What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Yuba County

C

CBDhunter

I'm going to do my part in helping the county by investing my $441 yearly registration fee into a new hoopa to grow in, and I think I will clear out and setup another outdoor plot with my 6 and my wifes 6 and see what they do, I'm not growing to get rich quick , I just like having lots of smoke and cash on hand to do whatever my family and I want to do,, the great fucking american dream , right?
I'm not fond of any of the folks and organizations, and i say that loosely, such as ASA, local CaNorml, really can't stand mr self righteous himself, el president of his self initiated and self serving Yuba County Growers Association, and know nothing of this new Yuba Patients Coalition or whatever its called.
Sorry but no one or organizatiin ismchanging the minds of the ignorant, the yuba BOS, and not a single person or these organization is going to diddly squat ifmyou get into ANY kind of trouble, especially the ASA, biggest joke in the industry, kind of like High Times magazine , another disappointment in this industry.
Go back undergorund folks, legalizatiin isn't going to benefit anyone so keep those black markets open, your all going to need and appreciate them!!!!!

Sunfire

Veteran
Your grossly miss informed my my friend. Yes if you get in trouble your on their own. But these associations are doing a lot to help fight this outdoor ban. Eric leads the pac and he's extremely cool and knowledgeable.

If the outdoor ban sticks, all they have to do is fly over, if they see one plant they send you a certified letter in the mail, you have 30 days to respond. If you don't the fine is levied again your property and once the penalties reach equal or greater value of you property they can legally size it. THIS IS ALREADY HAPPENING IS FRESNO AND I PERSONALLY KNOW PEOPLE WHO GOT THE LETTERS!!! The fine in Fresno is 100k!!!

This is why a complete outdoor ban is the new trend for counties because it saves them a lot of money and manpower on inspections and gives them the opportunity to easily seize your assets!!!

Sunfire

Veteran
Cbd wtf were you even talking about??? A new hoopa? You mean a hoop house? You can't fucken grow anywhere besides a permitted accessory building with concrete floors and an up to code sub panel.

That 441 tour handing them is extortion money they will use to further encroach on our rights. Actually READ the ordinance.

God damn it go to the pac and ycga meetings!!!! Tell all your friends to register to vote. The refferandum will be ready to sign tell minute the bos hits the gavel on March 10th. Your signature won't count if your not registered to vote in yuba county. Tell everyone to donate to yubapatientscoalition.org or sign up to volunteer.

Sunfire

Veteran
Holy shit cbd re reading your post is just so fucken insulting. You clearly are not up to date or properly informed at all. WE CAN FIGHT THEM AND WE ARE!!!!! WE WILL RECALL THE BOS AND ESPECIALLY RANDY FLETCHER, FROM THEIR SEATS ON THE BOS ONCE WE ARE DON WITH THE REFERENDUM! !!

Sunfire

Veteran
FTR Yuba did ban outdoor growing, but will allow 12 plants indoors.

Lol they last minute enacted an "emergency ordinance" to pass their ban. That doesn't mean the fight is over!

First off they violated 3 different brown acts by doing that, secondly they violated a state law saying that the BOS can't enact emergency ordinance to thwart a refferandum. We are filing an emergency temporary restraining order that will suspend this new ordinance. They went the emergency route because word leaked we were working on a refferandum and it was in the appeal democrat. Which at first it looks bad but really that gives us tangible evidence that the BOS knew about the refferandum and changed it to an emergency ordinance last minute which is illegal by state law. One of the Browns acts they violated was that they must publicly give notice of an emergency ordinance atleast 3 days before they enact an emergency ordinance, which they didnt. The BOS are all complete fucken idiots that dont even know the laws and they are shooting themselves in the foot constantly.

We are starting recalls on the BOS members which will be special election which means their asses are ours and we already have prime candidates to run against them in the special elections.

No one can comply with the current 12 plant indoor ordinance. If you read the ordinance closely, your need to do a lot to your room to be in compliance.

oldCounty

Seems like every month I hear about a city or county disregarding the brown act. When the laws only apply to the serfs, it's time for major change. Much respect to those in Yuba putting in the good fight.

I didn't know I couldn't do that.

smh

Sunfire

Veteran
We need support! Donations to the yuba patients coalition are vital to this fight! YUBAPATIENTSCOALITION.ORG the website is very basic because the few of us who are actually doing something are spread very thin at the moment. There is contact info and you can donate online with a credit card.

