What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Yes I really live on an Island with a tribe of Natives

Sforza

Veteran
" i was excepted to Annapolis Navel Academy,,and received my commission in the United States Marine Corps in 1980, retired in 2007 at the rank of Captain."

I stopped reading after this sentence. I take it I missed some entertainment?

Your loss buddy.

You stopped reading a little too soon, since the next sentence was "SMOKIN THE WHOLE WAY.."

Anyone who can survive all the drug tests that he must have been subject to over 27 years in the Marines has to be a heck of a rebel and sneaky too. And he was commissioned as a lieutenant and over 27 years of service he only managed to get promoted to Captain, so he was certainly not a brownnoser. I was never in the military but I always understood that it was up or out. Bad Dog managed to stay in without getting promoted beyond Captain, so he must have been both a bit of an oddball and very competent doing his job, whatever that was.

That "excepted to the Navel Academy" threw me too. I can't spell for shit and even I noticed that he was excepted and not accepted. The Navel Academy is not Harvard, but they do have rather high academic standards. After reading Bad Dog's posts, I decided that poor spelling and grammar are just part of his shtick. Very entertaining and if you have been around, a very believable story.

Last edited:

waveguide

Veteran
cool, selling coffee may be too lucrative to risk logging in. it's good to know his story goes on.

even if you're the most radical anti-nationalist, anti-establishment dude.. never discount veterans. they know about the bad shit they did.

Swamp Thang

Veteran
I just read the first 40 or so pages of Bad Dog's this amazing journal, and like everyone else, I sure hope we get to hear from this certified wild man, once his internet link is back up and running. The stream of consciousness prose used by Bad Dog reminds me so much of Jack Keruak's writings in his iconic novel "On The Road", which documented his travels across the USA in the early 1960s.

The stories told in this thread are so outlandish that it is easy to see why a few readers got to thinking at least some of these accounts were made up, but I for one am absolutely convinced that these are true accounts of real life adventures, as experienced by a master story teller.

Well, maybe a few minor details were embellished, or changed to "protect the innocent", but hey, who cares if some details are less than accurate ? I sure don't, because my feeling is that this story is a 100% legit true account of life in that remote corner of our planet.

I for one am certain that Big Dog is still alive and kicking, whilst taking care of his family out there on that island. A storm, or just the elements, probably knocked out his DIY internet link, which would explain his long silence between 2013 and 2019.

In short, stay tuned, for more Robinson Crusoe exploits narrated in the way that ONLY the Bad Dog does. The fat lady ain't sung yet, y'all, so this story ain't over just yet.

Swamp Thang

Veteran
I know the guy exists - because I have a piece of land out that way and he brought some 'frontline' to give to my caretaker for the dogs - when I was not around - so I never actually met him - but my caretaker did.

The legend of Bad Dog lives.

For some reason this larger-than-life character brings to mind the 1980's epic movie Apocalypse Now, and the renegade military officer called Captain Kurtz, played by Marlon Brando, who was finally encountered after a perilous and surreal boat ride deep into the winding creeks of Mekong Delta.

Seek out the Bad Dog at your risk ha ha.

Sforza

Veteran
It was one hell of a tale, which I agree is absolutely authentic. I think that the folks that were coming out to try to keep the island primitive either kicked him off the island for corrupting the natives by exposure to modern conveniences or threatened him with getting kicked off if he did not immediately cease and desist with electronic communication.

Either way, I am glad I had the chance to read his posts.