What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

X18 (TH), Muscadine Mash, & Mandala #1 with hippie_lettuce

hippie_lettuce

Garden Nymph
Veteran
So begins the chronicles of 2 X18 beans, 2 Muscadine Mash beans, and 2 Mandala #1 beans. Why 2 of each, you may ask? Not enough space, and we try to limit the # of plants we grow. This is primarily a tester run for all three strains. I have not grown the X18 before, and it was graciously given to me by Tom to test. The Muscadine Mash were also gifts, and I will try to do them justice! I've heard only great things about MM! And, of course, an old friend...Mandala #1. I've grown her once before, and had a great experience. She ended up chunky with a nice heady high. So, hopefully I get that pheno again :)

They were put straight into soil because we ended up with moldy rooting cubes. They are in those 16 oz red dixie cups, sitting on top of the warm refrigerator.

Updates when they crack open. Tag along for the ride! :dance013:

W

WeldFlash420

Whoooo Hoooooo!!! Just saw this and had to tag up! Happy New yr, HL!

unclefishstick

Fancy Janitor
ICMag Donor
Veteran
you are going to love the MM,my gk's smell sooo good. check in on the other test threads hippie,i seem to remember some folks having germ problems with some of the TH seeds.

hippie_lettuce

Garden Nymph
Veteran
We sanded down the sides somewhat. Just a couple rubs on each side (for MM and X18). Freeganja is going to be running Tom's Haze, so watch out for that thread soon! If they do not hatch in a few days, we will try to rub em again. We have never put cannabis seeds straight into soil for germing, so hopefully this goes in our favor lol.

hippie_lettuce

Garden Nymph
Veteran
:woohoo:

Great news everyone!! All MM, Mandala #1, and X-18 are coming out! Tap roots are out on the MM, one of the X-18, and one of the Mandala #1. The rest are starting to split open. I'm keeping em next to the heater..not too close, though :)

BTW, these were sown on Third Quarter Fruitful Cancer Moon sign.

unclefishstick

Fancy Janitor
ICMag Donor
Veteran
you may have this to look forward to hippie
picture.php

i'm gonna need a coke can soon,still 2 weeks to go,this is rm's version,but mine and weldflash's looked about the same

hippie_lettuce

Garden Nymph
Veteran
:dance013::smokeit:

I saw Lola's plant...and her beans are like mine, so that means mine will be similar to if not the same as hers.

We will try the girls that we get from this batch in Earthboxes. Right now we are trying to decide what kinda soil we'll be using. Something that doesn't have too much bark.

Oh yeah, we'll be also vegging these for at least 6 weeks, if not 8 weeks. I think the Mandala #1 will veg for 5. So we'll see. Just as long as they don't die before that stage, lol!

unclefishstick

Fancy Janitor
ICMag Donor
Veteran
just get all your ducks in a row this time,dont chase problems by having everything ready,and get some lime!!

hippie_lettuce

Garden Nymph
Veteran
lime dolomite, maybe add to the Miracle Gro? I don't even know if that's what we're using next time.

At any rate, the two X18 are already under the T5. They were the first ones up and out, and now the first ones getting the sun. :woohoo:

Haze beans are still closed. Tom Hill says 5-7 days waiting time, hopefully it's sooner!

unclefishstick

Fancy Janitor
ICMag Donor
Veteran
lime dolomite, maybe add to the Miracle Gro? I don't even know if that's what we're using next time.

At any rate, the two X18 are already under the T5. They were the first ones up and out, and now the first ones getting the sun. :woohoo:

Haze beans are still closed. Tom Hill says 5-7 days waiting time, hopefully it's sooner!

yes,fine dolomite lime.just trying to help you avoid problems.I know its tough but plan as far ahead as you can,if you can give us a complete list of what you have and plan to use we can help with any gaps you may have before any problems come up.

hippie_lettuce

Garden Nymph
Veteran
Maybe it is easier to just list what we have lol.

