What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Yes I really live on an Island with a tribe of Natives

B

buddymate

what's that in the first pic a rought.38?
Yeah mate,cheap and cheerful throwaway .38,the last one I bought cost around £30,thats maybe $50?Made in a place thats infamous for gunmaking called Danao,I once bought a pen-pistol back in the early 1990's for around £2 in the NFWP in pakistan,fired .25 cal rounds,we joked it was ideal for signing bouncing cheques as no one would complain :ying:

Organic joe

Yeah mate,cheap and cheerful throwaway .38,the last one I bought cost around £30,thats maybe $50?Made in a place thats infamous for gunmaking called Danao,I once bought a pen-pistol back in the early 1990's for around £2 in the NFWP in pakistan,fired .25 cal rounds,we joked it was ideal for signing bouncing cheques as no one would complain :ying:
a pen pistol would be pretty cool to have I've seen a .22cal made into a Zippo lighter sold for like $1500

masamaaso

Veteran
Masa
Dude I feel like I'm in a Humphrey Bogart movie. Not sure if your a fan but your stories are exactly like his 1940's movies always centered around these thugs like the fat man you were talking about. The type only understand force and $$$
So would rather deal with a fat Island boss or the US government?

Tough choice in my mind because money buys you liberty of some kind in both cases. At least with the island boss you know what you're getting no one pretends that greed doesn't rule.

"The problem with the world is that everyone is a few drinks behind."
Humphrey Bogart

Masa you're a breath of fresh air.

All right then,,,Got a few new shipmates on board,we'll say thanks for stopping by..
Funny ya say that I wanted to name my boat "the Mara-Maru" but was over ruled when I was told its bad luck NOT to name yer first boat after your first child,,,go figger. But I never put this place in a Boggy movie,,If ya want a mental picture ya gotta think King Kong. The back side of the island looks just like a king kong movie, triple canopy jungle no paths or trails its always dark, but the monkeys are a lot smaller.:ying:

I say he whacked it...
A winner ,,take 2 bonghits

me too

YUP, he stopped short of it and layed there for 15-20 mins as soon as the bug turned its back on him he pounced and then stayed there posing with his catch as i got some cool fotos, after he catches something big he has kill it so he'll start slamming the bug into the wall, blam blam blam till the bugs dead or knocked out its great watching him hunt and feed but there is a drawback,,,he poops turds the size of a rabbit which is why the wife tosses him outside when she gets a chance:ying:

how about growing over there ?are there some landraces that grow there?
Sure is, only thing I can grow takes forever but worth the wait, a buzz better than 6 pots of coffee and yer not peeing all day.I've got some fotos posted on the ultimate sativa thread and Thai thread and a few here..

Yea masa, im thinking he smacked that bug right down!!
Another winner,,Take 2 bonghits.

Of course that Tokay took the cicada, it's a Tokay! I've never seen a pissed of Tokay gecko before, either. Madness!
They do look cool when mad and make that god awful noise "TUK-KO TUK-KO" i only get pissed at him when he wakes me up, sometimes he'll make his way into the bedroom and get on the window over my head and let out and few rounds of loud ass TUK-KOING,, and I really do get pissed, im one of those guys who if let me wake up on my own, when im ready,,,i jump outa the rack singing good ship lolly pop,,,wake me up,,,there needs to be a dam fine reason..
I'll never hurt or kill Rango, he pulls his weight around here.

Attachments

• SANY0029.jpg
    SANY0029.jpg
    70.3 KB · Views: 16
  • SANY0026.jpg
    SANY0026.jpg
    73.1 KB · Views: 16
  • SANY0028.jpg
    SANY0028.jpg
    65.1 KB · Views: 19

masamaaso

Veteran
I need this plane to land, stop, door open, me get on, and go, I don’t have time to piss around my rides here.
I went up to the truck as the plane landed, looked at the driver, each man in the truck, handed each a 100 Euro note, more money than they’ll make in years and turned toward the plane as it came rolling to a stop, gave the pilot the “keep it spinning” signal opened the door hobbled on,, we were rolling in seconds, that’s when I noticed the pilot was an retired Aussie navy pilot who I met twice before, soon as I looked at him I knew Id be OK,, he looked at my foot and squealed like a girl, banked his plane over said we had to stop twice for fuel but he was taking me to Bali, cool, from there I can get to Jakarta and an international airport.9 hours.

