What's new

YOUR WORST/DISAPOINTED/OVERATED STRAIN(S)

ufullachit

Cough is nice tasting weed but thats it. C99 and anything else popular in europe like "cheese" is just mid-grade bud here in NY. Sorry dude. :tumbleweed:

IDK what COugh you puffed on bro, but the one I'm talking about is hella stoney, and has old hippies fucking laughing their asses off talking about "No Ceiling" and all that jazz.. You must have gotten something NOT COUGH...

So what's in NY??? I put C99 up in the mix because it's a simple but Good Strain... IMO, it's hella good for how easy it is to grow and the finished product.. NOt saying it's a OG or a Sour D though... IDK, just my opinion.. If I was gonna take a pick for best smoke I've had I would say it's Good 'ol Sour Deezy...:tiphat:

ojd

CONNOISSEUR GENETICS
Vendor
ICMag Donor
Veteran
cheese mid grade?

you def didnt try the real cheese

i smoked alot of elites

chem d , sour d, original diesel, triangle ,sfv and the list goes on

the cheese stacks up to these elites for sure

peace

M

mugenbao

They are self-proclaimed medical grade with ...
There is no such thing as "medical grade", it's a bullshit phrase made up by marketers to imply potency without having to meet any actual specified standard. It's an absolutely meaningless combination of words, just like "prescription strength".

GGG may have excellent genetics, I don't know. But the overuse of that phrase by millions of marketers just annoys the hell out of me :D

944s2

ICMag Donor
Veteran
hiya,,without a shadow of doubt this goes to dp california orange,,worst beans i ever grown in other 12yrs,a total waste of time..what made it worse the plants looked exactly like the pics of co on website,,no taste,,no potency and sure as fuck none of them
smelled or tasted like oranges,,gh seeds the church was a wanker also bb cheese,,grow this out many years ago,,no cheese pheno just ok skunk1 imo,,a big dissapointment,,sure there are others but only remember these for now,,cheers peace and safe growing s2

smk8000

Out of all I've grown, the strains that stand out as "weak" or "disappointing" would be

4. GHS Hawaiin Snow and Super Silver Haze (was long ago and didn't know better lol) - very straw like lightweight buds with next to NO potency,

3. Serious Seeds White Russian - bud's almost turned to powder after harvest lol. No potency or taste there either.

2. DJ Short Blueberry -very small yield, no blue coloration, potency and taste were "passable" at best. Maybe had bad phenos, not sure. Didn't meet hype and expectation.

1. Sensi Seeds - NL5 x Haze - similar to Hawaiin Snow but not quite as bad, but not what I asked for when paying over $200 for 10 seeds. :( THIS WAS BY FAR THE MOST PATHETIC ******** strain FOR THE PRICE in the history of the WORLD lol.

Strains with germ problems/early death problems were TGA Ace of Spades and Chernobyl (popped 5 of each and never saw a plant for my efforts), Rare Dankness Ghost Train Haze 1 (all 10 seeds either never popped or popped and died as small plant), and anything from Barney's.

As far as strains that met or exceeded expectations : Moby Dick from Dinafem (large yield, exceptional potency), Jack the Ripper by TGA ( great creeper bud that really twists ya in a wicked sativa way), Sensi Star from Paradise (VERY long lasting stone and copiously sticky), Sour Bubble by BOG (very relaxing warm cozy indica - and I prefer sativa), and Blubonic by Spice of Life and True Blueberry by DJ Short (both phenomenal tasting and smelling berry herb although the the MOST potent out there). Super Lemon Haze was also quite potent but too racy for me to really enjoy it.

wallywombat

Out of all I've grown, the strains that stand out as "weak" or "disappointing" would be

4. GHS Hawaiin Snow and Super Silver Haze (was long ago and didn't know better lol) - very straw like lightweight buds with next to NO potency,

3. Serious Seeds White Russian - bud's almost turned to powder after harvest lol. No potency or taste there either.

2. DJ Short Blueberry -very small yield, no blue coloration, potency and taste were "passable" at best. Maybe had bad phenos, not sure. Didn't meet hype and expectation.

1. Sensi Seeds - NL5 x Haze - similar to Hawaiin Snow but not quite as bad, but not what I asked for when paying over $200 for 10 seeds. :( THIS WAS BY FAR THE MOST PATHETIC ******** strain FOR THE PRICE in the history of the WORLD lol.

Strains with germ problems/early death problems were TGA Ace of Spades and Chernobyl (popped 5 of each and never saw a plant for my efforts), Rare Dankness Ghost Train Haze 1 (all 10 seeds either never popped or popped and died as small plant), and anything from Barney's.

