What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

WV's some of this and that!!

Vash

Ol' Skool
ICMag Donor
Veteran
I'm very interested to see the difference in bud structure - if any - with the addition of the HPS, as opposed to the LED.

wvkindbud38

Elite Growers Club
Veteran
I'm very interested to see the difference in bud structure - if any - with the addition of the HPS, as opposed to the LED.

Yes, very curious myself. I can't really mount my Leds to lower them to to plants. I just mount them about as high as they go. They usually grow close to the top on the light, or I'll move the plants or get something to raise the plants some. I've got a older home that was wired back in the 70s early 80s. Half the outlets are fried, and wired backwards. I got a meter to plug in the outlet that tells how it's wired, and a multimeter. I got a 20amp breaker I was gonna replace in the kitchen. It's a big 200amp box, used to have power ran to my wifes dad's garage, and they had a tanning bed ??? I can do some electrical stuff, if you grow long enough you learn how unless your rich or have a electrician friend. I can do alot, but there's a lot I don't know, and electricity is dangerous. But I've got everything hooked up properly in my grow....or at least it's working and the cords are staying cool. I always make sure my cords stay pretty cool. But I was trying to fix me a 20amp breaker from something that's unhooked, like the old tanning bed or building. But I'll probably end up eventually getting a electrician to help get this mess fixed up. I'd have to hide everything and find somebody that don't live 5mins away. But we'll see, I always liked a Hortilux bulb myself, and have grew a lot of plants under them!!!

wvkindbud38

Elite Growers Club
Veteran
I also switched from Silica Blast to the Armour Si silica, it was about 5$ cheaper a quart and I grabbed it this time. I liked the Silica Blast. I've not used much of this Armour SI to try it out, but you gotta add it first and stir it before you add your ferts to it???

wvkindbud38

Elite Growers Club
Veteran
I turned up the wick on everything, added 1tbs a gal calmag and armour Si silicia, add 1 TBS 2x of Fox Farm Grow, and 4x Tiger Bloom. Got the ph around 6.35ish. All the plants are getting good and wet. I might go dry tomorrow, and get my door fixed up back there. Also forgot a full room shot, but I'm gonna keep everything mixed as strong as I can without burning. That's a pretty strong mixture for me. But I've grew seed plants for 15-20yrs not clones!!! I just wanna do these legendary strains justice hopefully put a decent grow on!!!

wvkindbud38

Elite Growers Club
Veteran
Ok here's some full pics. If you look to the back, that's were I'm gonna put me a door that I can get to the Veg area without having to move that shit and keep taping places up. I'll probably get it put up tomorrow or the next day. These hinges I got I'd almost get some bigger ones or buy another like I've got. But there's the lollypopped one is the small Key Lime x Dos that's the only plant with a different soil mix.....it has that Stonington blend instead of Ocean Forest. But like I said it's still about a 5:3 ratio of Promix to Stonington or the Ocean Forest.

wvkindbud38

Elite Growers Club
Veteran
Well I didn't post them lol. The 2nd is the Key Lime x Dos and the 3rd in the green bucket is a big ECSD!!! I took Unclefishsticks advice and doubled up the Calmag, and decide myself to just up the Silica also. These are very old plants, I kept them hanging around in Veg until the last mounth or so I've started increases feed and stuff. I've got a good size Veg room behind that plastic and can make it bigger by removing some plastic lol. I just try to keep it sealed in the Veg and Flowering room, well really just the flowering room is sealed off. But once I get that door put up and get everything darked out once it's complete. After looking at all my clones I'm getting VERY tempted to do a Burning Man, and Sour Valley. There in Solo Cups but look good and I feel I can find my extra Led !!!!@

wvkindbud38

Elite Growers Club
Veteran
Here's a few products I ordered from Plantonix. There's some Earthworm castings, Humic Acid, Seaweed Bliss, and a type of myrrcorrihea I put around the roots as directed on ALL plants.

