What's new

Yayyy! My first colloidal silver generator (photo)

PhenoMenal

Hairdresser
Veteran
Also, would anyone know what your plant would look like if the ppm was too strong? Would it just die?
Don't take my word for this, but my understanding is that this could never happen as it is very difficult to get CS even above 50ppm in homemade conditions. If you're getting around 30 you're doing very well, and on target.

Having said that, when you drench a plant in CS it does suffer adverse affects ... you know your CS is doing its job when your plant starts telling you it's a bit sick, lol

Is it possible to kill a plant with CS? I'd say YES, simply based on the 'damage' that CS does to a plant (when we CS a plant we really are sacrificing them - all we're after is the feminised pollen, not buds like we normally would), but I'd assume you'd need a very high strength batch, and drown that plant multiple times a day for about two months, WELL beyond the time it takes for the plant to start producing pollen, so although it's an interesting question it's really not a concern. :)

Last edited:
C

cheesey

heres the cs sprayed nmk shes a freak

heres the kq(left) nmk (right)and the cs sprayed nmk .(front)

OmeJozzie

Forgot to take pictures (again) but i got some positive news lately.
I had some problems with my (autoflower) Dutch Automatic, the male didn't seem to give any pollen (while he was flowering beautifully). I thought i had nothing to loose, so every day, i took the male and just swirl it around/between/on top of/through the females. And i kept doing so for a few weeks.
It took a while before i could see anything, but i still ended up with more then enough seeds :eek:)

Now i'm trying a BCN Diesel (Automatic), but unfortunately they seemed to be a little less autoflower then they should. :eek:(
I had the lights on 18/6 and after spraying my "ususal amount" I didn't see any male flowers. Actualy i didn't see any flowers at all, male or female.
Finaly i adjusted the lights to 12/12, and to my surprise all started flowering in about two days.
I usualy stoped spraying when i could see the male flowers form. This time the sprayed female gives male and female flowers, some even in the same bud?!?
Has anyone got some experience with this?
Can i expect the seeds to be female? My gut feeling and logic reasoning tels me that i should expect the seeds to be female because there is no Y Chromosome.
Only the sprayed female looks a lot like a hermafrodite..... So i'm a bit worried.

Well, i hope someone can tell me if i should go on making seeds with these or if i should just make some nice buds with them?
If not, maby someone can learn from my mistakes.

High Country

Give me a Kenworth truck, an 18 speed box and I'll
Veteran
Forgot to take pictures (again) but i got some positive news lately.
I had some problems with my (autoflower) Dutch Automatic, the male didn't seem to give any pollen (while he was flowering beautifully). I thought i had nothing to loose, so every day, i took the male and just swirl it around/between/on top of/through the females. And i kept doing so for a few weeks.
It took a while before i could see anything, but i still ended up with more then enough seeds :eek:)

Now i'm trying a BCN Diesel (Automatic), but unfortunately they seemed to be a little less autoflower then they should. :eek:(
I had the lights on 18/6 and after spraying my "ususal amount" I didn't see any male flowers. Actualy i didn't see any flowers at all, male or female.
Finaly i adjusted the lights to 12/12, and to my surprise all started flowering in about two days.
I usualy stoped spraying when i could see the male flowers form. This time the sprayed female gives male and female flowers, some even in the same bud?!?
Has anyone got some experience with this?
Can i expect the seeds to be female? My gut feeling and logic reasoning tels me that i should expect the seeds to be female because there is no Y Chromosome.
Only the sprayed female looks a lot like a hermafrodite..... So i'm a bit worried.

Well, i hope someone can tell me if i should go on making seeds with these or if i should just make some nice buds with them?
If not, maby someone can learn from my mistakes.

I stopped spraying when I could see male flowers develop as well and it ended up looking like this.

A REVERSED FEMALE

picture.php

On lower parts of the plant some female flowers were evident but I still extracted pollen and subsequently produced feminised seed.

Maybe your CS is not strong enough or the plant was not sprayed sufficiently.

If you can obtain pollen from your plant it will be feminised pollen. It has to be...because the producer was a girl...and she only has xx chromosomes.

The feminised seed I produced germinated and grew...displaying exactly the same traits as the original...no hermie tendencies...and they were all girls.

OmeJozzie

@ High Country:
Thanks for your reply, gives me a little backing in believing everything will be fine. It is my 4th try at this and only one (a Super Lemon Haze) didn't seem to work at all. Could be a haze-problem or one of the others that went in to make this breed, or maby i just messed it up bigtime. (I guess the last one is the most probable option)
All the other tries gave me some very nice female seeds.
I'll try to remember to make a small review of the BCN Diesel, by the time they are dry and i can see if the seeds look nice or not.

freddy

is it possible to use a mobile phone charger at 9.5 V and then just split the wires and connect it to my silver wire?

PistilPete

Enjoying the ride
ICMag Donor
Veteran
An hour? A day? A week? Anyone?
I want to get started on a batch and I don't have a way to measure ppm or i would just do that....

jump117

Veteran
The result depends on several parameters - DC, shape and area of the electrodes, the distance between the electrodes, the volume and temperature of the water.

To accurately determine the quality convenient to use the TDS meter, it determines the concentration of ions, but not the colloidal particles. We need ions.

Solutions with the same concentration of ions can look very different.
Depending on the size of the colloidal particles and their concentrations, it can be a clear colorless water, yellow, pink, purple opalescent solution, or muddy color suspension, not sinking to the bottom in three months.

TDS meter evaluates the quality of the resulting solution objectively, and appearance is deceptive.

jump117

Veteran
An hour? A day? A week?
The concentration of ions does not grow linearly, it is itself fading process.

Together with the increasing concentration of ions increases the conductivity of the solution,
and increasing electrical forces acting on a metal begin to detach from the anode large particles of silver.

If you leave the process unattended for a few days, the concentration of ions will not grow,
but will only increase the amount of metallic silver precipitated on the bottom and the electrodes in the form of black powder.

C

cheesey

update

3 days ago i took a small bud of the cs sprayed nmk plant around 2" long
i gave it a dry in the tent and just opened the bud up .
so far i have around 50 seeds most of them are brown tiger strips but some need another week or so .