At the airport I was feeling pretty good, hadn’t eatin in awhile but pretty good, I needed to find the first thing smoking to any “civilized” country out of the Asian rim didn’t really matter, any European country,US,,,OZ didn’t really matter whatever’s leaving next I want on. 3 ticket counters into it the girl at Austria air says she has a flight leaving for Vienna now and if I hurry I can catch it,, I point to my foot, girl took a look at it and turned into a stone cold “trooper”, she snatched up the fone said she need passenger assistance right away, slammed out a boarding pass , a dude shows up on a golf cart and rolled me out. Security went well , I had nothing and they liked my jungle crutches, but they were a no-go and had to leave um,, got to the boarding area and golf cart guy help me hobble down the ramp to the plane.
Got on and everyone was looking at me and all quite, when I got to my seat a crew member told me the departure was delayed waiting for me, I mumbled a thanks and sat down.

Wow crazy stuff.
So what does your day consist of? from day to day? It sounds like everything must be worked for. Are working all day just to live, like hunting, getting fresh water, farming for foods. Does everyone share food? or are you responsible for your own food? You say you have electricity do you get any TV stations?
I was just curious what a normal day consist of from sunrise to sundown.

masamaaso

Veteran
Wow crazy stuff.
So what does your day consist of? from day to day? It sounds like everything must be worked for. Are working all day just to live, like hunting, getting fresh water, farming for foods. Does everyone share food? or are you responsible for your own food? You say you have electricity do you get any TV stations?
I was just curious what a normal day consist of from sunrise to sundown.

To tell ya the truth ,,sometimes it get real boring around here,, last 9-10 days its been raining so not alot kicks off,its not raining at the moment but is overcast, so first up ,,,check on the girls make sure everyones happy:biggrin: got some seeds popped up yesterday,,pretty much we can stay self sufficient, raise pigs and chickens, got a big ass garden and yea it all has to be worked getting the garden set up was a bitch but pays off,and we keep a decent supply shack with "food stuffs"> nobaby here goes hungry and the natives are no where near starving,the eco system and food sources here and near by (1-2 day paddle) have kept them alive for a long time, and as im sure a poster early on will tell ya, they'll survive long after we're long gone if left alone. Most families take care of their own but everyone shares at the same time if that makes any sence, if someone in the ville kills a pig the meats not going to last long so it gets shared with others, and in fine fashion theres nothing left except bone and a skull, if one family has a little of this and another family has a little of that , they'll fed together that night. Lets say someone catches a really big fish, here a big tuna(100K+) is sorta worthless, the time it would take to get the fish to a market takes all the value out of it, and the big processing ships wont buy them because they dont fit through their machines, same with big groupers and snappers, and they stay 50-60km off shore,,,thats a long ride in a little boat so,,,, its fish for everyone, pulled in by hand on 80lb test mono, i'll get some fotos up of the wooden "reel" used but its just used to hold and store the line.

Yea we have a getset and a solar array,getting the guy who installed the solar to the island was when I met the Aussie pilot the first time. I got the solar from a company in Jakarta, and when ya buy a big ass array it comes with a tech to install it, then came, where here is, so we worked out a deal he would get the tech to Bali and we would get him here, dudes bosss told him he was going to a resort island:laughing: it was great ,,,when he got to the beach and was greated by a handful of lill brown half naked people he just stood there with his mouth open, when a 6 foot white man came to the head of the crowd (yea I was half naked too) he just shut his mouth looked at me and said, yes this must be the place", come to find out his boss told him he was going to a resort and all his expences would be paid by me,,,which is true paid the man well,, His first few days were pretty bad for him, I could tell he didint wanna be there but hey ,,I paying for something here so you know....took him about 3 weeks to get something up that looked like it was supposed too, as it went along he was getting more comfortable with the place, took him 6 weeks to finish, when he left here he was ready to cry, people been feeding him taking care of him when he was feeling sick washing his cloths working with him when he cleared the array area, and word has it a few feminine eyes got misty when he left, he e-mails me wanting to know if i require any service about once a week, and got a surprise for him come Jan..

I run the gennie 5-6 hours sometimes not every day sometimes everyday, solar sucks when it rains for days on end. yea got tv not much for me,,wife loves it at night, just got done watching Jake and the neverland pirates with my boy, yea got a 3 year old boy now, he keeps the place jumpin..
There is no normal to most days, yesterday I was ready to go to war with the monkeys, little f*kers keep playing on my tower.
Cameras starting to piss on me a bit now too,, this is camera #6, came here with a sweet older d-nikon and a hand full of memory cards, its in Davy Jones Locker now probly making a nice home for an octopus or crab, wife tryed cheerin me up saying sponge bob has it now,,,,,,didnt work.......

Attachments

• IMGP0019.jpg
    IMGP0019.jpg
    106.4 KB · Views: 19
  • IMGP0010.jpg
    IMGP0010.jpg
    108.3 KB · Views: 22
  • IMGP0009.jpg
    IMGP0009.jpg
    103.2 KB · Views: 19
  • IMGP0004.jpg
    IMGP0004.jpg
    104.4 KB · Views: 18
  • IMGP0002.jpg
    IMGP0002.jpg
    66.8 KB · Views: 23

mack 10

Veteran
love it. bit too far away for me, but sounds great,living off the land:)tropical style.
mack.

masamaaso

Veteran
Epilog

Epilog

About 2 hours into the flight it got bad and was THUMPING, felt like my foot was gonna explode, every bump was the same pain over and over and when the plane rose upward on a bump ,it took my foot a few extra seconds to catch up with the upward momentum so it was like feeling it twice for one motion. The flight attendants and cabin crew were all as cool as cool gets, they gave me aspire and ibuprofen out of their carry ons, one of the flight officers came back and half jokingly half seriously asked me if I was going to die on the flight, we chatted a bit, he said the captain sent him back to find out how bad it really was, I half jokingly more half seriously asked if there was any morphine on board, he snickered, said no. I had pillows food beer but nothing helped, I ended up on the floor in the back of the plane laid out, and sleeping, foot propped and cushioned, when the girl told me we were gonna land in 20 mins it was heaven.

When the plane rolled into the terminal I could see red lights flashing on the tarmac, the capt came on and asked everyone to remain seated while emergency crews remove an injured passenger, I says hey,, they’re here for me ,, cool.

Got to a Hospital in about 10 mins, but not the VA outside of Vienna I was at a private hospital which means I have to pay for it,, at a VA you guys pay for it for me,, and I thank you. But I say hell with it Im here. After being in the ER waiting for what seemed like hours the doctor and the nurse who first admitted me came through the curtains with 2 chubby filipina nurses aids that were each holding “bathing gear” the doc walks up and says to me,,,,,,,,,

“sir you obliviously have a means of support and the information you gave us checked out with the VA,,,, then he goes into saying that there were a lot of help groups and organizations for men who turn to drugs and alcohol and how self destruction was not a path to take,, bla bla bla,, bla bla bla,,,,,,,, As I was eyeballing the 2 questioning to myself why I couldnt get 2 hottie nurses I faded him out and it hit me,,,
I just traveled 2 days over an island mountain, 3 days on a shitty little fishing boat and 21 hours on 2 planes.
I HADN’T HAD A BATH IN A WEEK and I guess I did look a bit worn, and I’m gonna go ahead and say yea,,, I’m sure I smelled a bit. When the doc paused to see if I was listening to him (I wasn’t) I pointed and asked what the 2 nurses were for?, he says there here to clean you up and give you a bath,,, DUUUUUH…………
He motioned for them to get started and I told him to wait a minute,
I told him where I just came from, and what I had to do to get there,,,, He walked away giving me the same look the Docs at Bethesda give ya when they think your hiding something from them.

S

SeaMaiden

There is no normal to most days, yesterday I was ready to go to war with the monkeys, little f*kers keep playing on my tower.

