What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

X18 (TH), Muscadine Mash, & Mandala #1 with hippie_lettuce

hippie_lettuce

Garden Nymph
Veteran
Sad news! One of the Muscadine Mash doesn't look like it will make it. The cotyledons are not looking healthy BUT I do see some green, so it has about a 10% chance of making it.

If it doesn't, I will plant another one next Monday, just in time to catch another fruitful water sign.

hippie_lettuce

Garden Nymph
Veteran
Update!

Update!

First the Mandala #1's.
picture.php

picture.php

X18's.
picture.php

picture.php

Muscadine Mash
picture.php

picture.php

As you can see Muscadine Mash #2 is behind, but that's because the cotyledons kinda fell off before it could get a good start. Anyway it is alive, so I'm happy for it.

hippie_lettuce

Garden Nymph
Veteran
Yep, they are in their new homes now (1 gal pots) except for the smallest Muscadine Mash. The soil mix that we bought was under $20, and it is a "professional" blend made with coir, fine bark, peat, dolomitic lime, rice hulls, and I added earthworm castings and a bit more dolomite lime. I also added the two guanos we have (jamaican and mexican). So they should be good all throughout veg. We will water with some Maxicrop, that is liquid seaweed, and perhaps some Botanicare Sweet later on when they are about to switch to flowering.

The water is also sitting out in a bucket and bubbling. We will add the Maxicrop to that.

P

Peat

Hey Hipster :wave:
Nice 'lings! :respect:

I'm not experienced with enriched soils / organic solids.
But, I'll second our good uncle fishstick. :respect:
That mix sounds much better.

:listen2: I'm sure it's there, but I don't see perlite listed.

hippie_lettuce

Garden Nymph
Veteran
Thanks Peat for stopping by. I'm so excited about the Muscadine Mash. Yep perlite is in there, forgot to list it lol. I really like this soil, only cost $18 and it will be reused, thanks to Uncle's wisdom!! :D

Mmm...we're smoking on some early picked (died on the stem) Norcal Daddy's Girl...I LOVE IT!

Group photo! The top left and bottom left are Muscadine Mash. The middle ones are X18, and the ones on the far right are Mandala #1.
picture.php

hippie_lettuce

Garden Nymph
Veteran
Thanks everyone for stopping by. Okay, pic update and again more group photos. The pictures have some splotchiness, it's probably because the lens was dusty.

picture.php

X18
picture.php

Muscadine Mash (I think I got what's called The Rick James pheno [thanks to Lola for naming her plant that!!] :D It's the bigger MM)
picture.php

Mandala #1
picture.php

We fed them 1/8 ml of Maxicrop (per liter of water). Each plant got about 2 tsp. of the mixture. Other than that they are not getting fed extra.

hippie_lettuce

Garden Nymph
Veteran
Not good for those on dial-up!! lol

Not good for those on dial-up!! lol

I did not get a group shot so you guys will have to deal with six or seven separate pics. Sorry if you're on a slow connection!
This is about 5-6 days worth of growth.

X18 (1)
picture.php

X18 (2)
picture.php

Muscadine Mash (1); We call this the Michael Jackson pheno because its got a white-edged leaf :biglaugh:
picture.php

Muscadine Mash (2)
picture.php

Mandala #1 (1)
picture.php

Mandala #1 (2)
picture.php

Automatic plant waterer thingy (ceramic cone tip and works via capillary action)
picture.php

unclefishstick

Fancy Janitor
ICMag Donor
Veteran
thanks for pre answering my question!! everything looks great Hippie,doing really well this round,bravo!!!:yay::trampoline:

hippie_lettuce

Garden Nymph
Veteran
:woohoo:

Yeah I give ALOT of credit to the Third Quarter fruitful Moon sign. If you don't believe it, or are on the fence about it, THIS IS PROOF!

Wanna see MORE proof? Here's some fuzzy, big white roots for ya. It's Tom Hill's Haze, by the way. This pic doesn't really do it justice..but I'm just saying it's probably some of the thickest, whitest roots I've seen in our garden. They started crawling out of the holes of the pot LOL
picture.php

X18 are short broadleaf, while the Mandala #1's are getting quite tall. Only been feeding with earthworm casting tea mixed with Botanicare Sweet.
Mandala #1's will go into flower in a couple of weeks.

hippie_lettuce

Garden Nymph
Veteran
Booo!!

Booo!!

There was one casualty over the weekend. Poor Muscadine Mash baby died. R.I.P man.

Everyone else went into flower. I think Muscadine Mash #2 is a boy, though. So I went ahead and asked LolaGal about the moon signs and whether it was favorable to plant, and I planted another Muscadine Mash. It was popping out of its shell, so hopefully it makes it.

Muscadine Mash
picture.php

Mandala #1
picture.php

X18
picture.php

They are about 8-9" tall. Getting fed this week with 1 gallon mixture of water, 1 ml Sweet, and 1/4 ml Maxicrop. Getting transplanted, hopefully next weekend, into Smart Pots. Whichever ones are female.

Oh yeah, almost forgot. Those ceramic waterers work pretty good. I just need to make sure that the water in the "res" is enough for the amount of time I need. It's like Earthboxes...but 50% off! :woohoo:

Last edited: