What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Your plans for 2018? Seeds to buy, plants to run...

Kushron

S1?

S1?

I’ll be getting dominion seed co dominion skunk for an outdoor run. Should be stank. I have some F13 f2 coming from a pal of mine. Running MNS devil, ASH, angels breathe from 2017, getting some old 2005 MNS SSH to reproduce, maybe some AJ sour s1s, ancestral skunk selection outdoor, f2ing aficionados magnum opus to chuck some pollen onto an aj s1, TheNatureFarm Hindu Pakistani x Skunk 18, I got three old Sensi Star seeds to try and grow, TGA Jacks cleaner 2 (I’ve heard watch for hermies), jaws gear trainwreck ogee, josh d og, gorilla bubble bx2, SFV Breath from Chunkypigs, maybe a few more. That’s the plan at least. Ill probably only get to some of them, but I have a plan.

Howd you get ahold of ajs strains?

Ncali

Veteran
Haze, cookie, and deep chunk crosses are the name of the games. Looking at some long flower sativas if I can work them in on the side of the flower tent. In order of furthest & most tentative, to closest in timeline & concrete:

Got some old beans, probably next fall. Whatever germinates + stable clones:

Sweet skunk x deep chunk
Diesel berry x deep chunk
Black widow x deep chunk

Going to run SSG farmers fire (cherry pie x bb f4) and bhodi granola funk, & maybe a lil csg cookie crosses in spring.

Winter is ace and haze... green haze x Honduras, nevil mango haze, skunk haze x Golden Tiger, Chang Mai x Malawi, NL x haze, Panama haze, sssdh x nl5 haze.

I haze no clue how it's going to fit. I'm also going to make a little pollination room for some f13 crosses to my f13 females, and various sativa crosses, should be fun!! I have a very crinkly male and female from the f13 throwback DJ & JD put out that I'd like to preserve The genes of. The female is so frosty and purple and just stacks bracts, no real "buds" and yields like crap lol. Want to keep her hehe

Best laid plans though:tiphat:

NC

JohnnyChicago

No need to buy seeds 2018.
- will be testing my incensey O. Haze crosses (Panama, Deep Chunk, GDP, Oldtimer's Haze)
- testing crosses I made with my favourite Panama Haze
- Northern Lights selection (Atomic's NL5 and CV's 425)

mushroombrew

Veteran
I am changing direction in 2018. I have been a top shelf indoor guy since 1990.

Always pride myself in my genetics.

But here is the thing. Top shelf days are numbered. The legal market and taxes make it hard to profit. The Jungle Boys will have to sell flower for $50-60 an 1/8th. Well nobody pays that much in CA.

So big farms will produce flower that can be sold cheap. Mids to be exact.

And they are producing way way too much already. So guess what they will do with it all?

Extracts.

With distillation flower quality is irrelevant. Isolates with terps added back. Way more bang for your buck than top shelf. Way more practical too.

So in 2018 I am no longer seeking genetics. I am considering selling my 40 strong elite stable.

I can buy bulk mids for $75/lb. Yielding 60G per unit=$600 wholesale

Hmm $75 turned into $600? Why am I growing flower?

Trust me Top Shelf will dissappear from the marketplace.

Unless you grow it yourself. Just don't expect to be able to sell it ok?

mushroombrew

Veteran
inquiring minds would like to know whats in that stable :biggrin:

Blue dream
Double Dream
Dream Queen
Dream Queen Tangie pheno
Purple Cadillac
Sour Diesel
Headband
Chem 4
Sour Patch Kids
GG#4
Grape Ape
Thin Mint GSC
Fire OG
Platinum OG
Gelato #33
Elmers Glue
Purple Badlands
Tangie
Skywalker OG
Boss OG
The White
Copper Chem
Goji OG
Corey Stardwg Hybrid
Key West cobbler (high CBD and really terpy)
Grape Stomper
Tennesse Kush
Obi wan OG
Bubblegum Fems
Elmers Glue
Rainbow Kush
Chem 91
Deer Breath
Headbanger #5
Sour Dubb
Firestorm #7
Code Red
Pink Panther
Road Warrior
Ghost OG
Gromberry Glue

About a dozen new strains in flower. And 6 legit cuts on the way.

highsteppa

Veteran
^^Is that key west cobbler a descendent of cherry cobbler (cherry pie x cherry/cookies)?

Going to start 2018 flowering out one all my moms to get a good look at everything. Rocking some personal selections along with the same old standbys.

Looking forward to outdoor season, going to pop more of the tk cross that did well in 2017, other seed work and some local cuts. Keeping on with the mother of berry because its really that fast and smelly :biggrin:

mushroombrew

Veteran
^^Is that key west cobbler a descendent of cherry cobbler (cherry pie x cherry/cookies)?

Going to start 2018 flowering out one all my moms to get a good look at everything. Rocking some personal selections along with the same old standbys.

Looking forward to outdoor season, going to pop more of the tk cross that did well in 2017, other seed work and some local cuts. Keeping on with the mother of berry because its really that fast and smelly :biggrin:

No it's a Greenpoint cross.

Kaya's High CBD Hemp x Florida '92 OG

non

Veteran
i have some uncertainty with my living situation next year so there's no definitive plans, but i hope to pop these:

peppermint kush
taskenti(again, and take a cut this time)

and these:

bangi haze(again..)
ciskei
purple mexican(again..)

and if there's a release at some point, grab these:

tha melon by karma genetics

M

moose eater

1.) Stay out of jail.

2.) Live well.

3.) See if there's a keeper in the Terpenado and Oroblanco Bodhi's seeds a friend gifted to me this last season.

4.) Maybe toy with planting some local crosses made by the same fellow, from Bomb Seeds THC Bomb, Strawberry Sour Diesel, and Super Lemon Haze, now referenced as Bomb Lemon Diesel.

5.) Maybe a trip through seeds acquired from vendors over the last decade or so, that have mostly already been tested, to see if anything in there still strikes my interest.

6.) Not in last place by any means, but see what transpires in Mystic Funk's application of my loosely planned germination formula for truly OLD seed stocks from long-ago and far away land races (Red/Orange Thai, Kush, Acapulco Gold Colombian Gold, etc.) and see if I can induce something other than controlled rotting in another effort toward bringing them to life...

7.) Stay out of jail.

8.) Live well.

JetLife175

Veteran
Only thing planned so far this upcoming year is dropping some Josh D OG seedline pollen on the actual Josh D clone and going from there. I see a lot of pheno hunting in my future haha.

H

Huckster79

I don't buy that man. Top shelf will always sell. Just most people don't know what top shelf is.

I agree... i see the other point too... however theres a spot in the alcohol world for whisky n vodka (dabs), coors and bud light (production cheap bud), and Founders/New Belgium (top shelf bud)...

mushroombrew

Veteran
I agree... i see the other point too... however theres a spot in the alcohol world for whisky n vodka (dabs), coors and bud light (production cheap bud), and Founders/New Belgium (top shelf bud)...

Ahh the alcohol analogy...

Ok I will run with it.

Imagine here is a massive over supply of Beer. So much that it cannot be sold easily. People buy beer in bulk and distill it. They produce grain alcohol. And it is really strong and clean. They can sell it very cheap. Not even twice as much as beer. And it gets you F'd up.

You want to make vodka from potatoes and think people will pay 3 times for your quality? Ok good luck!

Tons. Yes I said tons of flower is going to extracts.

At the end of prohibition massive amounts of cheap alcohol was produced. No top shelf market at first. That takes decades to develop.

Look for yourself. How long did it take for craft beers to catch on?

Right now this is a huge mids marketplace. CA will produce enough flower for the whole country. It won't sell. It will go to extracts. They will get cheaper and cheaper. $10/G retail for extracts is possible by the end of 2020. Who will pay $50 1/8th for flower?

Nobody.

Don't let your emotional attachment to flower steer you wrong.

I am following trends. And see oversupply issues. Some call it Hedging.

So I am pursuing extracts and distillation. Flower will be so damn cheap at the end of next season.

Growers by the thousands are growing next season. I will buy up their barn full's around Jan 2019 when they are sweating.

Cannavore

Veteran
Ive re-sold single 16oz cans of top quality beer for $25 before. I know people that have waited 6+ hours in the freezing cold standing on line for beer releases.

The market for quality will exist. This is the information age not the 1920's.

Kankakee

problem is many people start believing " hype " regarding quality and don't understand it can be had in new seed runs ( ie: clone " only " hype ) is crashing upon itself as markets gone loco regarding genetics ....

only the forum snobs care about history or this or that genetic. all the big growers in Illinois / dispensary are now making new lines with new names.

the other 99% will be happy with bud grown or smoked. and pen's wipe this hype out also even faster as everyone moving towards oil and taste thats manipulated. a guy is getting pens from cali that are clear and taste of pure blueberry and people go ...... lady gaga' oooohhhh wow .... this will be the norm as price crash and big boys saturate markets / crashing price point -

'Boogieman'

Im a guerilla grower in an illegal state but i feel like im always behind the ball, I need to find better strains for my climate at 42°N midwest. I will grow Durban Poison again, maybe hit or miss from seed Blue Widow and Special queen again, i will try Bangi Haze. I really need help or suggestions something new i been researching good outdoor strains since 2010 and im still doing it lol.