What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Zamaldelica x Kali China feminized

'Boogieman'

Subbed, has anyone found a pheno with no ceiling to the high? That part of the description really caught my eye.

Milson

I have one of these ladies going now. She is only 12 days in but she already looks very healthy. I have a Kali China going next to her....will be interesting to see the differences between the two!

Nothing much to show yet, but gosh I am just so excited I had to jump in now. I will post updates once she gets to a more interesting state. 12 days in and already working on her first five finger leaves though! Already looking beautiful both of them.

deepwaterdude

Hey, fellas, wanted to report on my last Zamaldelica x Kali China, Zeke, finished July 20 indoors.

She was run under LEDs alongside some potent hybrids like Purple Trainwreck and Romulan that came out super hard to beat with their respective appeals. Zeke is found somewhere earlier in this thread in veg or early flo, and ended up being a very prolific flowerer of nice, dark sativa spears, purpling at the end. One of the best yielders in the tent. The surprise with her is not so much in her effect, as I know the strain pretty well and love it, but in the terps she retained, and their power.
So the Romulan is very strong in smell, when smoked, when in a rolled J, when in a bag in your car, etc, and also in effect, which is rather a high quality satty effect, without Afghan stickiness, a really good, if not phenomenal, smoke. Plus incredible bag appeal.
What surprised me, was that Zeke was just as strong as the Rom, with maybe some more interesting layers and even more obvious stone, if that's possible. I also thought she may be strawberry, but turned out mango, and strong mango. So great smell in the jar, very nice sativa spear buds, easily manicured, very easily broken up for my spliffs.
This is all great blabla, but the kicker is when I burnt her and got incense. Now THAT was unexpected and cool. Haven't had it so in my face since my Panama Haze a few grows back. REALLY nice and I think the incense was a first in the 8 or 9 seed plants I've run of this strain.
Lovely stuff. I have one more outdoors with really nice, long buds and very dark green leaves, been flowering since June and just started to turn some hairs;)

TexasTea

Curious Cannivore
Veteran
What I love about this strain is the incredible terpines. Some individuals have had wonderful musky and floral aromas mixed with incense and citrus. Very complex smells that linger on your sticky fingers. As it fades over the next few minutes you keep catching little whiffs and it just puts a big shit eating grin on your face. Great weed! I have a little stash in the freezer and just put a new seed in dirt yesterday.

dubi

ACE Seeds Breeder
Vendor
Veteran
Hola Salva,

Really like how healthy your ZD x KC was in your last update after 7 weeks of flowering, looks like she was ready to produce well developed juicy flowers.
Guess she is already harvested. How was your result ? Did you like the finished product ?

7 semanas a 12/12

dubi

ACE Seeds Breeder
Vendor
Veteran
Thanks Lotto for sharing pics of your latest ZD x KC harvest! :yes:

A pleasure to know this genetics remain permanently in your grows and that you and your friends are enjoying so much with the outcome. Your feedback is much appreciated! :wave:

Group shot of 5 ZxKC. The 3 on the bottom are clones of the original, which I will refer to as Stubby. The one fading fast was on a mild kelp and water diet throughout. The other two on conventional organics. I've harvested 6-8 plants of these and am totally pleased. Quality, good production, ease of growth and smells are top notch.

The 2 on the top are new starts. One I'll call Tall and the other Short. The one on the left I'll assume leans more towards the Zam. side. It has a much more open habit and is leggy. Just into flower at about 5 weeks. The Short one more resembles the original Stubby, but with a bit more length. This one will have a home soon, in rich native soils, under the sun.

Clones of the original and the new starts will eventually fill the room with their aromas. Anxious to compare the three but don't expect any great differences.

Repuk, I see where you are on your last dab of smoke. I wish I could share. I have more than I need but can't seem to stop growing it. Been passing it out to friends who all say the same thing. Bam Wham thank you Zam.

dubi

ACE Seeds Breeder
Vendor
Veteran
Thanks brother for the sweet words ;) mouth watering description! The mix of fruity and incensey terpenes sounds just perfect for my taste.
Glad the strain keeps you excited with every new plant, really pleased to know this complex cross is consistently satisfying the growers with its numerous desirable traits.

Have a great start of autumn! :)

Hey, fellas, wanted to report on my last Zamaldelica x Kali China, Zeke, finished July 20 indoors.

She was run under LEDs alongside some potent hybrids like Purple Trainwreck and Romulan that came out super hard to beat with their respective appeals. Zeke is found somewhere earlier in this thread in veg or early flo, and ended up being a very prolific flowerer of nice, dark sativa spears, purpling at the end. One of the best yielders in the tent. The surprise with her is not so much in her effect, as I know the strain pretty well and love it, but in the terps she retained, and their power.
So the Romulan is very strong in smell, when smoked, when in a rolled J, when in a bag in your car, etc, and also in effect, which is rather a high quality satty effect, without Afghan stickiness, a really good, if not phenomenal, smoke. Plus incredible bag appeal.
What surprised me, was that Zeke was just as strong as the Rom, with maybe some more interesting layers and even more obvious stone, if that's possible. I also thought she may be strawberry, but turned out mango, and strong mango. So great smell in the jar, very nice sativa spear buds, easily manicured, very easily broken up for my spliffs.
This is all great blabla, but the kicker is when I burnt her and got incense. Now THAT was unexpected and cool. Haven't had it so in my face since my Panama Haze a few grows back. REALLY nice and I think the incense was a first in the 8 or 9 seed plants I've run of this strain.
Lovely stuff. I have one more outdoors with really nice, long buds and very dark green leaves, been flowering since June and just started to turn some hairs;)

dubi

ACE Seeds Breeder
Vendor
Veteran
Welcome Milson :)

Glad you are excited about your current Kali China and Zamaldelica x Kali China grow. The Zamaldelica cross is more potent and with more fruity candy terpenes, both strains are very suitable to grow together for having similar growth, size and flowering times. Please, keep us updated! Best wishes.

