What's new

Yayyy! My first colloidal silver generator (photo)

tronkyx

can any one recommend on a reliable source for cs fem seeds?

:laughing::laughing::laughing::laughing::laughing::laughing::laughing::laughing::laughing::laughing:

C'mon,

Have you ever read the entire thread, you have to make your own CS, and this is the only way to make Cs fem seeds, duh. I don't think there's a reliable source who sells CS FEM SEEDS.

Sorry if my words hurt somebody but...I really don't care.

Tequila, Sexo y Marihuana
Tronkyx

lunatick

sorry

sorry

tronkyx i cant make any cs seeds atm so im just looking for some - ill just have to get regular fem seed and ill wait for the chance to try cs.

PuReKnOwLeDgE

Licensed Grower
ICMag Donor
Veteran
cs seeds, femmed seeds, same thing. This thread explains the process of making a solution referred to as CS, which is used to make fem seeds. I just now finished making my cs generator, might even run back to the store to get the distilled water I forgot so I can get them ppm's stacking up. I am going to be making:

ECSD x 95 Sensi star(CS)

ECSD x Sour Strawberry Kush(CS)

PhenoMenal

Hairdresser
Veteran
Pureknowledge is spot on. When you buy seeds you can either buy regular, or feminised ... if you buy femme you're very rarely told as to what method was used to feminise them (and there are half a dozen or so methods).

However, ultimately it doesn't matter what method was used as long as the resulting seeds are feminised and grow true. If you grow a femme seed and it turns out great do you really care what method was used? :)

Colloidal Silver is simply a preferred method, for the many reasons already listed throughout this thread (resulting plants from CS seeds growing true, cheap and easy to make, safe and non-toxic just to name a few) :)

tronkyx

I agree Pheno, I make CS for human use, and I know 2 or 3 methods for sex revertion, so in my search of the easiest method, I found that CS is the best, easy to make, easy to use, safe and cheap.

A very good tip is, put your glass of distilled water in a double boiler, plug your CS generator as said in the first post and you short the making time in a half, I usually get 50ppm with my TDS meter in about 3 hours, give a try.

Other tip is, if you have CS from previous batchs, save a third of the capacity of your glass, and complete the other 2/3 of distilled water and you'll short the making time even more. This tek it's called seeding.

I hope you people find this little info useful.

Tronkyx from Mexico.

P.S.: Forgive my childish english, I've never been in the US.

jump117

Veteran
I usually get 50ppm with my TDS meter in about 3 hours, give a try.
Lucky man! In my practice, obtaining 400 ml of colloid ppm 50+ is not less than one day
and requires several intermediate steps to clean the electrodes and the filtering solution.

DC 12V 1000mA, 2 electrodes 4x5 cm, Ag 9999, distance 5-7 cm (2"-3").

tronkyx

Lucky man! In my practice, obtaining 400 ml of colloid ppm 50+ is not less than one day
and requires several intermediate steps to clean the electrodes and the filtering solution.

DC 12V 1000mA, 2 electrodes 4x5 cm, Ag 9999, distance 5-7 cm (2"-3").

Yeah jump,

But my setup is as follows:

DC 30V 980mA, 2 electrodes 1cmX15cm, Ag 9999, distance 7cm, in a liter (a little bit more than a quart) of distilled water.

Try it, and let me know, I only clean the electrodes and filtrate the coloid at the end of the batch and theres's almost nothing of residue in the electrodes, a quick clean with a napkin, then I rub the electrodes with a scotch brite fiber (the green ones), then I filter the coloid thru a 400 ss mesh, and that's all. All this in about 3 hours.

Cheers
Tronkyx

Heisenberg

very interesting method, i will try this! :dance013:

but what i am concerned about, is measuring the strength of the solution. this is an excerpt from wikipedia:

Dissolved organic solids such as sugar, and microscopic solid particles such as colloids, do not significantly effect the conductivity of a solution so they are not measurable by a TDS meter.

tronkyx

very interesting method, i will try this! :dance013:

but what i am concerned about, is measuring the strength of the solution. this is an excerpt from wikipedia:

Dissolved organic solids such as sugar, and microscopic solid particles such as colloids, do not significantly effect the conductivity of a solution so they are not measurable by a TDS meter.

Yeah Heis, I agree that too, IMO I think that we use the tds meter just because it gives us an aproximate number, not the real concentration. What we care is the effect of the colloid, and if a tds meter says 50ppm I just plug off my CS generator and that works for me.

Cheers
Tronkyx

OmeJozzie

Hey People,

I have a queastion and i hope someone knows what's going on here??

I've made some Lowrider#2 female seeds and everything was fine, all seeds are female and i've grown a few girls and am smoking as we speak. Nothing weard yet...

But now, my neighbour has a few groing in his (small) greenhouse and one of the girls is looking very weard, all of her sisters are 1 or 2 weeks from harvest-time but this one just doesn't want to make buds. There are some bud's but they look a little like cereal (i hope i've translated that one correct).

Now if one of the ladies did that, it would have looked weird but, shit happens right?
Only, i have about 10 growing in my garden and they are looking a bit on the small side and i think they might be going the wrong way and will eventualy look like the weird one...

