What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Zamal Hash - first indoor grow

konopenko

Veteran
Ja man nice buds there! I think 70 days are perfect for nice effect, but hey a fat špinel will tell the rest of the story ;)

Koondense

Veteran
Just tested a three day dried bottom popcorn bud from ZH bunny.
Taste is deep menthol, lemon and pine, such a delight. True afghani hash aftertaste with vicks-like sense of lung expansion.
A truly fresh feeling, the kind of smoke i like.
This would be considered a keeper for my ganja taste.

I will let them go for few more days, there are still many white hairs and clear trichs on both ZHs.

MadMac

far beyond driven...
Well done!

Well done!

Small update @day 62 of 12/12

Probably this week the ZH "Bunny" will be harvested, the clone will take few days more it seems.
There are still new white hairs pushing from some calyxes, so maybe 70 days will be enough.
As said, I'm not a fan of couch lock, early harvest is better than late harvest for my taste.

Zamal Hash clone

View Image

View Image

Zamal Hash Bunny - branch

View Image

Cognition

View Image

The new cycle started, all seeds popped and most are above ground and growing nicely.
I have
4x Power Flower (fem)
2x Paki-Dane (fem)
1x Zamal Hash bunny - clone
2x Bangi x Satori (reg)
2x Satori (reg)

The reg beans will share a pot for each cross, others will probably get 11l pots and a good soil, probably Plagron Bat or BioBizz Allmix.
I'll open another thread for the new cycle and post progress of the Bunny ZH in this thread.
Any comments on harvesting are welcome:)

Cheers

high Koondense,
well done!
They all looking very well done...
if you fine the time plz do a smoke report of the Zamal...
curious to see your new run...
go for it hehe
cu
M.:tiphat:

konopenko

Veteran
Yes smoke report and spare some for mountain trip, wtf when shall we visit our Alps and where is our climber Blood?

Koondense

Veteran
Day 70 of 12/12

Day 70 of 12/12

It's been full 10 weeks since the flip and around day 64 from first preflowers.
The Zamal Hash plants could be harvested any day now, there are still some new hairs and clear trichs so both could be pushed to 75 days maybe.
ZH clone is showing some silvery/purplish hue in the trichs, I remember it's a trait which showed outdoors earlier in flowering when temperatures dropped. In the last week I shortened the photoperiod to 11,5/12,5 and lowered the temperature by 2°C on average. Humidity is around 60-65% and it seems so dry compared to the autumn weather. No fear of any mold or anything other than gnats, which are still there somewhere.

Zamal Hash clone
picture.php

It has a particular smell, rubbery, acrid mixed with pine and berry. Not sure how much I like it, but I know I quite liked the outdoor plant which had less of it.
Colas are tightly packed, very sticky and oily. If it wasn't seeded it would be a very big producer.

Zamal Hash Bunny
picture.php

This one is getting better and better, has a gorgeous smell, developing more to the mint and pine side now. Deeply pungent and sweet.

picture.php

Cognition clone
picture.php

The Cognition is filling up with more and more flowers, fading very slowly and will need some time to finish, I'm not sure if I can give her more than 2 or 3 weeks in the room.
Smell is very lemony and floral, refreshing and clean.

The next round plants are doing fine, one Satori didn't make it and one PakiDane is having some trouble with the second set of leaves.
PowerFlowers are ok with slight variations, fairly similar at this stage.
BangiSatoris and Satori look very similar, I'm interested to see what will come out, hopefully not three males:)

Koondense

Veteran
@ MadMac & Kono

Smoke reports will be made for sure, I took some popcorn samples to have a better taste of what's coming:)
Full reports after some curing, not so soon.

Cheers buds

Koondense

Veteran
Before posting the final update on zamal hashplants i just want to say i made a big mistake a month and half ago.
Yesterday i found out the lights were not on full power, so my yield won't be as expexted-i was aiming at highest possible.
So instead of having 300W of light, i was driving them with 225W total - 75W for each plant.
A big mistake, feeling so stupid right now.

Last edited:

Koondense

Veteran
Got some news, the Zamal Hashplants were harvested after 73 days of 12/12.
I could maybe push them for another week but for many reasons I decided it was time.
The two phenos have many differences, especially in the prevalence of certain terpenes which are somehow correlated to structure and stretch. The more "NLD" pheno(I call it Bunny) was a huge stretcher and has smaller but maybe more tightly packed calyxes, the clone was smelling differently.
Just compared the smells of my popcorn buds and I would hardly say they're coming from two sister plants.
Anyway now I like the more developed smell of the clone, it's more rounded than a week ago, but my mind gets way more excited over the Bunny's sharp lemon/pine/mint profile.
Looks like a more balanced pheno of the two parents.
Another note, both had slight hermi tendencies, spotted a few male flowers on the clone(in late flowering only) and a couple on Bunny, also late flowering and probably sterile as there are no small seeds in the buds with male flowers.