I have one of these ladies going now. She is only 12 days in but she already looks very healthy. I have a Kali China going next to her....will be interesting to see the differences between the two!

Nothing much to show yet, but gosh I am just so excited I had to jump in now. I will post updates once she gets to a more interesting state. 12 days in and already working on her first five finger leaves though! Already looking beautiful both of them.

dubi

ACE Seeds Breeder
Vendor
Veteran
Thanks TexasTea ;) That was one of main goals with this strain, a super complex terpene profile: fruity, candy, floral, musky, hashy/resin and incense with a very pleasant aftertaste, along with ease of growth, fast flowering, quality of the resins, high potency of lovely balanced effects. It's without any doubt one of our best and most complete sativa/indica hybrids. Best wishes with the new seed!

What I love about this strain is the incredible terpines. Some individuals have had wonderful musky and floral aromas mixed with incense and citrus. Very complex smells that linger on your sticky fingers. As it fades over the next few minutes you keep catching little whiffs and it just puts a big shit eating grin on your face. Great weed! I have a little stash in the freezer and just put a new seed in dirt yesterday.

Adiba

Hello everybody !

Long time lurker and reader of the Ace's topics and first message here :).
First and foremost thanks to everybody who contributed and gave infos, you helped me a lot, thanks !

This is my second Ace grow (first one was Congo) and I hope it will go well.
The setup is a bit hectic for now as I'm drying my previous harvest in the tent, so they are in the bathroom right now haha, day 7 :

Cheers guys !

dubi

ACE Seeds Breeder
Vendor
Veteran
Welcome Adiba :)

Thanks for your support! Glad you are running Zamaldelica x Kali China after your first Congo grow. You are going to love Zamaldelica x Kali China, it's very easy to grow and a very consistent sativa/indica hybrid for its quality resins, terpenes and effects.

Adiba

Thank you Dubi !

So far this strain is fantastic, growing really fast each day. First time I use mulch with cannabis plant and they seem to love it.

I will only keep two on the four I have growing, I can see a few phenos developing.By my non-expert eye I'm going to select one indica and one sativa leaning pheno with the best side branching possible on both.

Does this strain adapts well to topping ? I have a 70x70cm tent and I want to fill it out with only two plants. I've read only a few posts talking about topping Zamaldelica x Kali China, with quite success it seemed tho. If not, I'll go with a classic LST :) !

Cheers !

G

Hello Adiba!Excellent strain choice! I have topped my zam x KC all 3 times I grew her.She takes it pretty well!

Last harvest of Zam x KC

86Q3F2d.jpg

Adiba

Hey Syd Barrett !

Thanks for you answer, very helpful ! I will try to go this way then :).

Boy o' boy those Zam x KC buds look so tasty, mouth watering, congrats !

Adiba

Hello guys !

Some pictures à veg +14. They are growing pretty good considering they are still in the bathroom haha :p ! Hopefully in a few more days they'll be in the grow tent.

Quite some differences between the two's, one is really compact/sturdy with smaller but wider leaves and the other one is way taller with thiner but bigger leaves and very good branching !
In their final 18l/5gal container with 60% lightmix/30%coco/10% perlite with biotabs kit :) .

Cheers !

Adiba

Hey guys !

Update at veg +30 : they are growing but they don't seem very happy :'( ... Droopy/twisted/distorted/weird leaves especially the one on the top. I tried everything since the last 2 weeks but can't find why... Just doing as usual, temps/humidity are good, biotabs feed chart, watering about 2l every 3 days when needed. I looked at the underneath of the container and it was full of healthy white roots.

Maybe they are nutrients sensitive ? Or they did not like the topping ?

I'll flip them to flower and see how it goes but if any of you have an idea I will greatly appreciate any input :) !

Thanks !!

ya_boi_blu

Hey, Adiba
something like that happened to me but not with this strain.
I had a grow some time back and the tops of the plants looked like your picture no. 3, slightly yellow. I suspect the reason was too much nitrogen, I read that when the plant starts to yellow from bottom up it means too little nitrogen, but when the plant starts to yellow from tip down it means too much nitrogen.
The grow I am talking about died because I just f***ed up, but since that I always go lighter on nitrogen and I did not have the same problem anymore.
I am not 100% sure this is it, but maybe you could try something in this direction, flush or just lower the dosage of nitrogen. Hope it helps.

Happy holidays, Blu

Adiba

Hey, Adiba
something like that happened to me but not with this strain.
I had a grow some time back and the tops of the plants looked like your picture no. 3, slightly yellow. I suspect the reason was too much nitrogen, I read that when the plant starts to yellow from bottom up it means too little nitrogen, but when the plant starts to yellow from tip down it means too much nitrogen.
The grow I am talking about died because I just f***ed up, but since that I always go lighter on nitrogen and I did not have the same problem anymore.
I am not 100% sure this is it, but maybe you could try something in this direction, flush or just lower the dosage of nitrogen. Hope it helps.

Happy holidays, Blu

Hey Blu !

Thanks for you answer :). Fortunately they are doing great right now ! They weren't really sick but now they are really looking good and healthy. Might be too much N indeed, or the time they fully root the container... Anyway I'll post pictures in a few days for their 2 weeks of 12/12.

Cheers and happy holidays to all

dubi

ACE Seeds Breeder
Vendor
Veteran
Hi Adiba,

The excessive curled serration and deep green colors of their leaves seem to indicate a slight excess in macronutrients, just flush them in your next watering with plain RO water at correct ph and continue next with softer feedings until they request more nutrients.