wvkindbud38

Elite Growers Club
Veteran
Pardon me or don't read......but every have a God fucking damnit moment. I burned a extension cord up last nite, got busy and didn't trace the wire. Well I replaced it late yesterday and didn't have enough cord smh, I haven't really fucked up yet lol, Thank God the cord was in the yard, I'm REALLY good about checking these cords. But the fucked up thing it was coming a decent fucking rain and I pumped out the basement. And after that cord burned up outside I had to unplug 2 lights that are on the main end thank god if there's any bronze lining it's the light that mainly was covering the Key Lime x Dos I brought out about a week ago, the other light probably got my big BM mom, see blocked it from covering a lot more plants were she's so thick and big, also a small OGKB 2.0 is down there and a nice ECSD got some light. But yes I fucking plugged those SOBs into the main power I run fans on.......I just went to check for light leaks around that fucking door and the sec I opened I was like fuck. But like I said most of the big stuff is in the back. Yea 20yrs+ and fuck up I'm so disgusted as you guys know, Man I guess get my ass out here and get the fuckers back on the timer and prey. I'll be looking for balls that's for sure. Maybe once they get back normal schedule it might just stress them some. I've had power outages outta my hands, but I'm pretty sure I've not left them on through a flowering cycle.....hell I probably have at one time. Sorry guys but I'm sure it was mainly just the 5 plants. That Key Lime x Dos was kinda off to the side, the other light got to more, thank god that Burning Man Mom blocked that light. Damn everything was all to such a good start....SMH

Vash

Ol' Skool
ICMag Donor
Veteran
Yep, those fuckups are inevitable. They're going to happen. It's not if, it's when. It goes along with the territory. The best thing you can do is minimize them, and when they do happen, handle it, learn from it, and keep it moving.

wvkindbud38

Elite Growers Club
Veteran
Yea I don't think maybe 4-5 plants got the light, Its just a cross your fingers and hope type thing. I'm going have my ass out in the morning to make sure where back right 110%. Maybe get to Lowe's and get a few extension cords. I need at least 100ft and either 25 or 50ft. Some of these green cords are light duty so be careful. There more for Xmas lights. And that cord had been outside in countless rains and snows over the past 3yrs at least. It wasn't even taped. I feel to make sure there not to hot, but gonna have to check the connections and tape them up good. I'm just a old man losing his memory basically lol...nah more smoking to much I think. I feel when I was growing all those different strains indoors and out that it nearly burned me out. That's why I just went 2-3 maybe 4 strains this year. I kinda feel smoking so much different weed has REALLY got me slowing down some. It's like I'm smoking 10 different joints a day, different killer weed in them all. I'm really hitting a few plants hard to get clones from that were good. Probably not gonna be what it was first, but a few strains if there even close are keepers.

wvkindbud38

Elite Growers Club
Veteran
Added Mikrobs, increased the dose pretty high. Still below full strength but getting close. It's definitely kept my plants looking happy!!!!

DARKSIDER

Official Seed Tester
ICMag Donor
Veteran
Well I didn't post them lol. The 2nd is the Key Lime x Dos and the 3rd in the green bucket is a big ECSD!!! I took Unclefishsticks advice and doubled up the Calmag, and decide myself to just up the Silica also. These are very old plants, I kept them hanging around in Veg until the last mounth or so I've started increases feed and stuff. I've got a good size Veg room behind that plastic and can make it bigger by removing some plastic lol. I just try to keep it sealed in the Veg and Flowering room, well really just the flowering room is sealed off. But once I get that door put up and get everything darked out once it's complete. After looking at all my clones I'm getting VERY tempted to do a Burning Man, and Sour Valley. There in Solo Cups but look good and I feel I can find my extra Led !!!!@

A good few on the go here m8 looks well :tiphat:

wvkindbud38

Elite Growers Club
Veteran
Yea hopefully that lapse in mind will not prevent it. I got everything right on the timers. And had some replacement cords to use, I've got a couple new cords on the way I might get up today if I get in time. But thanks I'm trying, got a few more I might bring outdoors in the Veg area pretty soon.

wvkindbud38

Elite Growers Club
Veteran
Oh finally found a quart of life cloning solution from RX, my buddy said it's great for the clone machines. So hopefully when that gets here we can get a ton of cuts!!! That ECSD is about the best luck I have. I guess that's a good thing. I've got a few in RR I'm not sure if they'll do anything and a few SV, and ECSD in my small clonining machine.

