What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Your overall favourite coffeyshop in Amsterdam?

page1

I have been to amsterdam twice and both times i never got the most out of the experience. Usualy i would just be walking down a street with a friend and then we would go in any old coffeyshop just for the sake of it. And now we know that there seem to be alot more shitty coffeyshops than good ones because we only saw 1-2 we actualy liked alot.

And a very large amount of both trips were just me and my friend getting lost and walking for hours trying to find somewhere good and then getting lost some more. And alot of the smaller shops seem realy expensive.

so what is your overall favourite coffeyshop and a good reason for your choice??

Last edited:
B

baccas125

Pink Floyd its a clean coffee shop with a super friendly staff. They offer the same cannabis menu as the dampring. Give them a shot you will not regret it. The second floor smoke room is great we had one hell of a party there for 4/20. Still can't say enuff about them. By the way its west on the Haarlemm straat right before Barneys.

booforever

Impossible to pick only one hehe...but my fave haunt has always been Siberie(its near the Doors and Rokerij on the right side of town as you come out central station). I never really see people biggin it up and tbh i've found the gear to be kinda average compared to say Katsu or the 'Kring chain (although their "Warm Ears" hash was well nice a coupla years back), but it's a real nice clean, bright shop with plenty space, cool staff, loadsa nice juices, and some nice spacey electronic tunes on the go usually, oh and they used to have a pinball machine but i dunno if its still there...
Like i said, impossible to pick just one, and on my last trip in may i eventually made it to Katsu and got that "where have you been all my life?" feeling...it's a bit out of the way but what a cool little place, the staff again were real nice and the gear was excellent, the Sulu hash was gorgeous and the crystal clear was knockout...and theres the Albert Cuyp market and Sarhati park to float around after your visit.

G

kadisnky is a favourite of mine now the new laws are in force ,,get ya weed in the coffeshop then jump out the door into the bar less than 5ft away ,not a bad pint as well as decent weed/hash ,,although the nycd was slightly damp last week,,the caramella and brown sugar hases are great though

l33t

Veteran
I like amnesia coffeeshop and 420cafe ... both for providing a nice environment and nice hazes :joint:

G

Went for first Time this year, Found a few that where good for chillin.
like Hunters in the day(check the sativa kushage), Grey area for top bud (chocolope a.k.a D-line awsome) but too small too chill! unless not busy like 1st thing in morn! But my favourite i found in five days was the Bluebird, really nice to chill upstairs with some of there High rise haze or jack herer. some nice cheap deals on good bud in here too.

Grat3fulh3ad

The Voice of Reason
Veteran
Da Dampkring, nice late night hang out ... rifman hashes are good...

Dutch Flowers if you can catch the balcony table and a nice chunk of their temple ball... Chill all day and watch the world pass by..

Katsu, I've always enjoyed...

Rokerij is cool atmosphere too and had sour diesel...

Amneisia, before they were bought out by barneys, was another favorite...

Queso

yeah thats too bad about amnesia eh Gratefulhead... it was too one of my favs until barneys bought it out and started to sell there gear out of there...

i must say that the dampkring/twede kamer/pink floyd has the best gear...

Rosy Cheeks

dancin' cheek to cheek
Veteran
I used to love de Dampkring, it was always one of my first stops in A-dam. Lately though, I've been a bit frustrated by the sometimes very young vendors who doesn't really know much about anything.
This guy in there told me Black Domina was an up-high smoke, and when I gently tried to explain to him that he was about as wrong as he could be, I realized he didn't have a clear concept of what a Sativa or an Indica was.
So de Dampkring, please send your weekend staff to Cannabis college, just to learn the basics.
Are they still screening the Ocean's 12 clips in repeat mode on their widescreen? I got a bit too much of that too. It's cool that some scenes from the film was shot in there, but you don't have to rub it in.

At the Grey Area, they know what they're talking about, and it's right across the river to the Seedboutique.
Tweede Kamer is my personal cosy corner, a great place to light up some Kali Mist.

ibtokin

Pink Floyd is my overall favorite absolutely. i havent been there since the 'dampkring buyout' but it sounds like its still the same old place with a new menu. the staff are the friendliest ive met at any shop in the dam. truly nice people. its the best shop ive found to chill in. lots of space, but it might be a bit more crowded since the buyout.

i like rusland a lot as well. its not that large, but the strawberry shakes are great and they have a nice little lounge area to smoke in.

the dolphin is also an awesome place to chill and smoke downstairs. really comfy couches

G

My favourite coffeeshop for smoke is the grey area, followed by De Dampkring. But my favourite coffeeshop for enjoying the herbs I've purchsed is easily the Bulldog in the Red Light District. Nothing beats those comfortable leather booths. Nice and private.

I hate to be jammed in one spot with everyone. It's too uncomfortable.

I also like the smoke from Barney's(please, don't give me a hard time about this). While many don't like Barney's, I have never been done wrong by them. Each time I have visited them the service was nice, the guys behind the counter always offered to show me they're most potent, and they're best tasting, and their best smelling grass and hashes.

~SeñorSativa~

Grat3fulh3ad

The Voice of Reason
Veteran
I don't have a problem with anything about barneys customer service... It's their actions behind the scenes that make them not respectable... when you rat growers out, just to acquire their cuts.... :chin:

Last edited:

our kid

i have been to the dam a good few times wat the guys says about the pink floyd it is bang on nice big english dude nice guy anyways i think my favourite is THE HILL STEET BLUES i love that coffie shop happy daze ps i heard the pink floyd got took over so i dont no if the big english guy is there or not dont no if any of the guys mite no anyways enough babling our kid

DocLeaf

procreationist
ICMag Donor
Veteran
Ricks Cafe - because it's still an ill-kept Brown-bar. Much unlike many of the original coffeeshops in Dam Ricks has retained a sense of it's urban charm. The bits are average (about as good as they are at home), but it is the best place to chill out and soak up the unique vibe of the Red Light.

Greenhouse Waterlooplein - for all of the opposite reasons given above. A commercial hangout, commercial dope, totally typifies the coffeeshop culture in modern Amsterdam. If it's hospitality, that people are after, then Waterlooplein is perhaps the best.

Grey Area - is just an experience in itself. Cool chaps, nice menu, great fruit drinks.

Last edited:
G

Grat3fulh3ad said:
I don't have a problem with anything about barneys customer service... It's their actions behind the scenes that make them not respectable... when you rat growers out, just to acquire their cuts.... :chin:

You see, I did not know that, and to be honest, I don't respect that type of behaviour at all.

Hmm.Maybe next time I'll think twice before being a patron at a rats nest. Thanks for sharing the information, señor h3ad.

~SeñorSativa~

smurfin'herb

Registered Cannabis User
Veteran
Well im surprised nobody goes to centrall coffeeshop. Its kinda small, but its like the first stop from the train station on the way to dam square. I definitaley reccomend to go there next time and ask for a sac of some buddha! then prepare yourself! :rasta: