What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

yahooka shut down!!!!!!!!!!!!!

G

I had withdrawl symptoms.

I had withdrawl symptoms.

from no yahooka

And to top it off I just bought the Canna Coco thingy and................
I'll watch the DVD again. :lurk:

:badday: :badday: :badday: :badday: :badday:

dociron

thcbuz said:
hiya danda,I miss my fix of hooka too.but i figgered a hardware snafu.yahooka's been a true testcase of just what can and will go wrong with websites when not properly maintained and monitored.but it still survives;and will again

:wave: Nice to see ya here thcbuz,,

G

I am beginning to wonder if it is coming back..........................

G

ya, you wanna be careful about where the servers are... I know OG & CW are in Canada, I'm sure IC is not in the states either...

./ship

Verite

My little pony.. my little pony
Veteran
Why? , when was the last time they confiscated business use servers? In fact when was the last time they confiscated anyones servers? Most servers are ISP owned and businesses rent space/bandwidth off them to run their websites.

Its like growing in a rental, if they cant prove the home owner knew about the criminal activity they cant even begin to confiscate it.

They have been known to shut down sites, but unless the site owns the server, I doubt they would mess with the server..

On the other hand, if the gov shut down Yahooka, looks like they would have shut down testclear as well!

Yahooka went down last year around this time as well.

The more I think about it themore I vaguely recall it coming back online Christmas day.

Or maybe I'm just being hopeful.

kov

Polskaaa, bialo-czerwonaaa
Nope, only the front page, all the rest is HTTP 403, but I guess it'll come back eventually.

rgds, kov

Edit: oops, the forum works!

Last edited:
G

Indymedia had its servers siezed by the FBI last year and then returned. They never explained what it was they were looking for but it is suspected that they wanted "photos of Swiss undercover officers photographing protesters at a French event" taken offline.

According to the article I'm reading, "... the FBI [was] apparently acting under a US-UK treaty on behalf of Switzerland and/or Italy to seize hardware in London". Google it and you can read all about it.

Just want to make sure we're facing reality here folks.

dociron

thanx Goddess,, a lil reality is ,, ahem....... not loved, but needed sometimes.

I like this server, it's proven to be very safe.

Take Care.......................... the "Iron" guy

Verite

Veteran
What reality? The fact that few servers were confiscated? Or the fact that they have nothing to do with weed?

dociron

^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
The reality that it was possible for US authorities to grab a server in yet another nations domain. Under treaty of course, but still......

Verite

Veteran
I think the shit happens all the time for mostly business reasons and rarely for politics which is what it appears to be in this particular case. Taken out of perspective its sounds like a big deal, put it in the perspective that A] it was the FBI doing some favor for another country who for the most part appeared fully capable to do it themselves. B] it had nothing to do with weed, the DEA or for that matter the USA, and C] it had zero impact on our community besides an unecessary fear factor and you get a somewhat different feel for the whole ordeal.

Verite

Veteran
So if the geeks have cracked it [ the assumption that you mean cracked as in like everyone else does, cracked admin rights ] what good would it do to change your password?

Nine times outta ten its due to running out of resources with older forum software using a backend DB of MySql. MySql may be cheap but it sucks dookie.