wvkindbud38

Elite Growers Club
Veteran
I added a small clone to the flowering room, it's a Burning Man.....the biggest one from those I cloned. I'VE got 3 Sour Valley I think, it's getting hard not to run one of those. I'll probably give some serious thought because I have a few in the cloner rooting, and I want to run a few SV next year

wvkindbud38

Elite Growers Club
Veteran
I added a older 500watt Updayday and I've got 12v power supply coming so I can hopefully repair a 1000w Updayday we got.....as many know I worked in a custom light factory. So I can do some minor work as long as my buddy tells me what to do. I'm still not made up my mind about another clone in this indoor grow. I think after adding the BM clone the old room is loaded like sardines in a can. Man that HPS Horrilux is looking great the plants getting it's like. The Mars Hydro SP 250s are beast of lights, I've got 1 of those. I've got a bunch of 1000w, and a couple 1800w Updayday Leds I like. I've even got 2 small ones that's great for clones or seedlings. I've got that 3522 smart series from Canna lights. And several EnjoYield lights. I hope I can fix this 1000w, I've fixed one that wasn't working. I'm afraid I messed it up trying to use a smaller power supply. But It was plain water around 6.4 yesterday. I've got a got mix were I add several things I'm using tonite. These older plants are showing buds fast, there ready to get on with it!!! Gotta water the Veg room now, and a few mothers. I'm going dig me out a few good outdoor plants. I'm not saying I got a few of my Tahoe OGs to root just yet, but man I think there's gonna be one or 2 I see roots on, some ecsd, and sour valley. I'm pretty good at cloning them ECSD, knock on wood but hope to get 4-5 new clones from the cloning machine. Next time I'll add some life solution and hopefully notice a improvement, at around 30$ a quart its steep, some places selling in for 36-40$ for a quart. I paid a will definitely give the results from a novice cloner at best. There's several pesty plants I'm trying to get cuts from thats giving me fits. I'm gonna clean out the 45site, which I'm 0 for 2 with. I'm decent with the 35site I usually get about half or more/less depending. But as fast as my mothers grow I gotta prune a lot and get the nice cuts. I hope at least one of those Tahoe OG root!!!! That along with SFV and Fire OG are my favs. This Tahoe has huge leaves kinda like a WiFi or something. The other I have going, there's a #1 and #2. I need to get a few of the #1 clones, I think the plant structure looks more old school Tahoe which I might prefer. It's been probably a decade since I'm grew or smoke the Tahoe OG. I know it's probably been worked alot, It looks like a lot stouter plant. Maybe crossed the Green Crack to the Tahoe, the big plants, not viney like the decade old SFV and Tahoe. That Fire OG I know is used in Cookie crosses because I've recently smoked some weed with that Fire OG Raskal feel to it. That's why I believe the Cookies are a special OG cut from the Fire OG, maybe another OG Pheno. I know the WiFi kinda has that Fire OG hint of taste. We'll eventually do a ALL OG thread of the best varietys!!!! I like the Biker Kush also, my buddy crossed this to a SFVbx3 and there killer. Just gotta go through some seeds and get a nice female. I'll get the SFV eventually to run with the Tahoe. Hell I'm probably talking 2 grows down the road!!! I just wanna,keep interesting strains for you guys. Also if theres something you guys wanna see grown, just let me know. If I can find it I'll grow it. I also started another Grapology for a mom, everybody loved those buds. And you couldn't tell any difference from the indoor plant or outdoor, The outdoor got about 10ft so it'll be something to keep short. As that Bellini that grew like 2 ft, I could probably get 30 of those. I also got my 2 favs this last summer Lemon Tree x Lemon Jack or Pine I've been calling it. Damn pine needles all the way. And the Moby Dick!!!! Man seemed like a blast from the past. Reminds me of Dutch passion WW from 2000s early on that was great. But I can already tell those 3 plants I'll have to keep for awhile

wvkindbud38

Elite Growers Club
Veteran
Just keeping the feed bumped up on these. Got a good dose of Open Seasame 1/2tsp 6x and Beastie Blooms 2x in a 6gal jug I use. These are some beautys guys!! I hope that F-up the other day doesn't mess anything up!! I haven't sprayed these with Trifecta Crop Control yet and need to tomorrow for sure.