The only thing i can thinkt of that could be the responcible for this is the way i stored them. I've put the seeds in the fridge (+5C) with a bag of silica gel (to keep them as dry as possible). Only the container i've used is a cannister, used for photo casettes/roll's things (sorry, don't know the translation. Its from the old style analog photo camera's).
and there is a good possability that i forgot to clean them out.
I know there is some silver on the roll-of-photo-thingy. Could that be responsible for messing with the seeds???

148lydg.jpg

(i hope i uploaded the picture right)

jump117

Veteran
I know there is some silver on the roll-of-photo-thingy. Could that be responsible for messing with the seeds???
What if :
- to spray on seeds with CS in the course of preparation for the storage,
- to drown seeds in CS before the sprouting,
- to impregnate RW cube in CS before planting.
Six SK fem seeds were drown in CS before the planting into RW impregnated in CS.

It did not hurt their femininity. Seeds don’t flip under CS 50ppm.

OmeJozzie

Thanks for your response.
I'm still hoping it's just a single weird plant, i guess i'll know for shure when my outdoor plants will be a few weeks older.

I'm just wondering if any of you have seen this kind of bud-forming, and if it could be related to the storage of the seeds?
It's the only variable i've found so far, exept for the age (harvested in nov. '10). Kept at room-temperature for a few months and at 5C for the rest of the time. But i'm guessing here that that could't get seeds to do this weird growing thing.

p.s. sorry for the big picture in my other post...

OmeJozzie

Just an update on my weird plant from a few posts back...

Well, I've checked the new batch at my neighbours house and there are all just nice end well formed girls overthere so the one weird looking female was just a 1 in a .... freak of nature.

Only other strange growpatern i have is that the LowRider#2 seems to do better in a container of some kind, growing LowRider#2 in the garden just gives a nice plant but there are realy miniature buds on it.

But i guess that is just a trade of the LowRider, nothing to do with femanizing.

srenre

"Silver is cheap"... depends on your circumstances. To me "Cheap" is something at the dollar store, to you it may be different! $3x.00 per ounce... I know a few folks have tried .925 and then one tried silver solder with success.

Has anyone consistently has success with less than .999? Not just "I got lucky once" but at least twice without failed attempts in between that ultimately resulted in viable seeds.

For those who did get lucky at least once (super interested in the solder guy)... Did you notice any ill effects on the plants grown from those seeds that could be related to the impurities?

Congrats and thanks for the MILLION YEAR longest thread I have ever read all the way through Pheno! (had to reread some) :thank you:

I feel like I know you already so before you say "Why risk it?"...

1. Like I said, silver ain't cheap.
2. I have no intention drinking this, using it as a topical solution, or anything else other than creating female pollen and seeds. Once the pollen (and/or seeds) have been collected the altered plant will be trashed along with the soil the plant was grown in. Sorry about the disclaimer but I wanted to make clear there is no danger of turning anyone blue, I am not asking about anything thing that could endanger a human... just plants.
3. Why not? If we don't try we don't know!

I know a few folks have tried .925 and then one tried silver solder with success..... For those who did get lucky at least once (super interested in the solder guy)... Did you notice any ill effects on the plants grown from those seeds that could be related to the impurities?
My 1st attempt was with .925 silver wire. I sprayed daily for almost 4weeks before i saw male sacks. I ended up with only a handful of viable seeds, most turned out to be duds. The plant also suffered metal toxicity. Probable due to excessive copper
which is in .925 silver. My 2nd attempt i sprayed for only 10 days and waited for male sacks. The plant looks a lot better, no toxic shock. And i have gotten a lot more viable seeds with that one. This tells me that there is a sweet spot for spraying with less then pure CS

Jaymer

Back-9-Guerrilla☠
Veteran
I couldn't find anything about reversing a female already in flower​

well, to answer my own question

I applied cs on two separate plants that had been in flower for over a month. After 3-4 weeks I kind of gave up and just stopped to see what would happen, new growth showed male sacs and then flowers on the plant began to flip out all over , the pollen pulled a low quantity of seeds and i might would risk it again maybe spraying for 6+ weeks to see better results with more pollen.

OmeJozzie

And again i have a weird problem (or i'm just very impatient).

My first try with CS, i had a few female LowRider#2 seeds and turned 1 to male. The male had lots of pollen and i ended up just shaking the male over the females. Result, loads of good female seeds.

But the last two attempts give some weird result. I copied everything from the first try with the only difference an other breed of plant. My second attempt was with Super Lemon Haze and my third (running at this time) is a Dutch Automatic (again an autoflower like the Lowrider).
This time everything looks fine and the turned plant gives loads of male flowers, the flowers open en turn somewhat brown. But when i shake these males over the females only male flowers fall off the male but i see no pollen anywhere?!?!?

The seeds i started with came from different, but good, seed-houses.
I'm realy confused here, as far as i know i'm not doing anything wrong or different. It could be that the male just needs a little more time but the male flowers that fall of when i shake it, all look like they have opened and should give at least some pollen right?!??

I hope anyone can help me here...

LiteUp

for under 2quid, Maplins sell a battery box with an on/off switch just like the ones in the expensive store bought CS makers..I think the advantage of this is it makes it easier to avoid shorting the wires together, and of course it looks utterly pro...

I would assume that the ppm of the CS plays a role in its efficacy as well. Has anyone ever checked their ppm out of curiosity? I don't want to make it too weak, or strong. Also, would anyone know what your plant would look like if the ppm was too strong? Would it just die?

Nugz