help determine if it’s environmental or nutritional.. 5 months is a long veg! They can do 3-4x stretch upon initiating flower...
Lol I hope we get to see this beast if she makes it!

bro she will make it its definitely cold. Check my other threads
to see my monster landraces atm.

A

AfricanMagic

@Get Mo, your plants look very awesome. Very well done.
Plz let us know how the effect is like.

YukonKronic

Get Mo's killing it.
Get Mo's killing it.

So nice it NEEDED posting twice. :dance013:

AND a quote. I think he grew probably the best I’ve seen outside... the phenotypes the health the time to finish.. all just awesome.

Lol Daaamn I wish we could all have a sesh together sometimes guys!!!

GET MO

Registered Med User
Veteran
Get Mo's killing it.
Get Mo's killing it.

So nice it NEEDED posting twice. :dance013:

Lol! I think it was a glitch cuz ic dont let u post twice like that, i only posted it once like it just recorded 2 posts or sumfa.
Glad yall diggin um tho, cant wait to smoke some...

ronsilvergold

Malawi Cure meets NYC cure... hello

Malawi Cure meets NYC cure... hello

Ah I think I'm in love ha ha what that doesn't do for you is not worth having, stupendous pic brother.
Dear Mr Tangwena... if I may ask, I would love to exchange notes with you. I have a similar process, and it would be, I believe, mutually enjoyable to discuss them. Would you be open to that? If so, perhaps we could exchange emails?? my email is ron@bubbys.com. Nice work, by the way. Super cool.