What's new

YOUR WORST/DISAPOINTED/OVERATED STRAIN(S)

mr noodles

the nirvana big bud was not very good..taste like hay and poor trich production . i understand why they dropped the strain ...

but i cant figure why nirvana discontinued is cali orange bud line, maybe not the strongest but delicious and cool . the new nirvana line up is not very interesting at all .

crackhead

someone mentioned earlier about la confidential being no good due to real slow veg. i think the end result makes up for it one of the most pleasant highs and smells and tastes and nice rock hard buds although their communiication is lacking on their site. my opinion of worst strain has to be big bang.

Alaskan Ice from GHS. Total garbage, no uniformity, long stretchy plants that put out barely any flowers, and took an absolute age to finish, about 14 weeks in flower, and its marketed as a 9 weeker. Many mutants in my pack and ended up taking up about 1/2 my grow with plants I could do nothing with - on the up side, the smoke was pretty good but noone else wanted to smoke it, and didnt taste all that great

Dr.Dank

Cannabis 101
Veteran
heavy duty fruity Only one female and wasn't what I was expecting not a good taste and all the other strains kicked her ass... afghanica from flying dutch man all beans where old and somas kushadelic and soguda bad seeds = shitty

puffin fresh

ICMag Donor
Normal seeds. Bought 3 packs last year ran most at once, no keepers, hell virtually no bud, and certainly not the Blueberry smell or bud structure I remember.

vanten

passion one, from dutchpassion,
Well where to start, said 6 weeks was 8, said indica was 100% sativa

i veged for 35 days, giving them about 70w/plant MH
the plants are still in bloom 2 of em, at week 8 and a half, 2.2 meters tall, and no i did not have the lamps high, i have coolshade, keept them about 8 cm from the tops, and still this insane growth was expecting indica traits but that was a big mistake

2 are out now, would say they give about 100g each and have had 150 w the entire bloom each. i have ww clones that gave more with 2 week veg an same amount of light.
the 2 ones left may yeild close to 1g/w but not likely, i am very dissapointed in dutch passion , also grew euforia from them, which was very good yeild wise but none of the plants went the stated 7 weeks, are in week 9 and finaly they are beging to ripe of 7 seeds i got 4 indica and 3 sativa phenos, wont ever buy from them again.
Serious seeds are in my opionon lighthyears ahead of dutch.

acidx

I'm rather disappointed with my GHS SSH; it's halfway through its 7th week and I can't find a single trichome on it. The other 7 plants in the tent are frosty and fragrant, but the SSH smells like hay. :( Worst part is that it looks like it'll yield really well.
Of course, we only sprouted one, and it's my very first grow, so it could very well be user error; or the worst pheno ever.
But judging from the others in the tent, its just a bad pheno and in no way a good representation of the strain.

What the hell am I going to do with all this crappy SSH when its done??

Oh yeah,i got that pheno

9weeks with almost no trichs,had to cut that bitch,what a waste of time

B

Blue

@ vanten

not to rag on you or anything here mate but passion #1 is an oudoor ONLY strain that will not produce in indoor rooms, so the fact that you have not grown the plant in its correct environ means you will not get what you are looking for & hence can not comment on the strain correctly.

Grown outdoors it's a fantastic plant. As for the Euf running over ... It is very very rare that you get a strain from a seed bank that is ready in the time they say it is. So the next time you shop for seeds just have that in the back of your head 95% of all seed banks tell lies to make you want the seeds....

I grew euf for near three years and the fastest finnisher I had was 8 weeks out of 60 seeds.

gardenlover

Legends Mountain Mix-went through 30 seeds with not one plant to show for it! I really wanted to try this as I am sure I would have got something good if they germed. I tried 3 different germ methods to!

C

cyber echo

HQS S.A Durban Poison x Skunk.
0 germ rate from a pack of 12 seeds.

Worst strain imo was a ST#3 x Nirvana Afghani cross I made. The smoke had a terrible harsh taste and the potency was incredibly weak.

Nirvana Afghani and ST#3 were both very weak also imo....

It's off topic but my best was a Nirvana haze19xskunk runt... I loved that plant.

bookbinder

let me guess, this is the thread for ppl that need help perfecting their skillz. Cause my sour diesel is the best that ne1 from my area has puffed. Rez V3 you cannot put many strains against. Top-Notch!

I grow tired of hearing that failure of supposed elite strains by elite breeders is always the fault of the grower! I've bin growing better than thirty + years and am still a work in progress as far as "perfecting skillz" goes and that will be so till I die, but child when I 1st started buyin' elite beans it was a different world as far as quality of seeds and variation of phenos in a pack went and that's what you were payin' for, not all this I wish ya luck finding sump'en in a pack (or ten) sucker. So get your finger out yor hole, I know it feels good but show some class an giv benefit of doubt to folks, not everyone is a noob! I've bought strains from mutible breeders @ the bou and have been disserviced many times by the so called best in the biz & I'll not be naming names acuase this place is a click and I am always
learning from folks here 'n' don't want to be booted for tellin' truth!

zeppelindood

Captain Expando
Veteran
I'm not going there, too negative BUT the best strain I have run from seed (other than my own creation Limon) is Rezdog's Double Sour Diesel.

X

xinsanewickedx

ok so i have had ecsd it was very good,but now that i have my med and my girl has her card too, we go thru dispensaries and the first one we got was lemon sour diesel, and it was poorly grown, no taste, smelled like wet grass, and the high only lasted for like 15 minutes, very disappointing

ManoVerde

My vote goes to:

Dutch Passion feminized seeds:
- Skunk#11, out of 6 seeds 1 female which ended up with some bananas, high yield but unpleasant to smoke, bad flavour, low poteny and low resin.

Power Plant, out of 10 seeds 8 male-hermi and 2 plants wich started female but at the end were 30% male so full of seeds but had nice resin.

GreenHouse Seed Co.:

The Doctor: 2 females obsolutely crap, I cut one at half flowering but kept the other to try, was a mistake. Crap and ridiculous yield.

Arjans Strawberry Haze: Again crap, a few had strawberry smell but that was all.

SSH, a friend bought a 5fem pack and passed me 2 clones i put outdoors in june or july and i had to cut them at february because they still were growing and had no buds after 8 month :dunno:. I called em perpetual grower :biggrin: My friend couldnt finish em indoors too so he throwed em away also., and the other 3 plants he had were average when finished. That was hard because it was the first time we tried the famous SSH and it was miles away to convince me.

Sensi Seeds:
All the expensive seeds because of their germination problems (+100€).
N.L., Jack Herer, Ed Rosenthal, etc. NL and ERSB only 1 germed, 4 Jack Herer, and absolutely overpriced, normal that I couldn´t find a keeper. I will never buy the expansive seeds again. With the "cheap" seeds of sensi like Skunk, Hindu Kush, Superskunk and some more no or not many germination problems.

There are probably a few more but I don´t remember now. :watchplant:

Latest posts

Latest posts