As far as strains that met or exceeded expectations : Moby Dick from Dinafem (large yield, exceptional potency), Jack the Ripper by TGA ( great creeper bud that really twists ya in a wicked sativa way), Sensi Star from Paradise (VERY long lasting stone and copiously sticky), Sour Bubble by BOG (very relaxing warm cozy indica - and I prefer sativa), and Blubonic by Spice of Life and True Blueberry by DJ Short (both phenomenal tasting and smelling berry herb although the the MOST potent out there). Super Lemon Haze was also quite potent but too racy for me to really enjoy it.

im growing ghs hawaiin snow its the weakest out of 30 strains i dont think its doing to good in my climate

chizzleonetime

smk8000 dude no offence or anything but i think you need to revise your growing techniques :)
you said the white russian turned to dust ................. my oh my bud should not turn to dust you must have over dryed it, no potency or taste ? white russian is like the most reliable white weed for taste and potency that i have grown !!!
ssh and hawaiian snow hay like smell ? sounds like they were either not given anything like enough time (these strains can take alot longer than breeders listed time)
i have yet to grow anything in my life that smelled like hay , greenhouse ssh is straight lime/lemon spice hazey funk , hawaiian snow was not really to my taste buds very bland pine taste but nice high not quite hay anyway lol
a strain i got beef with at the min is strawberry chiesel ,,,, sorry but it was crap very poor trichrome production undesirable odours no cheese no strawberry ,,, yet to see a sample that doesnt deserve the compost heap , everybody round my way avoids it like the plague

frankenstein2

Astronaut Status
Veteran
Reserve Privada Og kush, and og 18, tangerine dream from barney's, sleestack x skunk from dna, and i had multiple pheno's(not one seed you dickheads). Let's see had a la confidential that blew balls, vegged it for six months and it finished at a height of 12 inches(no i didn't fuck it up lol).Critical mass 33 from ch9, huge buds no potency. So let's hear it what am i doing wrong, the reason all these strains sucked...........come on i'm waiting. I really think for the most part it was shitty pheno's, except the tangerine dream ,garbage no matter what, do not buy them, repeat do not buy them. On another note i had an lsd pheno from barney's that is the strongest shit i've grown to date, and so do all my friends. I'm pretty sure it was the one in a million , only bean in the ten pack that was like that, too bad my ex-partner is gonna let pm kill it

chefboy6969

OverGrow Refugee
Veteran
its funny you guys either grow out a few seeds from a pack or someone's friggin clone(that they just sex'ed and ddin't even test)

and you think you have the right to pass judgement on these strains...

WHAT A JOKE..LOL...if you are gonna comment make sure you do a true experiement with the genetics, NOT one run of a random seed from a pack...Grow out 2 packs and then comment...

peace
Chefboy

badonkadank

My worse was Cronic from serious seeds,looked great,one big long top cola,a nice crown of nuts around the top one,no smell that was like canna,just veggie and no taste.wasnt just me that thought that had two separate pals do it and same feed back and read on some forum can't remember which,but this fella said his Cronic smelled of celery lol,& I felt his pain.

Gerardbutler79

Veteran
smk8000 dude no offence or anything but i think you need to revise your growing techniques :)
you said the white russian turned to dust ................. my oh my bud should not turn to dust you must have over dryed it, no potency or taste ? white russian is like the most reliable white weed for taste and potency that i have grown !!!
ssh and hawaiian snow hay like smell ? sounds like they were either not given anything like enough time (these strains can take alot longer than breeders listed time)
i have yet to grow anything in my life that smelled like hay , greenhouse ssh is straight lime/lemon spice hazey funk , hawaiian snow was not really to my taste buds very bland pine taste but nice high not quite hay anyway lol
a strain i got beef with at the min is strawberry chiesel ,,,, sorry but it was crap very poor trichrome production undesirable odours no cheese no strawberry ,,, yet to see a sample that doesnt deserve the compost heap , everybody round my way avoids it like the plague

Agreed. Alotta newbs, and novices for that matter grow weed like sh*t and than wonder why it comes out like.. sh*t? LOL NL5 x Haze pathetic? I think that statement right there eliminates any credibility, oh yea and a post count of 2.

Green lung

Veteran
Agreed. Alotta newbs, and novices for that matter grow weed like sh*t and than wonder why it comes out like.. sh*t? LOL NL5 x Haze pathetic? I think that statement right there eliminates any credibility, oh yea and a post count of 2.

I agree i think alot these guys just don't know to grow and don't know what it looks like when you do grow MJ properly.

Just look at the "frostist bud thread" tons of shitty grown plants that they think are frosty......airy ass buds, yellow with nute lockout

smk8000

You can think what you want but I've grown out over 60 high end strains and most have turned out phenomenal. You are assuming a lot. Why would like 50 strains turn out dank, dense, and potent yet those 5 or 6 I mentioned turn out awful. Not like everything I tried was bad. Could have gotten a few bad faulty seeds or didn't try enough of a sample size with a given strain but I highly doubt that the growing methods are the only reason those strains were unsuccessful.

the rrock

BEEN GROWING THE NL5 x haze for 15+ years with great success, one of the best strains ever created

smk8000

BEEN GROWING THE NL5 x haze for 15+ years with great success, one of the best strains ever created

Hmmm. When was the last time you grew it from seed though? I could have possibly gotten old rotten stock or maybe the more current seeds are not what they used to be. How do you grow it? Hydro in Ebb n Gro here. It wasn't godawful but when you get a free seed of Dinafem Moby Dick and it totally blows away the strain you paid huge money for, you can't help but be dissappointed. Think I got 2 females and then ran cuttings for 2-3 gardens with not much better luck and ejected it from the lineup.

Latest posts

Latest posts