What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

You know you live in the country if......

CosmicGiggle

Veteran
not into grammar, just reality, kids getting hurt like it's not their fault vs. kids hurting themselves when they have no one else to blame. :D

........ but speaking of reality, these aren't kids, let's not sugar coat it, they're older teenagers (16+) with cars and not much else to do when they live in the country!

igrowone

Veteran
not into grammar, just reality, kids getting hurt like it's not their fault vs. kids hurting themselves when they have no one else to blame. :D

........ but speaking of reality, these aren't kids, let's not sugar coat it, they're older teenagers (16+) with cars and not much else to do when they live in the country!

you want to play the adult games you can get the adult penalties if things don't work out

CosmicGiggle

Veteran
Well, it's sad but for teens and young adults living in the country who need to get out of the house there really isn't much to escape too.

I always visited a tiny town out in the country in Bumfk, PA and got to know some of the kids. The only 2 boys I got to know were both dead by they're early 20's,

driving alone, speeding late at night, just for fun, just to get away from Mom and Dad, breath fresh air.

igrowone

Veteran
Well, it's sad but for teens and young adults living in the country who need to get out of the house there really isn't much to escape too.

I always visited a tiny town out in the country in Bumfk, PA and got to know some of the kids. The only 2 boys I got to know were both dead by they're early 20's,

driving alone, speeding late at night, just for fun, just to get away from Mom and Dad, breath fresh air.

I can say much the same, all too many I knew went in similar directions
penalties can double up as opportunities
kids like that have raw potential, in days of old into the military they would go
get killed in a foreign war? their odds are much better in the military war or peace

Snook

Still Learning
Veteran
I can say much the same, all too many I knew went in similar directions
penalties can double up as opportunities
kids like that have raw potential, in days of old into the military they would go
get killed in a foreign war? their odds are much better in the military war or peace

I'd be a statistic if it wasn't for the military. :groupwave:
OTOH, the military is mostly responsible for my disabilities but I've skated thru to 73 still alive and give allot of credit for still being on this earth to the military.. Wasnt on a good track b4.

CosmicGiggle

Veteran
So, who foresees a drought coming? I'm not talking about California or the West as it's already there, leftover from last year, but the rest of the USA /world etc.

The reason I say this is that it's been a really crappy Spring here in Western NC and alla the way up to Baltimore. Mostly cold and grey with lots and lots of rain, just like today!

In my experience a rainy Spring (seeds washed away or roots drowned, not enough warmth/sun) means no rain in the Summer.

What's your prediction, what does the Farmer's Almanac say, how are your bones feeling?? :D

armedoldhippy

Veteran
So, who foresees a drought coming? I'm not talking about California or the West as it's already there, leftover from last year, but the rest of the USA /world etc.

The reason I say this is that it's been a really crappy Spring here in Western NC and alla the way up to Baltimore. Mostly cold and grey with lots and lots of rain, just like today!

In my experience a rainy Spring (seeds washed away or roots drowned, not enough warmth/sun) means no rain in the Summer.

What's your prediction, what does the Farmer's Almanac say, how are your bones feeling?? :D

looking bad. drought on west coast extending into midwest, breadbasket of the world. in spite of news-making floods, it is looking dry...dammit.

shithawk420

Veteran
It's storming here in the Midwest.i love rain but it's almost flooding right now.i can't tell if it's passings or not.its supposed to rain for a while..I'm trying to figure if I should disconnect my tv and stuff

St. Phatty

looking bad. drought on west coast extending into midwest, breadbasket of the world. in spite of news-making floods, it is looking dry...dammit.

Why is the US unable to create a system of Aqueducts (etc.) so the states that are flooding,
can share their water with the states that are in drought ?

Maybe they could even sell their water.

Edit - has anybody ever drunk water with agricultural lime in it ?

accidentally or whatever. Just wonder if it had a taste.

CosmicGiggle

Veteran
........ but what about alla the hoarders who lived in the city and brought alla the stuff with 'em when they moved to the country??? :tongue::eek:: :whistling:

The Bots are definitely here, looky, looky at what just popped up:

HOARDING | SEARCH ADS/
SPONSORED
Take a Look at the Best Hoarding Cleanup Services in Asheville

It took 'them' alla 10 days to catch up to me.

Have I done any searches related to 'hoarding' or 'clean=up services'?

HELL NO!!!!

....... and just for the records 'Bots', as long as I still have a clear path to walk through the house, I'm good, tnx for the concern! :tongue: :moon:

flylowgethigh

Non-growing Lurker
ICMag Donor

my grass was turning brown so I started watering. After a couple days of watering the rains came. I had put out 1000 pounds of Urea before the rains, and now I think I should have put out more.

Here is a pretty good chart to watch the water. Shows giggleland to be slightly dry currently. Can't say that about south LA. Will this be another fire season in the NorCal hills?

https://www.cpc.ncep.noaa.gov/soilms...mrf1.daily.gif

curr.w.mrf1.daily.gif

armedoldhippy

Veteran
Why is the US unable to create a system of Aqueducts (etc.) so the states that are flooding,
can share their water with the states that are in drought ?

Maybe they could even sell their water.

Edit - has anybody ever drunk water with agricultural lime in it ?

accidentally or whatever. Just wonder if it had a taste.

expensive. when situation REQUIRES it, it will get done...maybe. be nice to fill Cali's reservoirs with flood water from somewhere else. the laws of gravity are harsh, lol. farmers etc are draining the continents aquifers faster than ol' Mother Nature can refill them. frackers not helping by polluting what is left.

star crash

We Will Get By ... We Will Survive
ICMag Donor
Veteran
Just had a "deep stoner thought" about a lot of things that I've just been taking for granted, for the last 8 years...

It's a little different living in the country, but I LOVE it!!

"You know you live in the country if"....
You own a 4x4 just so you can get down your own driveway and the street you live on...:biggrin:

:bump:
926ECD49-52EB-4D2C-B8B5-84B4E092FEF7.jpeg
07424B32-8D36-4AB7-B9AF-42177ABBFCF0.jpeg

Latest posts

Latest posts