What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

You know you live in the country if......

Capt.Ahab

Feeding the ducks with a bun.
Veteran
When you look into the grain bin and find one of these fuckers grinning back at you.
opossum.jpg

kaochiu

Veteran
You guys are watching the bullfight from the other side of the fence, i'd like to see some of you here picking the eggs. Friends and family also find it funny and i could write a book just with their witty comments, but almost none of them would cross that gate. Almost...
I'm just a retired playboy reinvented as farmer, and the last Mrs K stayed in town long ago choosing shoes while i went for cigarrettes, but actually there's a girl that sometimes enters the dragon, and yeah, Tejero seems at ease with her. She's actually the reason why he's still alive for: Angry rooster or angry woman?
I've also tried by allowing him to attack and not paying attention, protected with tall wellies and a leather apron, to show him the sheer futility of it. He stopped after the third charge, but started to sing non stop around me, and when i was leaving he still tried once more.
I'm sure his teachings will come handy sometime, that too. Looks like he's winning the pulse so far, yeah, first to admit it. No enemy is too small, folks.
Everyday i've got to individually feed too many beasts, some of them are 100 times bigger and far more dangerous, or friendly, for that matter. Pigs themselves, watch out. Easy to manage one by one, but when a dozen of them run at you, the food bucket won't help much. Loosing the equilibrium and falling down is a possibility on that muddy ground, and pigs will totally eat you bone dried if they can, then will crunch your bones and eat them too. A stick and authority are your only tools to stop that from happening. Some mornings i enter with neither, like dead man walking.
Anyway, since the majority has chosen B (thanks for ruining today's lunch) let's introduce Tejero. It's a bad photo i've just made with my old mobile, but there you go.

redlaser

Veteran
I would try using water on the rooster, like a squirt bottle that can shoot a straight stream about ten feet at least. The roosters we have really don't like to get wet.
The two I have only act tough and fluff up a lot and put their head down, sometimes one jumps on my shoulder but that's about it.
They are very vocal though, that gets old quick when your right next to them, too loud. Plus they are kind of like motion sensors, as soon as they see you or anything new they let everyone know somethings up.
I put up with them so far because they look out for the hens. Hens are well fenced, but every little bit helps, even if it's just a warning the roosters give.

Lost a frilled silky rooster that was actually really funny to have around. He was actually aggressive enough to attack me when my back was turned but nothing serious. Funny to watch because they have a lot of extra feathers and this one was black and looked like a made up toy or like a witch doctor chicken toy.
The funniest part was he wouldn't run straight at you, he would shuffle kind of sideways at an angle like he was being stealthy or something.

Stoner4Life

Medicinal Advocate
ICMag Donor
Veteran

a couple of years ago my 'across the highway' neighbor got themselves a rooster, oh yeah, cock-a doodle-doo from sunup to sundown, sometimes the damned thing was right outside my windows. The little fucker couldn't get killed in the 55mph zone between our homes???

Anyway one night there's a knock on my door, it's the cute little neighbor girl and her mom, I open the door and the girl is standing there with that rooster in her arms, how'd she catch that thing :dunno:

"I think we caught your rooster!" Jenny said, I thought about thanking them and accepting their gift of future silence but the joyful look on the girls face kept the grim reaper from that birds throat that night, I pointed out the owners home.......

Psyco G

a couple of years ago my 'across the highway' neighbor got themselves a rooster, oh yeah, cock-a doodle-doo from sunup to sundown, sometimes the damned thing was right outside my windows. The little fucker couldn't get killed in the 55mph zone between our homes???

Anyway one night there's a knock on my door, it's the cute little neighbor girl and her mom, I open the door and the girl is standing there with that rooster in her arms, how'd she catch that thing :dunno:

"I think we caught your rooster!" Jenny said, I thought about thanking them and accepting their gift of future silence but the joyful look on the girls face kept the grim reaper from that birds throat that night, I pointed out the owners home.......

