What's new

YOUR WORST/DISAPOINTED/OVERATED STRAIN(S)

IGROWMYOWN

Veteran
A few years ago I picked up Swerve's fake Chem D cut at a now-defunct club in LA for $$$, before the real cut had been widely circulated - now that was a fookin' letdown.

Progressive options? Got hustled by o'organic after swerve said on another site he released the cut after i talked to the kids at P.O. on the first day of the drop. Now i dont get down with P.O., swerves gear or only organics cuts. I did get A grape romulan cut that was fire though not going to lie. A fookin letdown for sure.

Smoking Gun

My pic for biggest let down may surprise many people here, and before I name it I know it was not just my growing techniques as another friend grew it out and was disappointed too. My biggest disappointment was the Chem 4, and yes it was a verified cut. I am a huge fan of the Chem lineage, my favorite strain to grow is SSSDH, and I would gladly grow the Chem '91 or Chem D any day. The 4 while a rather good producer I felt the flavor and effect were rather lack-luster. I had it growing next to OGR's OG and the SSSDH, both of which turned out stellar. After that grow I tossed my Chem 4 mom (mostly because if I really wanted it again I had access to it). I didn't spend any money on the cut which made it a bit less of a disappointment but because I am such a big fan of the Chem's it was still a let down.

gorilla grape (outlaw)..great taste very pretty, but slow veg and total sleepy time weed..
made some great crosses tho..
tfd pineaplle punch..medium potentcy at best..
sour bubble..low yield, mutants, slow vegging and once again total sleepy time weed..
take this list with a grain of salt as i prefer hazes and sats so grow and judge for yourself..
peace W-L..

OsWiZzLe

Swirls Chem D aka Screech's Dirty Socks..... I remember when he lied to everyone and claimed they were charging extra for the cut because Chem was getting some kickbacks lol What a scam artist that loser from Cali Connection-less

After skimming this whole thread, I'm more convinced than ever that a negative grow report may not mean much without disclosure of the grow conditions and experience of the grower.

I've grown three Rezdog strains (A-11 G4, Sour Diesel 1.5, Apollo Mist)and four from DJ Short (Blueberry, Flo, F-13, Grape Krush), and can't imagine how anyone couldn't be pleased with them. DJ strains aren't at their best in hydro, especially if you don't reduce nutrients to 25-30 percent of recommended doses. DJ makes no secret that he grows organically in soil, and that's where his strains really shine. Rezdog's strains are great too, and do well in soil or hydro. You do NOT have to grow out multiple packs of either brand to find good herb.

The worst I'll say about some other breeders' strains is that I've had some disappointments. I won't say that such-and-such a strain is crap, because maybe I messed up something in growing it. These are my disappointments:

Sensi's Black Domina - Grew into a big hedge-apple tree in hydro. Massive, softball-sized buds. But the smell was so cloying, sickeningly-sweet like rotten fruit, that it literally made me sick by the time I finished the trimming. The smoke had the same sickening flavor, and I didn't much care for the confused head. Not good medicine, for me.

Mandela Hashberry - Also grown in hydro, two ladies produced dense, beautiful buds -- which just didn't show much potency. Perhaps I didn't nute them enough, or took them too early.

I never found any good phenos out of several Reeferman strains (A Gold x Highland Nepalese, Burmaberry, Hashplant); the ladies they produced were slovenly and unexciting. Reeferman's Romulan was real good (and consistent), better than the Federation Romulan I tried. And I did get one RM Herijuana seed that had magic inside; it sprouted a tall lady with spear buds that were just fabulous at eleven weeks. (Most Heri phenos were done at 8-9 weeks, and were unexciting.) Having grown a dozen Heri plants since then, I've never found that lady again.

TH Seeds Sage tricked me with a few big clusters of hermi flowers, cleverly concealed on the wall side of the plant, and seeded my whole grow. I hate dishonest women, but she smells so great (literally like sage bush) that I may give her a run again sometime in soil.

Starting with five seeds, Nirvana's Afghani produced only males and runts, which were culled. I can usually get at least one female keeper out of five seeds, and am not likely to grow the strain again if I don't. Too many strains, too little time.