Ah! The wife of my grandfather's major domo, Minga. Minga and... now I can't remember what the major domo's name was! Anyway, they lived on the very southwest end of the island of Puerto Rico, in a rather remote, difficult to get to place. Very mountainous, jungle. They had carved out their little homestead there (I'll have to see if I have pix anywhere). They grew everything from bananas to quenepas, from guanabana to guayaba (guava). Until the monkeys that had been taken to the islands around La Parguera swam across to the main island and found themselves a food paradise. Oh my God, you should have heard that old Puerto Rican woman go on about the monkeys! The last time I visited them, at least 20 years ago, I was warned, "Don't mention monkeys to Minga! They drive her crazy."

Ayup. Sea ain't down with monkeys, cuz monkeys fuck you up. Stay monkey-free and you keep your belly full and your prize.

Do you plink the monkeys off with a .22? and then eat them? Or do they carry disease? Or if you kill them u would possibly anger the spirits I would assume. That must be something else to have to deal with lil monkeys in shit. Nice to hear you have a 3 year old. I myself have a son who is tuning 3 in October. They are so great at this age and is truly a blessing to be able to stay home with them and raise them yourself.

tamworthrope

Masa

Dude boring is good allows for self introspection and from your writing I think you have a good dose of it. Too many "things" in today's capitalistic world gets in the way of our own thinking. Silence can be deafening if you know what I mean.

Great story I keep coming back to read it but also to feel it.

S

swisscheese

Do you plink the monkeys off with a .22? and then eat them? Or do they carry disease? Or if you kill them u would possibly anger the spirits I would assume. That must be something else to have to deal with lil monkeys in shit. Nice to hear you have a 3 year old. I myself have a son who is tuning 3 in October. They are so great at this age and is truly a blessing to be able to stay home with them and raise them yourself.

Do you shoot them son of a bitch monkeys? I was thinking instead of a .22 you would use a blow gun or longbow just to keep it traditional. You should make a grow log/personal journal! This is an inspiring thread.

Awesome story man, really made my day reading through it.
Sounds like a great place to be.Give the word and I'll leave tomorrow and bring plenty of seeds

masamaaso

Veteran

Yea monkeys can be a pain in the ass (so can the 3 year old) and theres no compromising with um, and Im not supposed to shoot um, and if ya do shoot one it gets crazy, the whole pod goes off screaming and throwing sticks at ya, and besides, ya gotta figure they where here first, been here a long time, its not like they do things to me personaly, I really dont think they sit in the trees at night plotting their next move, and after sitting in the trees with um for a few hours you begin to see their not much different than any other mammal, hunting for food and taking care of their young. The spirit thing ??? you better believe it, not one of the big time spirits that give life or death, more of a playful spirit but a spirit blamed on little things like if something comes up missing, or if someone trips and falls for no apparent reason, kids use it as an excuss for everything, the monkeys are also an early warning system,, if its a quiet afternoon or evening and all of a sudden a pod starts to go off screaming it means only one thing, something or somebody has scared them, and they have a hand ful of natural enamies, pythons top the list, crocs come next, for the young big birds are dangerous and as far as humans well that goes without saying. The monkeys here are small gibons not dangerous unless you get one cornered, and are asked for alot by merchant sailors, but the tribe turns them down, ive never seen one taken from here, theres another island a day or so away where the monkeys are alot bigger and are hunted by the locals for meat, hides and bones. Monkey meats not bad,, its red meat that cooks like beef but dont taste like it, has a "gamey" flavor kinda like rabbit meat but not as stringy. And yea they hunt with blowguns and darts which is someting to watch.
Oh and I prefer roasted fruit bat..

Masa

Dude boring is good allows for self introspection and from your writing I think you have a good dose of it. Too many "things" in today's capitalistic world gets in the way of our own thinking. Silence can be deafening if you know what I mean.

Great story I keep coming back to read it but also to feel it.

To feel it,,,,,Thats got to be the coolest comment to date..

Attachments

• dinner.jpg
    dinner.jpg
    30.1 KB · Views: 16

Latest posts

Latest posts