We used to have a peacock when I lived at mum n dads, that would come in our garden every morning and wake me up, it would walk from the farm about 200 yards up the road and stand and make this god awful noise. So I would from time to time be a bit hung over from the night before and to shut the bird up I would throw whatever was to hand at it until it got the message and fucked off. After a few times of this happening he learned to stand just out of range before he would let rip. I discussed it with the lads over a few drinks and was handed a fishing bait catapult, this I kept next to my bed and didn't really think much about it. One Saturday morning a few weeks later he came as usual like every other morning, this one particular morning I layed there as he let rip over and over again. After about the third time of waking up I spied the catapult and had a brainwave, I'll get the fucker I thought, rifled through the draw and found three marbles. I didn't want to hurt him just scare him off so I loaded all three in one go and fired them at him they hit just in front of him and he tore off under the hedge and that was that, I went back to sleep and dreamed of happy things. Later that morning I was down stairs having a cup of tea with mum when dad came round the corner looking well pissed off, in his hand he had a dead peacock, I'm not sure how it died as it ran off when I flung some marbles at it but it was dead, and I was in the bad books dad was sure I'd shot it with the air rifle. He was more pissed that I hadn't gone out and picked it up, he wasn't that bothered I'd shot it as it used to wake him up to. Peacocks are classed as the queens birds so you can get fucked for shooting them, like I said it ran off from me so I can only sum ise somthing happened to it after and it came to are garden to die. Needless to say we all had a nice lay in the next day.

Snook

Still Learning
Veteran
We used to have a peacock when I lived at mum n dads, that would come in our garden every morning and wake me up, it would walk from the farm about 200 yards up the road and stand and make this god awful noise. So I would from time to time be a bit hung over from the night before and to shut the bird up I would throw whatever was to hand at it until it got the message and fucked off. After a few times of this happening he learned to stand just out of range before he would let rip. I discussed it with the lads over a few drinks and was handed a fishing bait catapult, this I kept next to my bed and didn't really think much about it. One Saturday morning a few weeks later he came as usual like every other morning, this one particular morning I layed there as he let rip over and over again. After about the third time of waking up I spied the catapult and had a brainwave, I'll get the fucker I thought, rifled through the draw and found three marbles. I didn't want to hurt him just scare him off so I loaded all three in one go and fired them at him they hit just in front of him and he tore off under the hedge and that was that, I went back to sleep and dreamed of happy things. Later that morning I was down stairs having a cup of tea with mum when dad came round the corner looking well pissed off, in his hand he had a dead peacock, I'm not sure how it died as it ran off when I flung some marbles at it but it was dead, and I was in the bad books dad was sure I'd shot it with the air rifle. He was more pissed that I hadn't gone out and picked it up, he wasn't that bothered I'd shot it as it used to wake him up to. Peacocks are classed as the queens birds so you can get fucked for shooting them, like I said it ran off from me so I can only sum ise somthing happened to it after and it came to are garden to die. Needless to say we all had a nice lay in the next day.
I I know what happened to it after it ran a way... the 1 marble that hit it in the head/neck/breast took a while to take affect..
hear they taste like chicken?? you did eat it right?

Stoner4Life

Medicinal Advocate
ICMag Donor
Veteran
You know you live in the country if.......

You know you live in the country if.......

just like your trusty ol' mare, your four
wheeler also knows its own way home.
aaa2072_zpsokqrshse.gif

VERMONSTAH

You know your in northeastern "country" when they are still servin these at the local pub!

Attachments

• 20160731_202742.jpg
    20160731_202742.jpg
    47.4 KB · Views: 12
  • 20160731_204328.jpg
    20160731_204328.jpg
    43.4 KB · Views: 12
  • 20160731_204350.jpg
    20160731_204350.jpg
    46.2 KB · Views: 12
  • 20160731_204359.jpg
    20160731_204359.jpg
    59.3 KB · Views: 10
  • 20160731_204428.jpg
    20160731_204428.jpg
    52.8 KB · Views: 10

Psyco G

I I know what happened to it after it ran a way... the 1 marble that hit it in the head/neck/breast took a while to take affect..
hear they taste like chicken?? you did eat it right?

I'd say more like turkey, well that's what I'm told anyway

Latest posts

Latest posts