What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

YOUR WORST/DISAPOINTED/OVERATED STRAIN(S)

masterlow37

Veteran
THANK YOU REZ, it seems this thread caused some tempers to flare and that was never my intentions, I apologize for anyone getting offended off of this thread and hope everybody the best. I know deep down the majority of us are all brothers trying to live the best we can with a special love for a certain bush in a soundgarden.

M

Mr. Nevermind

I remember Samantha Fox back in the 80's. Really well endowed she was. Did playboy as well. Had a poster of her in my room as a kid. sh emade it over to this side of the pond

Nevermind

FallenBuddha

Chat Mod
Veteran
My biggest letdown was a 15 pack of white label double gum, 0/15 on the germ. Also i split a pack of thseeds sage n sour, and got 5/5 males, my bro has yet to grow them. But that is just me, i am sure others have had great success with said strains in the past and now.

peace -fb

motaco

Old School Cottonmouth
Veteran
I just want to put my .02

strains vary a ton by seed to seed. I always get pissed they only give you ten seeds. they should give you at least twenty. and I feel bad for outdoor growers who dish out $$$ for a pinch of seeds and less than a 1/3 will make it. and seeds are so easy to produce. thousands off a good size outdoor plant.

but anyway with only a couple seeds its hard to really trash down a strain unless you've grown several packs of it.

DJ short blueberry is shit. the chances of you finding a good one are no joke probably 1 in a 100. maybe worse. at the same time I say that, blueberry is one of the best strains I've ever smoked. and I've smoked more than a hundred strains. the chances of you finding a good one are slim to none, but the right one is as good as it gets. and it doesn't make anyone a liar because they said it sucked, or that it was fantastic.

and as for that many of the most hyped strains get the worse reviews. IMHO thats due to two things. (a) all the reviews make people think its some one hit wonder shit. and usually its great weed, but just different weed. and not necessarily what they expected (b) many great strains are not stable and not high yielding. in the breeders attempt to tame and fatten up the strain many times it gets further diluted. and takes many more packs than one to find the right pheno. but that right pheno may well be worth it to many growers.

its rare for me to bad mouth a strain. but I read that double dutch was a "strain of the future" nonsense in HT. the other strains were quality that they mentioned, mango, diesel, etc. but double dutch is pretty expensive, or at least it used to be I think. and it wasn't anything special what so ever. but like I said. it could all be the pheno.

G

True said, I was only pissed about the poor germiation rate of the Somas, I know how to sprout seeds (just had success with a very tough one once again). Not getting a reply from the vendor and the breeder about that, made me order no more from both of them. Bummer.

M

Mr. Nevermind

DJ short blueberry is shit. the chances of you finding a good one are no joke probably 1 in a 100. maybe worse. at the same time I say that, blueberry is one of the best strains I've ever smoked. and I've smoked more than a hundred strains. the chances of you finding a good one are slim to none, but the right one is as good as it gets. and it doesn't make anyone a liar because they said it sucked, or that it was fantastic.

Agreed. I grew out DP blueberry and it was garbage. Hermies and mutants. I smoked Dj's blueberry and it was OK. Only blueberry worth growing or smoking is Dabney Blue. Its a shame though because Blueberry is a great strain but for some reason it never somes out true in seed.

Nevermind

motaco

Old School Cottonmouth
Veteran
as for soma strains. we are completely agreed there. I'm not going to badmouth the mans business but I don't personally buy seeds from him. expensive and HIGHLY unstable. bad germ I hear too.

but at the same time. lavender is top notch. same as blueberry but not as bad. maybe 1 out of 50 doesn't suck but its still a long shot. but when you get the right one, you've got beautiful purple, spicy even head body AAA buzz. if you can find it.

OG bub

~Cannabis-Resinous~
ICMag Donor
Veteran
glassmaster and cannabannana.... either of you considerd the facts???
that:
A- human chemistry, form person to person IS different, as are reactions to chemicals ingested, any chemicals.. including herbs..

B- Plants, from seed, no two are identical in their chemical compunds, amongst un-numerable other charachtersitics....

you two are fighting about apples and oranges.. seriously..
and above and beyond all of that. we should all ahve the ability to: agree to disagree.

thats what narrow threads like this are for after all right? comparing the uncomparable.. PERSONAL opinion.. nots facts.. eh?!

now, that being said.. imo.. Lowrider SUCKS! haha! worst damn thing Ive seen come to cannabis..lol again..IMO.

peace, bub.

five_put

I’ve definitely had a few disappointments with a few strains in the past. I agree with the people who say that you can’t necessarily condemn a breeder, or the strain based on one experience. Of course there will be variety within the strain, so when I say I’ve had bad experiences, I’m not trying to give a bad name to the strain, or breeder.

Having said that, here are a few of my disappointments.

Sensi - Hash Plant, Black Domina (HP wasn’t very potent; BD wasn’t anything special; for the amount of $ these cost, I expected a little better)

BOG - Bog bubble (the smoke was average to good; it didn’t live up to all the hype I read about it on OG)

There’s been a few more that didn’t turn out to be what I had expected, but those are just a few.

