What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Yuba County

Sunfire

Veteran
I think all it says is that they are waiting to see how things go before they possibly land themselves more lawsuits for damages.

Kanah bosem

He had 30 ish ready to go in 3 gallon pots. He didn't seem to care about the plants as long as they didn't go outside. I don't know if that would help in a green house situation. It was a barn and not a poly house. I think sunfire hit the nail on the head.

Sunfire

Veteran
I'm so fucking glad we are offering resistance and making them think! Butte is getting crazy over there. Straight Nazi bullshit. Omg I hope start getting video of it all and take em to federal court!

furrywall11

Letter to the editor Appeal-Democrat

Posted 2 days ago

I am a resident of Yuba County, and until recently an OMRI certified medicinal marijuana grower. My patients depend on me to provide high quality marijuana consistently to them in a safe and secure manor and now, due to the recently elected board of supervisors of Yuba County, my patients are left unmedicated and anxious for answers.

My background is in education, particularly in the medical field. I use my education to run a streamlined garden that is scientifically methodical, meticulously monitored and it utilizes the most progressive organic products and treatments available. Due to my methodology, I am able to tell you exactly how much water it takes to produce enough medicine to cater to the needs of 50 patients over a 12-month period. That magic number is 30,000 gallons of filtered water per grow season, which is equivalent to: One average American swimming pool, one-tenth of the water it takes to maintain a golf course and 12 pounds of processed beef.

As a citizen of this county, I am more concerned by the sale of the precious water we have left, the meth labs blowing themselves up, zapping our resources, and the outdated infrastructure that plagues our county, worsening the conditions of the drought. I question the level of understanding our council members on current economics. I question their financial motives in forcing use to grow indoors and obtaining structure permits. I question why the county is selling our water to fund code enforcement on growers instead of updating and expanding our fire departments and other social services. I question their ability to govern this county in a way that improves the quality of life for all citizens.

I hope all of us; growers, farmers, pro marijuana advocates and against, men, women and all members of this county will also be concerned with the actions and priorities of our local government. We have a right as Americans to participate in all factions of government and its our responsibility to do so. I encourage all citizens of Yuba County to please do their part by educating themselves on all the issues plaguing our county and becoming involved. We have recalls of district supervisors and other pieces of important legislation to be voted on soon — let's get this right. Thank you.

Kelsey Rizzuti

Brownsville

Ahh I missed the meeting. Did I miss anything good? Did they discuss the mention of the county wanting to settle differences thing?

Sunfire

Veteran
Yeah, settlement was discussed but seems like it will be a longer process than we want. If your up to date on facebook, text, and emails then you didn't miss much. Water initiative, recall, a draft for a cannabis initiative which will be posted on the website soon and they want people's feedback. They plan on using the initiative as the frame work for the settlement proposal but I think that's a terrible idea and there were a few things about the initiative that I know the county won't buy as far as settlement is concerned

furrywall11

I think the water initiative should be used to put a nice shine on everything we do. Who saved the water rights for Yuba County? The Cannabis Growers did!!

We go to Yuba County Superior Court June 1st @2:30pm Dept#4
All Yuba Patients Coalition PAC members should attend!!
We are presenting our legal arguments against the county and the outdoor medical marijuana cultivation ban.

furrywall11

A ton of people showing up could help sway the decision by the force of our numbers!! The more people that show up the better!!! C'MON UP!!!!

It's on

Sunfire

Veteran
What exactly is ypc's legal argument?

Voters right with their attempt to rob us our refferandum. Civil and patient rights, they violated brown acts and a state law. They never follow due process or procedure, the bos here just constantly fucks up.

Holy crap did yall get the word the judge pushed our date back to June 29th?!?!?!? Omfg that's sooo lame. Looks like I'm McCracken seeds, fuck them, everyone I know in yuba is planting or is already planted.

furrywall11

Confirmed it's pushed back to the 29th...the attorney is trying to get the judge to compromise and make it the first week of June sometime.

Yes4Prop215

Veteran
has anyone gotten cited and faced the 100per plant per day fine yet? im starting my planting as well. god damn fines got us worried though...way worse than butte.

we need to keep updating on where their enforcement areas are. has anyone been checking Yuba sheriff public logs? ive been checking in Butte and it goes give a good idea of what areas they are checking and when,however they got smart and started deleting information on "checks" that didnt result in citations. now they only list the addresses when a warrant or citation has been issued.

furrywall11

They're broke but the budget has already been made, the money set aside. A million bucks for the salaries and benefits for six? code enforcement officers. After that the appeal process might cost them money but that will be offset by the fines they're levying. Just read an article a couple days ago about a Linda guy whose tenant was fined $18k for not cutting in time. What about the guy whose house was taken by the county for the same thing. The fines start racking up as soon as you go past their deadline at the rate of $147/hour...and that's before the whole $100/plant/day thing.

I'd like to believe that they're broke and the whole thing is a cardboard cutout but, it doesn't look that way from here. Care to expand?

It's been really quiet in my neighborhood. I cut my numbers in half but put them in twice as much dirt. Popped my beans in March. My only neighbors grow too so I've been trying not to worry about it too much. Been seeing non stop soil deliveries in my area as well. I personally don't know anyone who packed it up and quit this year. Really hope we can get something to stick in the courts and get a new BOS in there that will let the people decide what's best for their county.
Also I love hearing the anti-grower argument that we make property values go down?! There is so much property for sale in yuba after this ordinance passed doesn't that do the exact opposite for real estate prices??

Sunfire

Veteran
The fact that weckman is soliciting the church goers for money Is one thing, the fact they are wanting to strike a deal even though we lost in court is another. They have to answer for all the money they have spent. The court stall tactics just shows they are trying to hold off spending more money until.it gets later in the season. All just theory though.

Latest posts

Latest posts