What's new

YOUR WORST/DISAPOINTED/OVERATED STRAIN(S)

komrade komura

Nebula has recently disappointed me. Just didn't find it strong enough. Must have found the elusive 'weak as shit' pheno. Only popped 2 seeds so I hope it is not representative of the entire strain.

A friend gave me some Sour Diesel he had grown. Excellent taste, more sour than diesel, but the high only lasted about 30 minutes. Guess when it ain't that good...you give it away to friends.

Tony Sativa

All blueberry has been a waste of cash the last 10 years. I've had some good crosses but nothing like the old school dj short gear

D

dramamine

Breeders choice, nycd f3, from samnie seeds... Girls Hermed 9 days into 12/12 after 8wk vegg! Peace

I don't get why peeps are marking this 'unhelpful'...hurt feelings off someone else's experience?.....if ya don't wanna know, don't come in a "most disappointed" thread. If anyone's got the balls, let's hear why this was so unhelpful...

H

Homer J Pimpin

my lord crave..........that new york humor gets me in stitches.....actually your post is more a generation thing I think.....

LeeROI

I'll play:
Killing Fields, Feminized (test sample = 6 plants, all healthy non-herms).
These have been in the jars for over a month.

The feminized version has more variation than the F3 regular seeds. I knew this and considered it a good thing because I planned to find a mother in a subsequent grow of the F3's. I wanted to know what I was looking for.

I expected to prefer the effects of the green phenos (which occur 30% of the time in the regular seeds, IIRC) compared to the purple phenos. This turned out to be very true but I was disappointed in how much I disliked the purples.

The purples overall effect on me is feeling impatient with myself and others. I'm catching ZERO euphoria. There were three purples, one especially big yielding with high bag appeal (if someone wants purple buds with lacy orange hair and so many trics it looks like a moldy bag at first).
One of the purples I had seen described before. It wants to be a vine. I've never seen a healthy cannabis plant like it--the petioles are flat instead of round. This is definitely a cull. Although the purples make me impatient, if I overload I feel demotivated and somewhat discouraged. The purples are a very smooth smoke.

Two plants were green. Unfortunately, the best effects come from the absolute runt of the litter (although very early finishing for a KF).

The sixth plant is the closest to a blueberry. It had spiky vertical pistils and leaves I associate with DJ Short and a hollow stem. The smoke/vape was kind of harsh and leafy. I pulled some out of the jar and had a bong before I sat down to write this. I'm liking the effects better now than when it was freshly dried. I'd put this in a class of "good positive buzz".

I was starting to wonder whether the blueberry was worth chasing at all. Not that I am, I'm actually more interested in the classic Columbian. Chimera's BB x Highland Mex is still very high on my list for a future grow.

So anyway, my disappointment stems from following Bannie for the last three or four years and then I don't like the effect of half the crop.

I realize the importance of the grow, so by comparison a previous grow was done under almost the same (but worse) conditions. This was Aurora Indica Feminized (purchased three or four years ago). I liked all five plants just fine--both in effect and in growth.

A year later from my barney farms violator kush nomination I'll add this to the thread.

anything from ghsc other than super lemon haze. (trainwreck was decent too)

white widow, white rhino, bubba kush, church, nevilles haze, hawaiian snow, strawberry haze, ams, arjans haze #1 and a few others. Average at best, almost every plant a hermi... so bad I felt guilty selling it so I gave most of it away.

nuckfuts

Atomic Northe'rn Lights-Dr. Atomic. I had been wanting to try these for years now that my Joey weed C99's are up to f6, Igot my pineapple pheno locked down with better yield than when I started with it at f2 stage. I was super hot to put these 2 together. My room is dialed in and sealed no pests no mold,NO STRESS. Only 4 out of ten popped, one was male, the other three were FULL BLOWN HERMIES. I have NEVER run into this with any other strain.
BTW, this is NOT a Dr. Atomic bashing session, his atomic haze hangs in with the best.
This strain fucked me out a good 2 months production.

growhi

barneys blue cheese i only grow 6 fems but they were all thin sativa type plants with thin leafs and a tiny yeild ......................nothing like the description and nothing like the 5 pack a grow out about 4 years ago which were sweet smelling indica doms !!

maybe i was unlucky but me thinks there been a parent change !!

megayields

Grower of Connoisseur herb's.
ICMag Donor
Veteran
A year later from my barney farms violator kush nomination I'll add this to the thread.

anything from ghsc other than super lemon haze. (trainwreck was decent too)

white widow, white rhino, bubba kush, church, nevilles haze, hawaiian snow, strawberry haze, ams, arjans haze #1 and a few others. Average at best, almost every plant a hermi... so bad I felt guilty )selling it so I gave most of it away.

My two cents are GHSC Super Lemon Haze......what a complete disappointment it was BOTH in yield and potency....super long finish time (I expected 11-12.....not 15 weeks after checking trichomes).....never wasted another cent on them again......actually I rarely by any big name genetics, I have a plethora of cuts to choose from right in my backyard.....so to speak.

Ready4

Veteran
GHS El Nino - the worst ever , paid huge $$ when it first came out, Heavens Stairway.
Totally worthless , tasted like dirt, worked for about 1/2 hr, yielded horrible, 1 female out of 9 seeds

Grojak

All TGA ftw... but from experience Deep Purple by TGA, 5 beans, 2 were fucked 2 were male and the 1 I flowered hermed late though. The one JTR I flowered pollinated a room, and I know at least 5 others that have had similar unsuccess.

Gerardbutler79

Veteran
the notorious WIFI.. pathetic. yes I'm exagerrating but for all the hype I've seen and the high expectations I had, it truly disappoints. I'll take pure OG Kush or Sour D anyday over it.

Dr. Purpur

Custom Haze crosses
Veteran
Barnrys violator Kush tasted like rotting eggs. I vomited during every hit.instant gag reflex, vomit all over the floor. I hit on it three times, puked each time, the buried the plant

maxima32

stupersonic from sagarmantha was worst strain I have ever worked with in my cannabis career. I didn't mind the high price but was expecting to find something special ! instead I found the opposite. hay smelling plants with virtually no taste at all . was suppose to b a fast finisher but was nothing of the sort .

yortbogey

To Have More ... Desire Less
Veteran
RD~ A+wonder.... got ZERO females... out of 6
LPB~ leafy larfy,stretchy,pisspoor,lanky sative, mixed breed w/ very little breeding...
Midas.... good but NOT good enuff....compared to the original AW... which i already had...

in total.... a complete waste of 250 clams for the beans.... and 120+ days of losT~effort & time

hightimes {winner} my ass...........will never fall for that gimmick / marketing, cock suckery...AGAIN