What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

You know you live in the country if......

hubcap

StackinCalyxs
Veteran
you know you live in the country........

when the town horse dies, drivers improvement and sexual education are cancelled until further notice.

:)

-cap

Bud Green

I dig dirt
Veteran
You know you live in the country if......

you're used to the fact that you're gonna get horse shit on your car's tires, just from driving on the paved, little country roads where you live...

St. Phatty

you know you live in the country........

when the town horse dies, drivers improvement and sexual education are cancelled until further notice.

:)

-cap

Not entirely fictional.

In Calif. I knew a guy from Texas whose father counseled him on how to avoid rape charges.

Said if his needs became "too great", livestock were cheaper than a jail rap.

hayday

Veteran
25 days and counting down,i'm going to find out what its like to live in the country.I'm movin,if I dont get killed or caught...
Down the road in a cloud of smoke

CosmicGiggle

Veteran
25 days and counting down,i'm going to find out what its like to live in the country.I'm movin,if I dont get killed or caught...
Down the road in a cloud of smoke

Congrats hayday, you've made the right choice, yer gonna love it, hope ya get out in time! :yay:

St. Phatty

So what's more valuable

Fly Traps - those sticky roll kind, that hang from the ceiling & collect flies, 10 for $2

Cigarettes

Jack Daniels

Primo Cannabis

As nice as it is to have Jack Daniels & Cannabis, and as useful as cigs may be in trade ... seems like the thing it might suck the most to go without, is fly traps.

Though maybe you guys are smart enough to not open a window that doesn't have a window screen.

St. Phatty

You're out in the country when...
when it takes 5 minutes to load a picture b/c you have satellite internet lol

Satellite internet is fast.

If it's slow it's because the internet provider has 500 customers sharing the same Big Transmitter-Receiver on the local Utility tower.

And they're all paying $30 a month.

They're cash-flowing some serious $.

When I got the country wireless the individual Transmitter-Receiver was about $250, one time expense. I wonder how much they are now. It's fast enough to watch live sports in medium resolution.

armedoldhippy

Veteran
when the "kind of" tame groundhogs in your yard undermine your shed to the point that you have to pry corners up, fill holes with rocks, & pour QuickCrete around them. they aint trapped, many exits for them, lol... like watching the little ones grazing in the clover.

St. Phatty

It's probably more common in the country for a favorite bird to sneak indoors, especially after a serious round of predator attacks, and to lay her eggs under your desk. She was the only bird that got slashed and lived, in 2018.

What people in the Suburbs may be missing out on, is the SMELL of the office if one (or was it 2 ?) of those eggs turn out to be Rotten ...

That's the price you pay for letting Brave Birds roost under your desk.

At least you tell yourself they're brave.

Too bad we don't have scratch & sniff web pages. Then I could share that country rotten egg smell with you ! :)

buzzmobile

Veteran
when the "kind of" tame groundhogs in your yard undermine your shed to the point that you have to pry corners up, fill holes with rocks, & pour QuickCrete around them. they aint trapped, many exits for them, lol... like watching the little ones grazing in the clover.

gasser.jpeg

I have used Gopher Gasser brand to control armadillos that know how to throw a shed off level. These are bigger.

armedoldhippy

Veteran
odd that you bring up armadillos. used to have to drive to central 'bama to find one. this year, our G&F folks say they are found in every county of the state. found one ran over 2 years back in Hawkins Co, while going deer hunting, all my buddies laughed saying "crazy fucker can't tell a possum from a 'dillo!" just a possum on the half-shell, ya know...LOL!