What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Yogurt Cup Challenge

bugman52

Bug Scissor Hand
Veteran
That's a pretty good idea Small time. There are so many folks here chunking pollen that it shouldn't be too hard to find a willing donor.

I would think something could be worked out with Clarence. Say 5 seeds per entrant, $10 to the Bay ($8 shipping and a couple extra as a thank you).

100 seeds would be good for 20 people, which would be record participation. Extras could just go out as freebies.

Shit - Id donate them myself. It doesn't really matter if anyone wants the cross or not - its just for yogi cup fun.

Hell I probley have a 100 seeds of a couple of my crosses.LOL

bugman52

Bug Scissor Hand
Veteran
I was thinking NO autoflowers... just to even the field a lil bit... autos are kinda MADE for what we are doing, seems kinda like cutting corners to use a strain that doesn't depend on photoperiod.... just my opinion....

well, i'll give it a few more days of discussion here and then will post up new thread for new yogi cup challenge.

I got some seeds im in.
INDICA SATIVA?????

I got some seeds im in.
INDICA SATIVA?????

Unless we have an all in with seeds, I'm going to go with some Chunky Cheese. Things might depend if these old seeds are viable. Second choice is Bubba Kush x Deep Chunk, and if those don't pop, a nice stand by of Boggle Gum.

Avinash.miles

Caregiver Extraordinaire
ICMag Donor
Veteran
SO
yhea, lets just tentatively say seeds only, no autos,
new thread will be up in the next week or so, and call to entries will begin then.

what do yall feel about container size? still go 6 oz yogi cups, or go to beer cups and allow more time to veg? 16oz beer cups again?

Dropped Cat

Six Gummi Bears and Some Scotch
Veteran
Should all the growers use the same medium, and what about the
lights. nothing over 150w?

Beer or yogi, I say stick with the yogi. But maybe grower's choice.

Good stuff.

Eighths-n-Aces

Veteran
what if you don't own/have anything less than a 400w and use anything less than 1000w in flower? gonna be tough to get anybody to revamp the whole grow show so they can play.

grow media is another topic that always starts a debate around here too. IMHO more possibilities=more ideas=more to learn = a good thing

yogi or beer cup shouldn't matter because they are both kinda small, but i would say that from seed a yogi would definitely be more challenging, but mixing the two might not be seen as fair to everybody

not an argument, just my two cents

L

lemongrove

what if you don't own/have anything less than a 400w and use anything less than 1000w in flower? gonna be tough to get anybody to revamp the whole grow show so they can play.

grow media is another topic that always starts a debate around here too. IMHO more possibilities=more ideas=more to learn = a good thing

yogi or beer cup shouldn't matter because they are both kinda small, but i would say that from seed a yogi would definitely be more challenging, but mixing the two might not be seen as fair to everybody

not an argument, just my two cents

Agree. The only thing that should be the same for everyone is the container size. All growing types, all lights and all nutrients should be allowed. If almost everything is the same it would be boring.
I learned a lot the last contest by using a growing style I had never used before. I didn't grow some strain that was some great yielder but I got a great yield because of the growing style.
About the only new thing that makes sense to me now that I think about it is using the same strain; that is if that strain has been bred down to have basically one phenotype. Don't know if that is even possible but if it is that would make it interesting.
To see what a bunch of different people can get from using all different types of growing styles would be interesting. That way maybe we would could see that best way to grow that strain.
If some rich fucker would buy or donate about 100 seeds of a strain a lot of people would like to grow, pass them out and sponsor this contest, hell it would be epic. I just read where Super Lemon Haze is back in stock. I know just the rich fucker to do this. Hey Arjan I got a great promotion for you!

Dropped Cat

Six Gummi Bears and Some Scotch
Veteran
I get it, any light, any medium, any strain, salts or poop.

Same size container for all, maybe have two threads,
for each pot size.

Highest yield is the goal, could be fun!

In previous demos I got some good data, going from
seed this time will be another chance to get more
info on my grow techniques.

I'm in.

bugman52

Bug Scissor Hand
Veteran
SO
yhea, lets just tentatively say seeds only, no autos,
new thread will be up in the next week or so, and call to entries will begin then.

what do yall feel about container size? still go 6 oz yogi cups, or go to beer cups and allow more time to veg? 16oz beer cups again?

Im up 4 a little bigger container [seeds & all] 16 oz beer cup?? or whatever.
ANY type light.
EDIT ALL TYPES OF LIGHT LOL

Im up 4 a little bigger container [seeds & all] 16 oz beer cup?? or whatever.
ANY type light.
EDIT ALL TYPES OF LIGHT LOL

Eh. I think Yogi is perfect, but that is because I have no worries. Last time I screwed it bad with heat, damn near killing it, and still pulled some decent numbers. And I used seeds. You guys that use/used mainly clones to grow, forget you lose a week or more germinating.

All types of light, YES. All I have are LED for stealth and heat.

5th

Veteran
... autos are kinda MADE for what we are doing, seems kinda like cutting corners to use a strain that doesn't depend on photoperiod.... just my opinion....

My opinion is the opposite. No plant chooses to live its life in a cup...

Beer cup or yogurt container should be the first rule.
Time frame should be the second.
Never genetics...

Light, nutes or any of that other shit that doesn't and shouldn't make a tinkers fuck of difference.

I'm in on this coming round Avi. :tiphat:

Last edited:

Avinash.miles

Caregiver Extraordinaire
ICMag Donor
Veteran
ok yall, new thread coming soon, new rules and guidelines will be posted there,
so
untill then,
ANY suggestions on next rounds rules or regs should be posted HERE in this thread.

there will be NO stipulations dictating LIGHTS or ENVIRONMENT, only media volume (container size)

TheRealHash

Horticultural enthusiast
ICMag Donor
Veteran
Novote.jpg
[/url]
screen capture tool[/IMG]

HAHA

Avinash.miles

Caregiver Extraordinaire
ICMag Donor
Veteran
LOL
MY OWN snake has come to bite me, what exactly are you no voting real hash? and welcome to yogi cup gardeing, therealhash, you wanna jump in for next round?

TheRealHash

Horticultural enthusiast
ICMag Donor
Veteran
LOL
MY OWN snake has come to bite me, what exactly are you no voting real hash? and welcome to yogi cup gardeing, therealhash, you wanna jump in for next round?

lol nothing just tryna be funny

I might get down on that contest

And its just Hash, nash.

I'm just the one and only Ha$h.

5th

Veteran
Ive got these huge ass 8 oz "water to swallow your pills" cups. Ready to Blow-It-Up!

Brother Avi break it down for me here...

Like 90% of the universe I use the metric system.

I'm looking for yogurt in a 175g container?

Last edited:
Brother Avi break it down for me here...

Like 90% of the universe I use the metric system.

I'm looking for yogurt in a 236ml container?

Yes. Beer is an 8 ounce, and Yogurt is 6 ounce. There is no challenge in an 8 ounce cup. :)

Last edited:

5th

Veteran
Yes. Beer is an 8 ounce, and Yogurt is 6 ounce. There is no challenge in an 8 ounce cup. :)

8 ounce beer?

picture.php

What do ya do? Pour the rest out?

I was standing in the super market last night and was confronted with a wall of yogurt (didn't realize the shit was so popular) It comes in tubs, tubes, buckets, well apparently every size container.

Just trying to get specifics Small time...thanks for your help.

Latest posts

Latest posts