S

southlander

bcgas romberry , I started half a pack with some black widow that I recieved at the same time , 5 bw up an running but still no show from the romberrys, a week later one pops up , down with
the other 5 , nothing,,, now things arn't going well by now as I have a seirous hole in my small closet with nothing to fill it... the a smallish seedling that is by now hopelessy behind the others.. so I let the bws get as big as i can overfill the screen, train and flip to flower .Thankfully only one male showed up so it wasn't the total disaster it could of been

The romberry seedling didn't quite get to the screen but it was showing preflowers so I grabed several cuts and culled it this time round and limped in a pretty average grow.

But wait ,,, theres more next time round I put in those romberry cuts......... grew them big and healthy
( great looking plant profile btw ) trained and flipped to flower good and proper this time :)

Around two weeks plus I alarmingly notice what appears to be
branching that appears to be very male like in appearance emerging all up the main trunk of the plant , every plant. I first tried to kid meself that I could pick off a few nannas but as the days slipped by it became apperant this plant was very female and very male as well .. death to em all:(

Guess theres a moral in all this in that be completely sure what you got .. lest the great wheel of life conspires against thee to snatch a defeat from the jaws of victory.
If you may wonder to ask what was predominately waiting to follow the abovementioned nightmare in the clone box , please don't as it still hurts and the seed buying ban is still in force

bcgas killer queen has been with me 10 years i think now
I have no idea what went wrong with those beans .

skunktoker

Nothing on my list was grown just once I always try A strain at least 2 times before passing judgement also I never believe in the hype keep an even view until convinced.

MNS) shit black-widow
Dutch-passion) Blueberry Orange-Bud
White-Label) White-widow
Kiwiseeds) Mt.Cook

Red_spider_haze

Hello,

Barneys farm : red diesel regular

2 females in hydroponic under 400watt hps
-the first produces 1g (horrible taste)
-the second never flowering normaly after 18weeks of 12/12 =>(goes into the trash directly after 18weeks flowering)

2females in soil under 400watt hps
-The two where ready between 12 and 14weeks but not normaly flowering, red diesel only produces compact leave like boxwood. It's not buds but balls of leaves with somes calix at odd times.

=> directly in trash !

P

Purple Monster

masterlow , mossy jem, dieselryder,

any of those would make the list.

livingluminarie

Original Copy of the Book

Original Copy of the Book

Maybe someone needs to buy BOGs book Bonanza of green...
IMHO Hermies only happen with stress made by the grower himself not the proven strain

Excellent choice of books, but the statement of hermies only happen due to the grower is just plain wrong. An expectation for commecial seeds is that they are stable and able to handle minor stress. If minor stress is too much, maybe the seeds should be discounted and labeled accordingly. More seeds companies are stating when the seeds/strain is still ongoing testing.

BOG seeds are top notch, but the BMR is way too leafy for my growing preference. Excellent smoke.

Dave Coulier

Veteran
Id like to add Seedsman Early Durban to this list. A good waste of about 4 months.

F1's? Hardly. More like f2's. I had 5 females, and only two were similar. Barely any uniformity whatsoever. Hermies? Check. Low potency? A definite check. Bricked mids were much better than these plants. Everything else in my grow tent came out good except them. Ive never been more disappointed. Potency was probably around a 2 or 3 on a scale of ten. It didn't even have any decent bag appeal when finished. Leafy as fuck, with foxtails everywhere. An all around complete abysmal failure by Seedsman.

Avoid this strain at all cost. Ive read other negative reports but only after I was well into growing them. Ill avoid anything seedsman from here on out.

Dr. Purpur

Custom Haze crosses
Veteran
Barneys violator Kush. Tastes like rotton egg yolks. I vomited twice befor I finally took the plant outside and burried it. The dogs didnt even dig it up.

D

Duplicate

eppqgy.jpg

whodair

Veteran
sorry that sucks !!

sorry that sucks !!

rez chem dog x sour d, Inmature seeds, 3-10 were broken, rest were small and green looking. only 2 germed. $200 wasted. No response from Seedbay. Worst customer service ever.Speak the truth on this site and you are a troll. Wont be back.

rez DD from seedbo 2008 $80...

picture.php

sublime marijuanas