All the time and money we put in on the refferandum just got flushed down the drain! We have the support of 8 other counties and every meeting there are more representatives of different associations from other counties. This is because as far as numbers and statistics are concerned we have the best chance of winning as no county before has won this fight. The American court system works off of presidance and if we land a win then that gives their lawyers something to point at and use. Nevada county patients spent about 120k and lost because they didn't take writing their initiative seriously. Butte county got 16k signatures for their refferandum but lost because less than 2500 of those 16k actually voted.

We are gathering voter registration forms and donations the best we can but we need all the help we can get. If you know anyone in this county please have them contact me immediately to join the fight. We have an extremely knowledgeable team fighting for us but they are all working on volunteer basis as we all are.

furrywall11

For real...
I read on the YCGA facebook feed this morning there is an estimated 8000 grows in Yuba County. Why then are only 200 people showing up at the meetings? We have the numbers to take control of this county and shape the policy of the entire state! And the only thing that is holding us back is this stupid thought: "my neighbor will do it.." bro, YOU HAVE TO DO IT for YOURSELF and don't think someone is going to do it for you!! The time and energy you put into this movement will be paid back to you 10 fold.

HEY, I have a question I'm trying to get feedback on..
Does anyone know about the permitting process for hoop houses in yuba county? In the last few weeks I put up 2 x 20x72 hoop houses with underground concrete blocks to hold the hoops in place--no hardwired electricity or water..just hoses and two extension cords. I purchased these from Gro-tek in Penn Valley and was told by Josh, the manager, that they were considered temporary structures--no permit needed. I came home yesterday and found a card on my gate from the yuba county building inspector..I'm trying to figure out how to proceed and what I might be facing here in terms of changes I might have to make, how much time I have and, how much it might cost me. Thanks..

Last edited:

Sunfire

Veteran
Well are you zoned agriculture? If so it's a simple 400 dollar permit per green house. If not, idk if you can have ones that size. I will tell you that the fucken BOS just took a million dollars out of public works budget to fight the "war on drugs in yuba county". So from my past experiences with the county they are spread so thin they never come back and fix or inspect anything after the initial complaint. I've been waiting 3 years now for bonnie to call me back for an encroachment permit lmfao! What's your neighbor situation like? I bet you got called in on bro. Just the hoops is no big deal but once there plastic on them then it's a green house. You should definetly pay the money for some solarig woven poly to cover them so no one can see inside. It's 88% light transmission. 60% diffused and 28% direct. Supposedly it can be up to 20% cooler in the day and 20% warmer at night. Karmen garden greenhouse has some in stock in grass valley but it's going quick and she wants 44 cents per square foot for the 172 8 mil. You can find that for 28 cents a square foot through other places online but you'll wait a week on shipping. The 140 6 mil. You can find for 19 cents a square foot, they both have the same light transmission properties.

I'M SO FUCKEN BAFFLED THAT PEOPLE DON'T STAND UP AND FIGHT THE BOS!!!!. Idk about 200 people, I see maybe 100 throughout the night at the PAC meetings. You already know I'm sure but you need to tell everyone you know!!! What neighborhood you in fury? I'm in rackerby/brownsville. I made a flyer up and have been printing thousands of them and distributing them and pinning them up locally. We should get in touch and I'll give you a bunch, maybe we can talk about other things as well.

So I've been doing beds in full sun for the last 5 years here. So confused with all of this bullshit now. Do I tear everything down and put up hoops? Will that really save me from a ordinance check if they fly me? (Neighbors aren't a problem and have never had a complaint) Talk to some people that are spooked and some that aren't changing a thing. Just trying to gauge the temperature out there. Super thankful for the yuba pac. Going to donate on Wednesday and really hope we can overturn this nonsense!

Sunfire

Veteran
Apparently we need to call the aclu and get them involved too, I'll post their number later.

Honestly these lawsuits against the county are going to take a while and if we got more people to rally forth we could hire more lawyers and get shit done quicker.

Putting up hoops with opaque plastic or poly woven will save you from a fly over and a certified letter in the mail. It may not save you from an inspection but they need to get an inspection warrant if you don't let them on your property and play hardball with them. It could take 2-3 months to get one if your not compliant. They will be extremely busy trying to enforce this because I know people in the same boats, some are just going ahead as scheduled, and some are freaking out. I know of much larger greenhouses and gardens than mine so we will see how it goes. Hopefully withing another month or two these lawsuits will give us a tro and immediate injunctive relief and the aclu is currently speaking with the pac lawyer but if lots of people call them it will have more effect.

