What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Yayyy! My first colloidal silver generator (photo)

sadpanda

amazing thread!!! this will come in super handy as we dont have the space or time for males (no offense guys). im wondering does anyone know if there's a minimum or recommended silver PPM?

U

useless.gardens

picture.php

U

useless.gardens

i think this thread is amazing too. very informative.

plus, always been a fan of fem seed. im reversing face off og & gg4 right now.

gonna hit gran daddy purple (ken's cut) & a cross i made magick merlin (outlaw genetics) x lemon skunk.

i have yet to spray an entire plant down. i usually take a clone. veg it to small solo cup size. transplant into 1 gal and put direct into flower. spray as you guys mention for collection.

not hard at all. i bought 2 bottles of the above for projects on an auction site. works.

def want to make my own. some smart ideas in this thread.

sadpanda

does it mention the PPM on that bottle? (im assuming it is just colloidal silver? or do they just call it "mineral spray" to make it sound proprietary, lol)

U

useless.gardens

does it mention the PPM on that bottle? (im assuming it is just colloidal silver? or do they just call it "mineral spray" to make it sound proprietary, lol)

no mention of PPM. it works flawless. i agree with you on the "making it sound proprietary". plus, knowing the legal game, there are other companies out there making similar. probably cant use certain language on the bottle for fear of legal issues depending on who came to market first.

sadpanda

yes it seems when this thread was first made in 2007 options were limited, but im guessing there would be quite a few different sprays like that now, and hopefully relatively cheap being just CS as i would assume ... what brand is yours in that pic?

U

useless.gardens

yes it seems when this thread was first made in 2007 options were limited, but im guessing there would be quite a few different sprays like that now, and hopefully relatively cheap being just CS as i would assume ... what brand is yours in that pic?

mine is a knock off of teressa mist.

bogo @ $15 w/ free ship.
works. for sure.

from people who have tested the solution it comes in @ 60 ppm.

https://www.growery.org/forums/showflat.php/Number/735662

sadpanda

great research, thanks! my friend is only looking to reverse a couple plants so i think in my case a simple bottle would be the way to go rather than making a CS generator, but its great to know how easy it could be. It also sounds like people have had success with <30ppm, but it seems if they're happy to label it "Guaranteed to work" at 60ppm that could act as a useful target

U

useless.gardens

great research, thanks! my friend is only looking to reverse a couple plants so i think in my case a simple bottle would be the way to go rather than making a CS generator, but its great to know how easy it could be. It also sounds like people have had success with <30ppm, but it seems if they're happy to label it "Guaranteed to work" at 60ppm that could act as a useful target

i root a cut. grow it in a solo. pinch two tops. let it veg. keep it healthy. up-pot to 1gal & the day i transplant. start the spray. allows you to use one bottle per project keeping the amount of plant material to treat minimal.

greatlakes2222

I have read this thread front to back several times and have decided to attempt to turn 20 high end fem seeds into as many fem seeds as possible. I understand that these plants will be sacrificed and unsmokable. I am looking for some insight on what would be the best ratio of reversed plants vs female plants receiving pollen. Would 5 reversed plants pollinating 15 plants sound right? I am looking for the maximum number of viable seeds to last me through several years of outdoor growing. I feel confident after reading this excellent, informative thread trying this. Any insight would be greatly appreciated.

justgrowit

Hey man, I'm in a similar boat and planning on only using two revered plants to seed the other 10. And we're only going to spray a portion of those two so we get maximum number of seeds on those reversed plants as well. A little pollen goes a long way!

I have read this thread front to back several times and have decided to attempt to turn 20 high end fem seeds into as many fem seeds as possible. I understand that these plants will be sacrificed and unsmokable. I am looking for some insight on what would be the best ratio of reversed plants vs female plants receiving pollen. Would 5 reversed plants pollinating 15 plants sound right? I am looking for the maximum number of viable seeds to last me through several years of outdoor growing. I feel confident after reading this excellent, informative thread trying this. Any insight would be greatly appreciated.

LostTribe

Premium user
what PPM of CS is recommended? I have 250 PPM right now. Is it possible to flower 1 plant and self pollinate that cutting or does this process prevent female flowers as well as generating pollen sacks? Thanks

LT

Attempted my first sex reversal. I sprayed 60ppm colloidal silver every day on 3 different females after putting them under 12hr light. One plant was a feminized seed to start with and only that plant has expressed male flowers, I'm collecting that pollen now. I'm curious why only the feminized plant turned male.

PhenoMenal

Hairdresser
Veteran
Wow *scratches head*, 5 years after privately alerting icmag to a chat security vulnerability and getting banned by Skippy for it I'm finally UNBANNED :)

It's awesome to see this thread is still going strong after all these years, CS is such a simple and cheap and easy and effective way to make feminised seeds so it's beautiful we've got so much extra user-feedback now! :)

Big Nasty

Hi Pheno,glad to see you're back.Let me be the first to bother you again on CS:i'm currently trying to reverse a dinafem strawberry amnesia to pollinate a hso dedoverde haze and i've got some question.i'm using 999 silver and distilled water with an adaptor working at 7,5v-330mA(i can select different voltages and amperages if needed).I always get a yellowish-amber colour after 8 hours,what is supposed to be the right look of CS?My plant is at day 5 after the switch to 12/12 and i've been spraying 2-3 times every day in the last two weeks but the only signs i've noticed are minor damages on leaves and halted growth.Is there any reaction i should look for apart from balls?i apologize for my bad english but it's been a while since the high school,you know...thanks again for your great work on CS