G

OG bub said:
glassmaster and cannabannana.... either of you considerd the facts???
that:
A- human chemistry, form person to person IS different, as are reactions to chemicals ingested, any chemicals.. including herbs..

B- Plants, from seed, no two are identical in their chemical compunds, amongst un-numerable other charachtersitics....

you two are fighting about apples and oranges.. seriously..
and above and beyond all of that. we should all ahve the ability to: agree to disagree.

thats what narrow threads like this are for after all right? comparing the uncomparable.. PERSONAL opinion.. nots facts.. eh?!

now, that being said.. imo.. Lowrider SUCKS! haha! worst damn thing Ive seen come to cannabis..lol again..IMO.

peace, bub.
right Lowryder, nicely balanced, but the young plants are so delicate.

KGB47

"It's just a flesh wound"
Veteran
GlAssmasTeR said:
FActors Factors Factors- Is all im saying to get a perfect nug of "your liking" ..Hmmm what part of the plant would you guys consider the "sweet spot" Cuz thats what i smoke and sell the rest to friends...I have read many dj's breeding books and countless others on cultivation. Do you use r/O water? Tell me what is your favorite part of the plant to smoke? Is it the top main cola-middle-side branches,popcorn slighly shaded by light. Does THC break down from light? Where is the sweet spot located usually? How do enzymes and amino acids play a role in in taste,potency,vigor? Does topping stress certain strains? I dunno> i'll just say the strain sucked cause i gave it one shot and it did'nt work out. All i was trying to do is defend a couple breeders rep cuz i luv and appreciate their work. If everyone dogged a certain strain then why would a breeder continue to produce it. Then its unfair to the peeps that like their stuff and have had good luck with it. Palates come in many variations. If you want something you "like" then breed the qualities "you" WANT. Sorry some of you "personally" don't like rez'z v3. But that is "your opinion" that i could give a flying fuck about. So hence the old saying: dont' have nuttin good to say-shut the fuck up! Start your own site about where you can give bad strain reports or something like that. I thought there were cool ppl at this site but i guess its the same whining babies i see on other boards. Peace :moon:
:fsu: Welcome to my ignore list. You won't be missed.

motaco

Old School Cottonmouth
Veteran
yeah I don't know if it was always this way, or if it happened during summer, or when OG crashed or what but IC is getting worse about the pricks than OG was.

people jump your ass or bicker at the drop of a hat here. I'm guilty of it myself if someone has some smartass shit to say to me or is condescending I got a few words for them. thats why I try to keep positive vibrations and a long ignore list. seems the longer my list, the happier I get.

I'm sure me saying this will be probably be followed by someone telling me to fuck off and if I don't like it to leave.:dueling:

Last edited:

natefrog

this is/could be an invaluable thread...........we all know about opinions........we all know about subjectivity.........subjective opinions are what I want!.........thats what this place is all about........hearing peeps get attacked for posting unfavorable opinions about a strain makes me FUME..........reminds me of the shit i see on cable news and in politics these days........shout down anyone who doesnt conform........bullshit........most breeders will always fear a thread like this.......some have reason to, some dont.......thats business in a free world.......my Lifesaver sucked........SUCKED!......doesnt mean BOG is a bad person......just means my LS sucked........and i have the right to say it.

Grat3fulh3ad

The Voice of Reason
Veteran
natefrog said:
this is/could be an invaluable thread...........we all know about opinions........we all know about subjectivity.........subjective opinions are what I want!.........thats what this place is all about........hearing peeps get attacked for posting unfavorable opinions about a strain makes me FUME..........reminds me of the shit i see on cable news and in politics these days........shout down anyone who doesnt conform........bullshit........most breeders will always fear a thread like this.......some have reason to, some dont.......thats business in a free world.......my Lifesaver sucked........SUCKED!......doesnt mean BOG is a bad person......just means my LS sucked........and i have the right to say it.

A breeder doing his job has no reason to fear threads like this one...
A hack, on the other hand.... might...
I would think that any breeder who cares about his craft would welcome any sincere feedback or criticism...

Lifesaver was the BOG strain I was least disappointed in... Some nice flavors and colors...

Cal-Jax and Blue Moon Rocks and Crystal Tsunami were my most dissapointing grows...

G

Set and Setting has a lot to do with how good a strain is. Many of the 25+ mothers from the 6 or so strains I grow have their own likes / dislikes. Sometimes you really have to dial a plant in before she shows her true colors. My LifeSaver gave me 4 keeper moms - I still have 3, lost one moving. In hydro - they all are just ok weed. In organics they are fucking amazing - blueberry, lemon, sour lemon ass kicking bitches.

Someone once said "It's a weed, It ain't hard to grow". I say, it's a plant thats been cultivated indoors for the last 30 years - its far from a weed. Anyone can grow marijuana. Only a great grower can grow great marijuana.