What's new

Yogurt Cup Challenge

Status
Not open for further replies.

wildgrow

, The Ghost of
Veteran
WARNING! YOGI CUPS HARBOR DOOM FOR EARTH!

picture.php

Time travelling Evil Baboon Chicken Men From Outer Space!

picture.php

audioguy

I haven't updated since like week 2, but I chopped my yogurt cup tonight and I figured I'd snap some pics. It still had some white pistils growing but I'm going on vacation for a week and I'm pretty sure this thing would die without any attention for that long.

It was 8 weeks and 2 days into 12/12.

Here's a ruler pic, I measured from the top of the yogurt cup, ended up being 9.5".

Here it is after a quick trim, I cut the stem in two pieces.

I'll post a dry weight later.

Honestly, this thing was one of my better grows so far. I'm growing a scrog of the same plant (not in a yogurt cup lol), so I'm hoping I can get the same kind of yield per branch, but I'm gonna let that one go for at least 10 weeks.

wildgrow

, The Ghost of
Veteran
Damn audio! That's not a bad haul at all. Great coloring too!

Ive noticed that a plant I throw into my grow as an afterthought (to get my #s), is usually already 2 months along in a 1 g pot - they often turn out chunkier and stankier than the plants with plenty of wiggle room.

EDIT: Avi, that's what I get for dropping WAY too many doses in the 90s.

O

otis33

So I passed out early last night and forgot to water then did the same thing tonight. I woke up a few minutes ago and remembered the yogis...they were all tipped on their sides completely dried and wilted. It is quite a challenge to care for a plant in such a small container. This is the worst of the three:
I hope I can nurse them back to health and finish this thing out

joe guy

Hopefully you'll be good after a few days.. I've wilted alota plants that were basically dead and some h2o. And lil vitamin b they perk rite up
I sure hope that's the case for you're girls

G

greenmatter

It is quite a challenge to care for a plant in such a small container.

:yeahthats

i would say it is a major PITA

not a whole lot of room for error in a yogurt cup

i hope they bounce back for you otis

soursmoker

East Coast, All Day!
Veteran
Hey guys so like I have said, I have been slacking big time getting pics up buti finally snapped some this morning for you guys!

greenmatter, you are absolutely killing man! If I didn't despise nutes and the hydro store gimmick, I would look into coco with drippers... did I say you are killing it? (not in a bad way) hahaha

wildgrow, looking real nice...

audioguy, nice harvest... 8 weeks just like I am planning for! lol

otis, good luck man she will bounce back, just keep steady on the water... set reminders on your phone if you have to...

Today is day 39 for her I believe! I am thinking let her go to 8 weeks... MAYBE, idk I see what you guys are saying about plants in smaller containers maturing faster...

anyway here are the pics!

EDIT: Im stoned, and forgot the pics....

here you go...

And a close up...

Avinash.miles

Caregiver Extraordinaire
ICMag Donor
Veteran
:yeahthats

i would say it is a major PITA

not a whole lot of room for error in a yogurt cup

i hope they bounce back for you otis

coming from the dude w the bigass yogi cup plants and arent urs on drp lines GM?

good lookin everyone, hope urs pop back otis....

Avinash.miles

Caregiver Extraordinaire
ICMag Donor
Veteran
:laughing:

yes they are ....... but the "root ball" has become so solid that the water is starting to run off the top of the cup instead of running through it

in my book that is a major PITA.

have u considered boring some holes w a pencil or toothpick to allow water to penetrate rootzone?
just an idea
lookin good tho GM< killin it.

G

greenmatter

i've kinda been beating my head against a wall trying to figure out how to get the situation under control

i had a mom in hydroton sitting in an ebb and flow table once that grew a "watertight" root ball. i tried putting holes in it and things started going south pretty fast. after that fiasco i would just cut the pot off and wrap a coco mat around the roots.

not so sure there are any perfect options to solve this problem and trial and error is not a direction i want to go:dunno:

i am probably going to make a collar for one of them and see if that will keep the water in place long enough so that it runs through

frankenstein2

Astronaut Status
Veteran
Jesus Christ!!!!! Greenmater those are the sickest plants in yogi's i have ever seen. You need to make a holder like you have that fit's under a reflector.(i know i can't even believe i said those words) . It would give a whole new meaning to sea of green lol. Unfuckingbelievable, you already won in my eye's. I don't even care if they die!!!!!!!!

wildgrow

, The Ghost of
Veteran
GM - Id go with Avis suggestion to pick some holes down through, along with your water collar. Thinking about it makes me wonder if a big chunk of natural sponge would work for yogis - hmmm...

I don't know what youre worrying about sour, youre killing it!

G

gloryoskie

Here she is, 40 days 11/13. The bigger version of this
goes 100 days +/-. I won't harvest early, but will continue
the grow regardless. Maybe she'll finish on time, we'll see.

picture.php

joe guy

So I passed out early last night and forgot to water then did the same thing tonight. I woke up a few minutes ago and remembered the yogis...they were all tipped on their sides completely dried and wilted. It is quite a challenge to care for a plant in such a small container. This is the worst of the three:[URL=https://www.icmag.com/ic/picture.php?albumid=43072&pictureid=1065988&thumb=1]View Image[/url]
I hope I can nurse them back to health and finish this thing out

So Otis I'm curious I'd ur lady snapped outa limp leaf??
I'm sure hoping it did would hate to see u you get this far and
And not make it, I'm sure thinking good vibes for u and her...

Back in 09ish there was a thread here on IC called Bonsai 101 or something like that. It was one of the most informative threads about keeping small plants,well, small.

Does anybody remember that or have a link to it? I can't find it.

joe guy

Yep called all about bonsai moms if I remember correctly
Hit the search thread bar and type it in, it's been updated and dosnt
Suck kangaroo nuts anymore it actually works now lol

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Latest posts