C

CBDhunter

They are either working in their greenhouses or packing up and moving on out, fine with me as it opens up all kinds of properties I can use for non cannabis gardens , besides I can't stand most of the thuggy gang type out of towners that are up here, as well as the inconsiderate amount of other out of towners fucking it up for others by not being neighborly or even just polite , manners are non existant up here it seems these days.

Sun fire what's up! I'm a yuba non-thug resident. My neighbors are super mellow too but there are definitely some pretty neighborhoods around. What are your thoughts on all this? I've been trying to just ignore what's going on. I'm committed to my year and worrying about my garden getting cut won't help me if it ends up helping or not. Do you think they are going to go extra hard with the enforcement or will it be the same as the last few years but with a nazi ordinance to back them if they show up?

Sunfire

Veteran
Well we heard back from the supreme court rather quickly. They didn't deny us. The kicked back down to the appellette court and told them to open the case as they had previously given us a summary denial which means just after reading only our summary they threw it out and deemed the case had no merit.

The initiative that eric and rick filed that calls for a constitutional amendment to state law is now being backed by the california cannabis coalition who just recently received a million dollar donation. That won't help the medical scene until 2016 though.

There is a peaceful protest monday starting at 10 am at the government building in marysville. Tell everyone you know to show up with water, snacks, and signs!

The recall campaign also starts monday, Vasquez is the first and they already dug up alot of dirt on him and Kathy says he's going to resign once they go public with what they have found.

The county initiatives to stop the BOS from selling our water and to cut their pay also begins monday.

You need yo contact eric at the yubapatientscoalition.org website and get on the email list to be updated on what's going on so you can also spread the word.

Have you looked at the butte county thread that furwall11 started? People are getting shaken down hard there, super hard! You should read the last page or two, innsane violation of civil and patient rights. This is because they have offered no resistance.

We need to band together! Get as many people as you can to the protest!!! Start writing letters to the appeal democrat and the territorial dispatch. Tell anyone you know in district 1 that the Vasquez recall campaign begins monday and we need all the signatures from that district that we can.

So far the only thing I heard of about them telling people to chop in this county is 2 greenhouses up off Peoria on township road that was a call in due to light pollution.

Everyone else I know that has been visited by enforcement has told them they are just doing awareness education right now and they are using Google maps to find properties that have had previous grows on them. If the gate is open the go right in. If the gate is closed they leave a card on the gate.

Butte is getting crazy fucked with though. An article from like 3 weeks ago said they have taken down over 70 indoor grows and we're bragging about being able to get a warrant in 30 minutes. They are snooping on people all the way up in forbestown.

We don't want that here. Tell everyone you know to donate to the ypc. They are doing a lot of good. We must spread the word my brother! Don't ignore it. Lots of talk of forming a union soon to have the backing of multiple lawyers and contractually bound members.

furrywall11

Go to a meeting...there are people there that are getting results and love what they do. It's very inspiring. Plus, you get the download on what's happening up to the minute. At the last meeting on wednesday one of the board members reported on a call they received from the lawyer on the drive over. For the first time since the emergency ordinance was passed I'm starting to see a glimmer of hope.

There's some major stuff going down. The most recent thing I read was that the BOS was ordered by county counsel to rescind the emergency ordinance at their next meeting because of the accusations of Brown act violations..of course the plan is then to reinstate it a couple days (hours?) later taking extra care to follow the right protocols. Still, this means they're very aware of the threat that we present as a unified group. And who knows...maybe a few of the BOS members will reverse their votes because of the pending recall actions?? That'd be perfectly acceptable.

As cliched as it sounds change is possible but the message that I get loud and clear at the meetings is things can only happen if the growers of yuba county step up and donate their time and money. Certainly it's worth fighting for.

Here's a link to the news article:

http://www.appeal-democrat.com/news...cle_245deff2-ea4d-11e4-a2f5-d3a958e50e32.html

Last edited:

Sunfire

Veteran
Well one of the Browns acts they violated was that they didn't give a public 3 day notice before enacting the emergency ordinance so we get a free 3 days if the try to reinstate hehehehe!

Sunfire

Veteran
Hey fury, in the future maybe just copy and paste the articles from the appeal democrat because alot of people have already burned through their 5 free viewings. Lol I should have don't that just now when I looked at it hehehe I'm a hypocrite.

Latest posts

Latest posts