What's new

Yet Another NGB Box

G

Minigreens - yea i'm lucky if I can only spend 10 minutes, I just love the anticipation like a kid at christmas, or worse

Disco - Thanks man. Those are actually the exact louvers I ordered, how has your experience with them been?

anyone got any suggestions on my fertilizer of the clones idea? I don't wanna burn them.

art

DiscoDuck

artfunk4, haven't tried the midget louvers. I'm using pvc elbows and panel traps. Keep us posted how they work out. I read one thread where the dude says they don't completely filter HID light to the outside but they will block residual light that would otherwise penetrate the intake and upset the grow area.

here's what Technaflora BC nutes says to do to my clones when rooting:

Thrive Alive B1 Red:
N = 1%
P2O5 = 1%
K2O = 1%

The directions say to mix this stuff 2-1/4 Tsp per gallon. BC nutes are too strong for my experience so I usually mix about 1/3 strength. Pre-soak the medium, (soil, peat pellets, rockwool cubes, etc.) with the solution.

I'm not suggesting this stuff per say but it may give you an idea of the strengths. This stuff is organic so I cant get you a TDS reading.

G

disco - I'll be sure to keep y'all posted on how the louvers work out, as well as the tot-locks.
I've decided due to lack of info and safety's sake to wait about 1 1/2 more weeks before I give the transplanted clones anything but str8 water with a
little superthrive. I've ordered some Cal-Mag Plus to address the Cal/Mag deficiencies I've been noticing, at least I hope that's what they are. Also decided to get some Liquid Karma just to have another supplement, I'll probably start adding that on my mothers to be and the next crop. Has anyone had good/bad experiences with Foxfarm's Happy Frog??? Just Curious to know. Here are a few more pix @ apx 38 days of 12/12
1st a shot of the whole bunch after a little LTS session

And some more close-up shots

Temps are reaching mid to high 80's. Not very good I know... hopefully the louvers and the soon to come CMH can lower the temps a good 10 degrees. I've trimmed out some of the minor lower bud-sites and bent to expose the more developed lower sites...I'm really hoping for a decent yield to last me through the next harvest...I'm just completely done with "dealers"...f&*% that...
stay safe
art

Last edited:
G

The darkroom louvers arrived today...gotta admit, I was a little disappointed. They do a decent job of filtering the light, there is a slight glow but no biggie as they're on the bottom of the cab where no one should be looking. The canopy and ambient temps both dropped apx. 5 degrees. Now running at 82 at the canopy, I think the addition of a CMH will help improve the temps even more. Now my problem with the louvers, they create a high-pitched whining sound, faint but definitely noticeable...not sure what I'll do about that one...
On a positive note, picked up a pH pen today and found the water/nutrient mix I've been giving the girls is in the acceptable pH range, like 5.8-6.4 or something. BTW I've been feeding them a 1/2 tsp. of Tiger Bloom and 1 tbsp. of Big Bloom per 32 ounces of water. Also checked the trich's under the scope today and noticed a few getting cloudy!!! When do most of you start flushing? Once you see a few turning amber?

art

G

here are some plant pix

this is the odd-ball pheno, she kinda smells like lemony/cat piss...

and the others, all these appear and smell similar

art

G

All 5 of the 2nd batch of clones are rooted and growing....these funny looking leaves that is...are the rounded leaves normal? I'm thinking I'm going to scrog out the extra 2 #10's and let the other ladies get trained into nice little bushes before I clone them.

And the ladies under the HPS a couple days ago...started feeding just pure water last night...I'll just keep my eye on the trichs, the last time i looked they were still mostly clear.

And of course a close-up shot

art

G

Been pretty busy the last week but was able to install a couple new toys. First, the Tot-Loks are pretty nifty. Very simple to install and work like a trick. I think if 2 were installed on a door an external latch wouldn't be needed.

The CMH arrived and the temps dropped about 5 degrees. Not as much as I'd hoped for but.... I'm thinking about putting a muffin fan in front of the cool tube. The CMH will get the real test next time around on the scrog.

The ladies have been enjoying distilled water and molasses for the past few days...the buds are swelling, fan leaves yellowing, and some trim leaves are purpling...trichs are mostly cloudy...if you can't tell I'm pretty excited. I'm going to wait until I see mostly cloudy/ partly amber trichs until I chop, hopefully next week as that'll be 64 days on 12/12 and a little over 2 weeks of being flushed. I'll try and snap some pix this weekend to make all this more interesting.

art

Thundurkel

Just Call me Urkle!!
Veteran
Sounds great bro that close up looks tasty, get all excited towards the end too! congrats on the CMH I'm curious to see these in action I've checked out a few threads with them and have been thinking I might get one for the hell of it for my new cab but I'm not sure yet..

Latest posts

Latest posts