What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Zamal Bliss limited edition

kannamed

I realize that Zamal Bliss was a limited edition and that it is no longer in the “sticky” section, but I would like to leave my comments here because this strain has become one of my favorites. Here are a few pics from my indoor grow.
From a growing standpoint, she has all the great pest and fungus resistant characteristics. She does really well with high and low temperatures. She’s a bit picky with her nutrient requirements. I grow all organic with no bottled nutrients, but she did resent some of the “hotter” amendments that I gave her. However, all in all, she grew like a real queen!
The two phenos that I cultivated, were very similar, just like dubi describes on the first page of this forum. One of them leaned towards the Zamal side, the other towards the Nepal Jam side. The effect in both cases is exactly like it was described by dubi: “Cerebral, energetic and creative tropical African sativa effect with no ceiling, where the Nepal Jam brings its unique and clean positivity and warmth”.
Going into more detail, I would add that there are three characteristics that she doesn’t have which I find amazing: She is not introspective, she doesn’t give me the munchies and she is not crazily euphoric. That being said, she makes you very happy and gives you a feeling of extreme peace and wellbeing. She allows you to be alert, and have a great, focused, profound conversation in a social gathering.
I would say that her emotional medical value, is as a natural anti-depressant. It could also help people who have difficulty at social gatherings to feel comfortable. As for the physical medical properties, taking into account that she has tested high in terpinolene, she should have anti-cancer and heart protective properties.
The aroma is primarily floral, leaning towards lavender, but also has some resin and other background smells. The smoke is smooth.

Attachments

• photo2069310.jpg
    photo2069310.jpg
    99.8 KB · Views: 102
  • photo2069311.jpg
    photo2069311.jpg
    75.3 KB · Views: 93
  • photo2069312.jpg
    photo2069312.jpg
    73.5 KB · Views: 93
  • photo2069313.jpg
    photo2069313.jpg
    103.5 KB · Views: 87
  • photo2069314.jpg
    photo2069314.jpg
    105.3 KB · Views: 84
  • photo2069315.jpg
    photo2069315.jpg
    111.8 KB · Views: 90
  • photo2069316.jpg
    photo2069316.jpg
    97.4 KB · Views: 97

Subu

I just randomly googled this strain and there is still at least 1 website selling seeds of it.. Although it was a pretty random looking site.

dubi

ACE Seeds Breeder
Vendor
Veteran
Welcome to our room on ICMag kannamed :wave: What a beautiful and interesting post to start :yes: The BUMP of this thread is a sweet surprise :) thanks a lot!

Really happy you have had a pleasant experience with Zamal Bliss (both from the grower and smoker side) and that our strain description is accurate with your first hand experience with this genetics.

Lovely finished cola pics of the purple Zamal dominant pheno. I like a lot the way you describe her, you really captured the personality of the strain in your description: smooth smoke, uplifting, expansive, well focused, postive and anti depressant in effects, with a delicate floral and sweet resins palate and nose.

Despite Zamal Bliss is already sold out here at the source, some online retailers may still offer Zamal Bliss on their websites, but better ask them first if they really have Zamal Bliss physical stock before doing the purchase.

paisajedehierba

I'm always late to the party. Here's my 6 Zamal Bliss at 28 days of 11/13. They're well behaved and seem like they'll yield well. I really enjoyed the Zamaldelica so I'm hoping there is a hint of that in this hybrid.

View attachment 18909527
Nice to see Zamal Bliss grow once again. I grew them outside... very large creatures. The effect was lively, not hectic and clean and, later, with your eyes closed, also quite crazy ... like the smooth surface of a lake, into which something suddenly falls and the scenery completely changes, I have experienced it from time to time.

orangina

Veteran
Here is my latest Bliss harvested after 70 days..
full

full

full

full

full

She grew a lot, had seven to eight branches falling all over the place. The buds are rather light and the smell very raw. I had another Pheno two three years ago and found it quite interesting and exotic. Nice smoke to have a vacation from the usual hard hitting strains.

dubi

ACE Seeds Breeder
Vendor
Veteran
A joy to admire your beautiful and sucessful Zamal Bliss harvest @smilley ;) great growing skills and outcome. Thanks for dedicating the cycle to this old limited edition.

The shorter, colorful and earlier flowering one was more Nepal Jam dominant. The other 5 taller, longer flowering, and higher yielding ones are more sativa dominant (Zamal/Jamaican), like the main expression described in the strain description: "As the last reflowerings mature, the stunning flowers take on the shape of a 1950s-style microphone"

dubi

ACE Seeds Breeder
Vendor
Veteran
Here is my latest Bliss harvested after 70 days..
full

full

full

full

full

She grew a lot, had seven to eight branches falling all over the place. The buds are rather light and the smell very raw. I had another Pheno two three years ago and found it quite interesting and exotic. Nice smoke to have a vacation from the usual hard hitting strains.

Thanks for revisiting Zamal Bliss @orangina :D really beautiful flowers too!
Hope you enjoy with her as much as you did with the first one!

smilley

Veteran
Thanks for the kind words dubi

Chopped this one at 75 days of 11/13. Bigger than the first one and more buds for sure. Still, a nep/jam dominant stature (compact). I have one more very similar plant coming down in a couple of days. Then the 3 zamal doms will come down 2 days apart each. This hybrid has been a pleasure to grow. The plants were very cooperative and easy to grow. They're also very easy to manicure.

20231209_105524.jpg

20231209_114915.jpg

dubi

ACE Seeds Breeder
Vendor
Veteran
Really nice @Smiley :) this one is a very balanced individual between Zamal and Nepal Jam: short and colorful like Nepal Jam parent plant, but bigger sized sativa buds than previous one, which was similar, but leaning more to Nepal Jam. Curious to know if the raw terps during flowering evolved in some females into something more refined.

smilley

Veteran
Really nice @Smiley :) this one is a very balanced individual between Zamal and Nepal Jam: short and colorful like Nepal Jam parent plant, but bigger sized sativa buds than previous one, which was similar, but leaning more to Nepal Jam. Curious to know if the raw terps during flowering evolved in some females into something more refined.

I never really smelled the plants individually dubi. That last one at harvest filled the room with a pungent, sickly sweet smell more so than the first and this following one. Refined would be a very appropriate term.

This one had a similar stature to the last one except a larger yield yet again and bigger denser buds. Not as much smell to her but just as sticky and resinous.
Day 77 of 11/13
20231211_112716 (1).jpg