What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

WTF is wrong with my plants?

troutman

Seed Whore
I have serious growing issues.

I've been growing for well over 25 years so it's not like I'm a new grower.
But I have never had plants get this problem. I've tried 2 different soils
and have kept my eye on temp, pH, nutrient levels, light levels using a
light meter etc.

I haven't done anything different from my past grows.

It's like WTF is going on. This is like 4 grows since July that end like this.
Am I being attacked by some new plant disease? I have looked at some
roots using a USB microscope and only saw a few springtails and nematodes.
I'm trying peroxide now to deal with the nematodes even though there's
only a few of them.

Hope somebody can figure this out. :thank you:

full

full

full

full

full

jackspratt61

I have serious growing issues.

I've been growing for well over 25 years so it's not like I'm a new grower.
But I have never had plants get this problem. I've tried 2 different soils
and have kept my eye on temp, pH, nutrient levels, light levels using a
light meter etc.

I haven't done anything different from my past grows.

It's like WTF is going on. This is like 4 grows since July that end like this.
Am I being attacked by some new plant disease? I have looked at some
roots using a USB microscope and only saw a few springtails and nematodes.
I'm trying peroxide now to deal with the nematodes even though there's
only a few of them.

Hope somebody can figure this out. :thank you:

full

full

full

full

full
Have you checked your water lately? Bought new nutes?

troutman

Seed Whore
No hops grown in my area of Northern Ontario that I ever heard of.
I grew these genetics twice before and made pure seeds both times.
I got seeds from a totally unrelated type coming out of the soil now.
Time will tell if they get affected.

Ca++

I make my own seeds and don't import clones into my place.
So unless this virus just arrived out of thin air I don't have a clue.
There is a lot more yet to be named, than the hops virus.
What is your water supply?
Been smoking other peoples, then touched them?
If just a little got in, then it probably started at an isolated spot. One particular plant. It's less likely to just do all your stock at the same time. Different plants will fend it off longer than others, and such.

I think, despite two soils being used, that it looks like organic corner shop mix.

I would be thinking about a 3rd bag of heavy peat based stuff, that can support a plant for many weeks. Pop in a seed, and just use bottled water. This isolates feed water and soil from your other plants. Seeing if it is one of them three.

I would not be entirely surprised if your water was contaminated. If they are getting around to fixing something, they might be using more cleaner than usual. Things like that can stunt a grow, within regulated limits.

troutman

Seed Whore
There is a lot more yet to be named, than the hops virus.
What is your water supply?
Been smoking other peoples, then touched them?
If just a little got in, then it probably started at an isolated spot. One particular plant. It's less likely to just do all your stock at the same time. Different plants will fend it off longer than others, and such.

I think, despite two soils being used, that it looks like organic corner shop mix.

I would be thinking about a 3rd bag of heavy peat based stuff, that can support a plant for many weeks. Pop in a seed, and just use bottled water. This isolates feed water and soil from your other plants. Seeing if it is one of them three.

I would not be entirely surprised if your water was contaminated. If they are getting around to fixing something, they might be using more cleaner than usual. Things like that can stunt a grow, within regulated limits.

I keep to myself and haven't smoke a joint with anyone in over 10 years.
Also I live alone and don't allow anyone in here. I go out to meet family,etc.
Using tap water like always. I have 24 pots and they all look like that.
There's 4 other Cannabis plants started earlier and they're fine so it can't be the
water or nutrients.

Here's 2 pic of 3 of 4 Cannabis plants from a strain I created of which
the parents were from the same genetics as the 24 small plants which
are struggling. They look healthy to me.

full

full

Even growing a few Catnip plants in 1 pot to see if something else can grow under the same conditions.
Btw: Catnip got some funky Terps. :biggrin:

full

Cvh

Supermod
As we also talked in PM. Didn't you say your problems started when you switched lighting from hps to led?

As we talked about it a while ago, my opinion is that it might be because of the colder temperatures of your soil. That because of this something viral/bacterial might have infected your plants that was breeding in the cold wet soil. I had a similar issue when I had let my pots with seedlings get too cold in combination with too much water.

Check my plant out, this is -in my opinion - because of too cold and too wet soil temperature making it a breeding ground for something nasty that infected the plant.

full

Last edited:

linde

Gotta be the genetics if the other plants in same soil/ water are fine. I had a Hawaiian hermaphrodite strain that I grew strictly outdoors from seed for years. The kind of hermies that only throw 1 or 2 flowers all female seeds. Great for outdoors...anyway and the last time I grew it they all looked just like your sick plants. Something genetically broke down. Im no scientist but I concluded that was the cause. Maybe too much inbreeding? It was quite a bummer as I've never been able to find a plant again with those exotic terps and trippy buzz.

Normannen

Anne enn Normal
Veteran
one last suggestion , the surfire way to know if its pathogenic or genetic is to pop parental seeds. if they react the same way you are doing something wrong with the setup, or it's a pathogen; on the other hand if they are fine, your problem is inherited weakness.

FletchF.Fletch

420club
Hey @troutman sorry you're having problems. Nothing more frustrating to a seasoned grower than a series of recurring issues. May things improve quickly.

How fresh or old are the seeds being sprouted?
Which nutes are you using and at what strengths?
Were the nutes and soil purchased online or from a growshop/retail store?
Which light are you using, and what intensity settings and distance from plant tops are you working with?

Latest posts

Latest posts