What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Zamal Hash - first indoor grow

Koondense

Veteran
Hey Jay,
not sure on the anise part, but the Bunny has a piney and minty hash smell and flavor which stays in the mouth for a long time. The high is similar to your description, dreamy with a kick to do something. Sometimes I have trouble just sitting on the couch, it makes me walk around and think/do stuff. On the other hand when having too much at once it may cause some sleepiness but without the couch potato effect. Overall a nice strong effect which was praised by everyone I shared my smoke with.
People love it.

Gotta try the Panama some time, I have my eyes on the Panama Haze but it's a very long flowering strain for my indoor growing experience.

Yield update:

Zamal Hash clone - around 145g
Zamal Hash Bunny - around 90g
Cognition - around 165g
----
Total buds - slightly less than 400g which is EXACTLY what I DREAMED of:) The main goal was to reach 300g so I call it a huge success.
Total lights - 225W for the most part
Calculated g/W - around 1,75 g/W - insane!

And the bottom line, I don't remember smoking weed this good for a very long time, must have been in the early 2000s when I had some JackHerer and a very good Widow cut...and lots of "clean" receptors:)

Dion

remember when we were discussing your lighting and you said u really hoped to get at least a gram per watt? lol

I told you to be sure you had plenty of light and plenty of air.... so what air system did u get in the end?

Koondense

Veteran
remember when we were discussing your lighting and you said u really hoped to get at least a gram per watt? lol

Yeah right, LOL:biggrin:

My ventilation system:

CAN-lite carbon filter(300m^3/h)
Extraction fan 125mm(280m^3/h, with rpm regulation)
Passive 125mm intake with air filter(zero dust and mold spores I hope, not HEPA)

I have the fan on 1/2 power with lights on and 1/4 power with lights off.
There is also a clip fan for better air circulation and temperature/humidity regulation.

Koondense

Veteran
The Zamal Hashplant "Bunny" clone in early flowering

picture.php

A different soil and different company of plants, this time with Power Flowers from seed in 11L pots.
Bunny on left in a 6L pot, keeping it under control.

picture.php

The curing ZH buds are changing smell a bit, more sharp hash,pine and earth. Lighter and not so pungent like Afghani but with a similar character in part. Lovely long lasting smoke.

Cheers

Koondense

Veteran
No worries bro, perspective makes them look like they're cooking while they're not even warm.
Still driving the lights soft, now at total 200ish watts, plants don't mind:)

Koondense

Veteran
Not italian, bro... but partially! stika=sticazzi?;)

My ZH Bunny clone went thru some serious deficency, I suspect it's Cal/Mag related. Same happened to the seed plant so must be related to genetics. The PowerFlowers don't have these troubles, same soil same everything.

Also seems to me the cut is flowering faster than the seed, most stigmas are nice brown and resin production is amazing. The smell of lemons is making me crazy:)

picture.php

dubi

ACE Seeds Breeder
Vendor
Veteran
Hi Koondense,

Congrats for the excellent results of your first indoor grow :)
Amazing yield for such small space and moderate light intensity!
Wish all the first timer indoor growers had similar results to yours.

I'm glad you are satisfied with the quality of the flowers, and that you keep clones to keep growing the genetics in the future.

Thanks for all the updates and best wishes for upcoming grows.

Koondense

Veteran
Thank you Dubi,

growing both Zamal Hashplants was very rewarding and they made some gorgeous buds, my favorite is the bunny but I still keep clones of both females. They have a very different terpene profile and the big momma was too stinky for my taste and nerves:)
The harvest was surprisingly good, this run I grow now will probably be 'lighter' and less smelly.
One thing I noticed is the ZH bunny's fast flowering which seems to produce slightly different buds than the original plant. Now they resemble more the hashplant, have more trichomes with more lemony aroma.
Just perfect for my switch to vaporizing, I'm trying to stop smoking hopefully.

I wish to all indoor noobs(like me) big harvests and delicious organic grown flowers.
Fingers crossed for this round also.

Update coming soon

konopenko

Veteran
Lovely news bro! Which vaporizer are you using, I have QVaporizer or something similar and I was quite dissapointed with effect. + all stuff vape the same or am I doing something wrong?..btw it should be second after Vulcano...

Koondense

Veteran
You probably have the extreme q, i tried it a few times and it was ok, but nothing spectacular.
I'm now waiting for the Grasshopper portable, supposed to produce better vape than volcano:)
It's convection vaping and everyone who used it say it's a top vaporizer and very quick to heat up.

I'm now waiting for the Grasshopper portable, supposed to produce better vape than volcano:)
It's convection vaping and everyone who used it say it's a top vaporizer and very quick to heat up.

Thank you for the advertising, i've got the volcano and i'm looking for a portable vapo with great quality, so here it is, but so you gave them money waiting for them to buld it ? Is that right ?
It's not like a typical internet purchase, you must trust them...

Koondense

Veteran
No I didn't preorder because I live in EU and rather wait for it to be available in a web store.
Should be a few more days of waiting..

Koondense

Veteran
@JL - PM sent

Update!

Bunny is very fast, not getting so fat but pushing resin instead.
The smell is still very fresh lemony.
Some kind of deficency or lockout is still showing, now waiting for the finish.
I think of feeding only water from now on until harvest.

Bunny bud

picture.php

The jungle(power flowers mostly)

picture.php

:tiphat:

Koondense

Veteran
Zamal Hash bunny clone was harvested at day 67 after being transplanted and put under 12/12.
A few notes.
The grow transition before starting to flower was just around a week so there was not enough time to develop proper leaf mass to sustain massive flowering, so there was quite some stretch but no big fan leaves.
There was certainly a problem with underfeeding at the early-mid flower phase, possibly with some specific deficency or lockout which was already present in the mother bunny plant. It started from the bottom like autumn leaf fading, leaves turning dark purple and later drying.Not necessarily a bad thing if the plant has enough leaves to easily go through flowering. So the yield was not so big but the flowers are very dense and resinous.
I think the flower and terpene production was somehow altered from the mother to the clone. Maybe it's because of the reveg phase, the clone was taken in early flower.
The smell seems to be even sharper on the lemon/pine side which I find very pleasing:)
Most buds turned darker and almost purplish.
Bud density is high and the branches couldn't take the weight, had to be tied.
Next time I'll try to give her more veg time.

Cheers

dubi

ACE Seeds Breeder
Vendor
Veteran
Congrats on your second Zamal Hash harvest Koodense :)

I'm glad you found the genetics worth enough to make a second run with them.
Best vibes!

Latest posts

Latest posts