What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

x18 Tom Hill

Green Highland

These were from a batch made in 2009 from @Raco and sent from Tom Hill as freebies when I grabbed Mendo Docs Og from him in April. Was hella surprised to get these and truly grateful.Sent 20+ beans. Been wanting to grow X18 for a long time and just didn’t know where to get the beans. All of Toms are bucket list for me. Wasn’t expecting to run into him on forums as I’m also very new to them and just stumbled into some threads about haze but as luck would have here we are. Was thinking about grabbing cider kush from real seed co or KWIK just a few weeks before these came but I didn’t. Anyway, enough about the happenstance. I soaked 11 in RO water with H2O2 for about 16-18 hours and went straight to promix HP with mycorrhiza. Kept them at 21.5 degrees soil temps and ambient temps were 25 degrees with 65 percent humidity.Everything has sprouted, wasn’t expecting that as they’re 13-14 years old but I’ll definitely take it. Going to probably freeze the rest and use these. Was contemplating popping all but space issues would force me to grow them all tiny and Ide rather grow them out a little. I was already only expecting a few to pop but as of now 11. Batting 100 percent so far.
F4F680F8-4F66-4E85-98EB-987BE85635CE.jpeg

revegeta666

These were from a batch made in 2009 from @Raco and sent from Tom Hill as freebies when I grabbed Mendo Docs Og from him in April. Was hella surprised to get these and truly grateful.Sent 20+ beans. Been wanting to grow X18 for a long time and just didn’t know where to get the beans. All of Toms are bucket list for me. Wasn’t expecting to run into him on forums as I’m also very new to them and just stumbled into some threads about haze but as luck would have here we are. Was thinking about grabbing cider kush from real seed co or KWIK just a few weeks before these came but I didn’t. Anyway, enough about the happenstance. I soaked 11 in RO water with H2O2 for about 16-18 hours and went straight to promix HP with mycorrhiza. Kept them at 21.5 degrees soil temps and ambient temps were 25 degrees with 65 percent humidity.Everything has sprouted, wasn’t expecting that as they’re 13-14 years old but I’ll definitely take it. Going to probably freeze the rest and use these. Was contemplating popping all but space issues would force me to grow them all tiny and Ide rather grow them out a little. I was already only expecting a few to pop but as of now 11. Batting 100 percent so far. View attachment 18853715
X18? I'm in! Best of luck with tthem :D

Green Highland

Moving along. Just fed first dose of nutrients at .6 EC. I’m using Remo Nutrients for this run. This feeding consisted of Remo micro, Magnifical, Velo kelp and grow. 4 part veg regimen. Using reverse osmosis and rain water. Growing them in Promix HP with mycorrhiza. Growing them under Thrive agritech Apex model, a white phosphor converted Led that pulls 300 watts from the wall. I run 3 of these to cover my flower room. Going to move to bigger pots once they root out a bit more in the cells.
8DE7A9F3-BDBA-4C35-81B8-F3182AE5E728.jpeg

Green Highland

I just realized you are using yellow traps m
mate but thrips are attracted to the blue ones. Hopefully you can beat them.
The two most attractive trap base colours for thrips are blue (peak at 450 nm) and yellow (peak at 550 nm). So you are correct but yellow also work very well. I’m hitting with purecrop every couple of days and these will be gone in two weeks. I’ve just been slacking.

Hammerhead

Disabled Farmer
ICMag Donor
Veteran
TIP: After every feed take a stick and fluff the top 3" of medium.. After doing this and eliminating any there are You will never have an issue with gnats again..

Thrips will not be affected by those yellow sticky pads unless that's changed. Bright colors attack flyers. I don't see thrips listed on the yellow type.

I don't use sticky pads.. Any organic active oil is an awesome killer/preventative.

Last edited:

revegeta666

Pests captured by yellow sticky traps include adults of fungus gnats, thrips, and whiteflies, aphids, psyllids, and sharpshooters.
I can't quite see the text very well like that, maybe you should underline it and color it as well, like this

Blue sticky traps are sometimes used for thrips because this color is more attractive to thrips. Howeverinsects are more difficult to discern and count in blue traps. Yellow sticky traps attract a wider variety of pest insects and are recommended for most situations.

Overall, and especially during bloom, blue sticky traps were most attractive, followed by yellow and then white sticky traps. Clear (color-free) traps collected the fewest thrips.Mar 1, 2018

edit - I can google as well :ROFLMAO:

Last edited:

Latest posts

Latest posts