Last pictures taken of live ZH plants:

Zamal Hash clone
picture.php

Zamal Hash Bunny
picture.php

picture.php

A few words on Cognition.
The flowers/resin/smell are developing very nicely, smells like lemon flowers in early summer.
I really like the foxtailing flower structure which is more apparent only now when I took the pics in the dark. The effect should also be something special if I judge based on the OD mother.
She had very clear and mind twisting affect, can't explain well.
I'm thinking this plant should be crossed to a JackHerer or another worked sativa. Maybe the KaliChina male(very thin leaf for KC) will add something special to the offsprings.

picture.php

Cheers

MadMac

far beyond driven...
high Koondense,
well done!
Looks really delicious :)
I'm also curious how they smoke and turn ;-)
enjoy your harvest...!
M.:tiphat:

Koondense

Veteran
Thanks bros, yesterday i tried the popcorn samples from all three plants.
The bunny blew me away with the taste, it's very minty and piney, balsamic and lasts long in the mouth and nose. It's like a medicine, for real.
The clone has a similar taste, only a bit less complex but still very minty.
The outdoor mom didn't develop such aromas and terpene content, it was obvious from the first exhale.
The Cognition was less impressove with taste, remimded me a lot of a turkish sauna with eucalyptus, my favorite kind of sauna.

So far i'm very impressed with the smoke of all three plants, i usually smoke joints with mix 50/50 herb and tobacco. I use active carbon filters in my joints and i can say yesterday i had the feeling of vaping with a good vaporizer, the herb quality is really high.

But that was just popcorn buds with few days of drying, cant wait for the properly dried ones.

Cheers

Koondense

Veteran
Yield update!

Zamal Hashplants were having 75W of led lights each, were supposed to be 100W each but because of my mistake it was only 75W.
The clone yielded 135g and the seed plant 90g, so total 225g with 150W of light. So the ratio would be 1,5 g/W, not bad for a first grow:) Could be even more if I could control the stretch of the seed plant. It got poorly illuminated because of the height and it even had a bit of budrot because of light/heat stress I assume. But no big deal.

The ZH strain is gorgeous, I think of it like of an Afghani without the stone.

Koondense

Veteran
I'm keeping the Zamal Hash - Bunny pheno alive.
A clone from the original mother was transplanted and put in flowering tent today, I used a 6L pot with Plagron BatMix.
Took another three clones of various sizes from this transplanted clone, you never know when you're gonna need a plant:)
She is tied down a bit because it's a stretchy pheno, having 4 RQS Power Flowers for company and for a few days also the ripening Cognition clone. It's a bit crouded now but will get better next week.

ZH Bunny one left(6L pot), 4 PowerFlowers in 11L pots
picture.php

Cognition at 87 days of 12/12
picture.php

picture.php

Cognition will be harvested very soon, she's drinking only water for the last week.

Cheers

konopenko

Veteran
Looks super efficient bro, almost 1,5g/W wow we have never been there :) and last plant not included into calculation...well well out guerilla went indoors :biggrin:

Koondense

Veteran
Zamal hash are good yielders for sure, not hard to get great colas.

Happened the same to me to think of Cognition and Bangi Haze as similar strains but now i believe they are totally different. Cognition is F1, Bangi is far more imbred, so the plants will have a much different character i suppose.
My Cognition pheno is a stretcher, starts early and finishes late, also the flowering time is quite long. Foxtailing flower structure, i believe it's a congo pointe noire dominant pheno. There should be more balanced phenos with faster flowering and less stretch, probably also different effect.
I wonder what variation will come out of the seeds i made with Kali China dad:)

Koondense

Veteran
My first indoor experience is completed, the Cognition plant was harvested after 94 days.
Both Zamal Hash are now properly dry and are curing, the differences in their terpene profiles is very obvious, the bunny is a deep piney/minty smoke with a long balsamic aftertaste while the clone is very pungent almost skunky coffee and forest mix. It smells thru many bags, killer smell.
I'll post some bud shots soon.

Here are a couple of buds from Cognition, turned out very nice even better than expected. Also yield will be ok despite the airy bud structure. Smells of flowers, fruits and catpiss.

picture.php

picture.php

Cheers

jay sus

my favorite of two ZHs had piney, hash, and aniseed smell and taste. aniseed fades in cure a bit. high was dreamy, not cough lock. crowd pleaser, second only to panama on this batch. enjoy