As of right now, we have:
Miracle Gro soil (maybe we will use another brand)
Tiger Bloom
Sunleaves bat Guano, Nitrogen & Phosphorus (pellet form)
Botanicare Cal-mag, Sweet, & Clearex
Thrive Alive (red)
Roots Organics bat guano (Phosphorus) liquid
Also some organic pest remover

In a week or so, we will be ordering 2 Earthboxes.

250 & 150 HPS

Vegging under T5's & cfl's

I forget who it was or where I read that Miracle Gro uses too much bark, and that's not really good. Maybe it was you, Unc! lol But in the next couple of weeks we will be shopping around. I am also going to buy some earthworm castings.

Now I dunno how these Mandala #1s will like feeding. The last one really loved Tiger Bloom, but I will still be careful with these. Any info about growing out X18 will be appreciated!! I've already got Peat's Place bookmarked, as well as Lola's thread about her Muscadine Mash, so I think I am okay with those. As for the X18, I will probably have to look at JamieShoes' thread.

unclefishstick

Fancy Janitor
ICMag Donor
Veteran
Tiger Bloom
Sunleaves bat Guano, Nitrogen & Phosphorus (pellet form)
Botanicare Cal-mag, Sweet, & Clearex
Thrive Alive (red)
Roots Organics bat guano (Phosphorus) liquid
Also some organic pest remover

the only real gap i see is K,get some kelp meal if you can,its generally pretty cheap,or any liquid seaweed would be good too,they have it a home despot and lowes.if you can find black gold organic soil thats a good base for everything. i would expect the x18 will need less nutes than the MM,mandala strains do well with low nute loads and still produce well.iwould put the x18 and mandala #1 together in one box and the MM in the other earthbox,the haze i would keep seperate.

hope that helps out!!

hippie_lettuce

Garden Nymph
Veteran
Thanks! That's what we were thinking. The Hazes would have to go in separate pots, who knows how big they will get :chin:

I have known that K was missing, and I didn't know how to supply it. Where can you get Black Gold soil? I don't think I have seen that before.

All that Home de Pot has is Miracle Gro and some other random stuff. I talked to Lola about the Miracle Gro and she says that she has to add lime or else the pH goes down. So the MM likes to eat, eh?

unclefishstick

Fancy Janitor
ICMag Donor
Veteran
my gk f2's were picky about food until the roots got big,than they took off,i did feed them a bit for me,they got lots of molasses and guano tea,plus a couple of shots of bio stimulants.black gold is just the most common nationwide brand.I didnt like the miracle grow stuff,but i dont think i added any lime.what i look for on the label is ph balanced,if they have an ingredient breakdown thats also good.look for things like alfalfa meal,ewc,rock dust,yucca extract. the more stuff the better it seems,the miracle grow is like bark mulch,poultry meal,and one other thing,not very diverse,prob works fine if you use their nute line

hippie_lettuce

Garden Nymph
Veteran
Hmm..Miracle Grow Organic Choice has slow release fertilizers, which are not really listed on the ingredients. So, they are a "mystery" and can be detrimental to the grow. Now I really do think that I should go with a good base soil. I'll look for Black Gold, and I'm sure there are others. I'll check the nurseries (that are open at this time of the year) as well as Home de Pot.

I was going to purchase some Roots Organics soil, which has "bat guano, premium earth worm castings, fish bone meal, feather meal, green sand, mycorrihzae, glacial rock dust, soybean meal, humic acid, and many more." I'm still browsing around.

unclefishstick

Fancy Janitor
ICMag Donor
Veteran
that roots organic sound perfect,already has some K,well,looks fairly complete,some thing like that will get you through the first month on just water for the most part,and a transplant before flower anf you should do well.

hippie_lettuce

Garden Nymph
Veteran
Okay, all are now under the T5 except for one GK whose tap root is not quite big enough. I should perform the shell-shedding operation soon, so it is not too far behind the others. One Mandala #1 already has a pretty purple stem, so does another X18.

Latest posts

Latest posts