What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Your plans for 2018? Seeds to buy, plants to run...

weedobix

ICMag Donor
Veteran
First thing im doing 2018 is a phenohunt run of Sour D ibl, been years since i grew that out. I have a bag full of f2's i made from years back.

grouchy

I'm going to start the year off with a hashplant/master kush scrog run in my micro cab under two cxa-3070 leds. This will be the final run of the cab I built back in 2008.

After that run I plan a complete rebuild with a 2x2 flower cab using vero cobs and EB strips and will start the hashplant/girl scout cookies breeding project and pheno hunt I've been putting off because I've never had room. The first pheno I ran of this mix was done in 8 weeks flat and had an amazing grape taste once cured. Everything that was bred with this hashplant has been covered in trichs and really kicks hard. I just flipped a male that was really short in height and plan on using that pollen to make some f2s early next year

Grojak

So many plans so little space..

I'll be running and/or breeding my:

Strawberry Cough Bx1 -Strawberry Cough x (Strawberry Cough x Blue Satelite 2.2) used my purple flowering SC x BS 2.2 dad and will be looking for a male to continue this BX project
OG Blues (pre99 DJS Blueberry -55 day indica x blue satelite 2.2) - looking for a male there to to BX the blue and also to pollinate a pre99 DJS BB 55 day sativa
Harlequin x Blue Satelite 2.2
Dynamite x Bubblegum (Serious Seeds)
Strawberry Cough BX2
Super Strawberry F2 (SC x BS 2.2) the mom is a great yielding purple blueberry pheno the father also purple flowering.

Others I will probably be breeding with:

Motorebels Apollo11 x Apollo13 - I got an original A11 I will polinate
Triple Purp Doja (BCS x DPD) - looing to back cross to the BCS
TRH Seeds - PCK I don't know what I want to do with it but sure I'll dust something with it, maybe UW Purple
Reeferman - Willie Nelson I hear there are some killer Vietnam black pheno's in there, don't know yet if it'll be breeding stock though.
Ace - Old Timer Haze if my patience permits I'll be crossing almost everything in the stable with a male of this just to play with later (these are part of the original testing stock and list which male and female was chosen in this cross, I believe the male is the same used in the line that is offered up)

I'll probably dust GSC and GG4 but everyone does that so unless I find some amazing combination I wont be trying to offer those up, maybe as freebies.

Grojak

I agree... i see the other point too... however theres a spot in the alcohol world for whisky n vodka (dabs), coors and bud light (production cheap bud), and Founders/New Belgium (top shelf bud)...

New Belgium is your top shelf beer? You must live in a tiny town?

farmerlion

Microbial Repositories
Premium user
Mentor
Veteran
420club
I guess I'm surprised to see dispensaries mids are considered top shelf stash. I guess if your chasing names of the latest greatest strain of the month club??? I've always felt the grower makes a strain elite. Not some catchy name stuck to mass produced bud. To each his own, enjoy your grows. Peace

A

acridlab

I'm sticking with the easier to trim, strains in 2018.

Gg4
True og
Triangle kush
Fire og
Forum gsc
Gelato33
Hammers kush

And after reading some of the above,,, im really thinking about getting some haze seeds going, too

Mango haze or ssh for sure..

Peace icmag fam

Americangrower

Veteran
I'm just going to continue what I started. Hoping to find a good male from the Weasel Diesel x Alien and the 69 Skunk. The plan is to hit AJ SD, Loompa underdog, Deathstar, Banner, Schmoe's Casey Jones and maybe Abusive Diesel if I find a nice 1 in the seeds I started.
First project to finish is the Banana OG f3 I have 6 males waiting to spread their dust.

mack 10

Veteran
I'm sticking with the easier to trim, strains in 2018.

Gg4
True og
Triangle kush
Fire og
Forum gsc
Gelato33
Hammers kush

And after reading some of the above,,, im really thinking about getting some haze seeds going, too

Mango haze or ssh for sure..

Peace icmag fam

ill take your whole line up...hahaha.
well ive got Glue:)
so i should thank my luckystars..

spill the beans on that gelato,33?
she the fire? or the hype?

icon

ICMag Donor
Veteran
I plan on making more seeds of some old lines i have & make some hybrids i am in the middle of doing some now:

Pakistan Chitral Kush (rainbow & royal purple phenos) will be crossed together for more color explosion

Bohdi's NL#5 & Purple People Eater are probably next but will probably be done outside in the summer.

strains to run for smoking that i just put in flower
Pine Tar Kush
LVPK x Hindu Kush x Deep chunk
Bloody Skunk auto
crystal candy auto

in veg now & will go into flower shortly
Candida (cbd)
Dinamed (cbd)
LVPK bx
Remo Chemo (ubc chemo x pre98 bubba)
PCK

spring time grow
Lapis Mtn Indica
Black Pearl - LVPK x Hindu Kush x DJ short Blueberry
sweet seeds - Green Poison FV,manderine xl auto

and possibly a few others i want to squeeze in
Gorilla Bubble bx4
Orange Grove - Calio x deep chunk x LVPK x hindu Kush
Mandala#1
THE FUN NEVER ENDS!

QUOTE=farmerlion;8155445]I guess I'm surprised to see dispensaries mids are considered top shelf stash. I guess if your chasing names of the latest greatest strain of the month club??? I've always felt the grower makes a strain elite. Not some catchy name stuck to mass produced bud. To each his own, enjoy your grows. Peace[/QUOTE]

Mids? Hell, reggie is cleaner on average and most dispo bud has less flavor than average brick weed.

There's a huge disconnect between cannoisseur growers and the majority of the buyers. They will smoke anything. These are the same people who were jokingly handed cow patties and potting soil in high school, actually thought it was weed, and reported back how high they got. Yes, I've seen it first hand. Half the pictures of brick weed on the internet is not weed. Thats what people have moved up from. As long as there's no seeds (or perlite) they think it's medical, straight up.

I see people walk into dispensaries, not even look at the bud, ask for a strain that's
out of stock, and take whatever substitution express checkout clerk comes up with as next most coolest named strain. Again, without even looking at the bud first,let alone checking its aroma (there is none other than grow products usually and they are absolutely fine with that)

Look at cigarettes. I cant smoke a Marlborough. My body physically rejects it. Roll my own, vegas, its all fine. There is something BAD wrong with the least common denominator products. Its almost like intentionally poisoning stupid people.. Most popular brand of smoke though.

Craft beer is not a multi billion dollar industry. Phillip Morris, the unsmokable cigarette is.

yts farmer

Veteran
Seeds ill be popping or at least plan on popping in 2018 below, nowhere near as long as some of you guys.

Greenteam genetics milkbone

Seedjunky sunset sherbet x high octane , sour diesel x animal cookies and wedding cake bx.

Mycotek hell breath, triple chem face, alien antifreeze and chemhead og.

Might also get a pack of lemon sorbet from inhouse genetics.

Peace.

rolandomota

Veteran
The lists on here are the main reason why i buy seeds. And by that i mean where are all the fucking sativas. I like stuff like ace Malawi and golden tiger also the new beyond the brain from mandala being released in 2018 (tomorrow) is interesting i also like pine and dont mind if its indica i already orderd some big freeze from beanhoarder and have my pine tar kush from verdant green but definitely the ace sativas are first in line. This year i will finally make my cannabiogen sativa purchases i start getting mad at myself for constantly wanting them but never buying not this year and last but not least....
Purple haze x Malawi and purple zamal x malawi

Last edited:

ambertrichome

Veteran
Coastal Seeds.. Heirloom NL1 x PNW Hashplant

Coastal Seeds.. Black Lights. 90s Black Domina x NL1

Swami Organic Seeds.
Blue Orca Haze, Nevils 88 NL5 x Haze,
Bliss,
The One x NL5/Hz,
Blue Orca x Road Kill Skunk......
IBL ROAD KILL SKUNK GUADALAJARA. PURE RKS, will be available late spring.
Original Cherry Bomb/Mr Greengenes/Maui Wowie IBL from 79.

Hazeman G13 x 88 Hashplant

there goes edro

Veteran
Just ordered Bodhi Time Bandit and Sunshine Daydream. Looking to purchase some Archive seeds. Will be popping Karma Headbanger, Bodhi Sunshine#4, and a few homemade crosses.

abirdintheair

Buteo Jamaicensis
Veteran
The lists on here are the main reason why i buy seeds. And by that i mean where are all the fucking sativas. I like stuff like ace Malawi and golden tiger also the new beyond the brain from mandala being released in 2018 (tomorrow) is interesting i also like pine and dont mind if its indica i already orderd some big freeze from beanhoarder and have my pine tar kush from verdant green but definitely the ace sativas are first in line. This year i will finally make my cannabiogen sativa purchases i start getting mad at myself for constantly wanting them but never buying not this year and last but not least....
Purple haze x Malawi and purple zamal x malawi

Ive tried germing out some older sativas with no luck, currently am trying to germ out fjalloja's(I know its spelled wrong) mountain high haze. also currently working a 100 day sage daze that was crossed to a purple urkle x 97 bubblegum in an effort to find 75/25 sat/indy leaners. plus I mentioned mango haze that's a sativa :biggrin::tiphat: