What's new

WTF is w/feminized genetics,

DocLeaf

procreationist
ICMag Donor
Veteran
which bit of i've seen it done don't you get?, you don't take bobthegrowers word either... we have all this scientific evidence on gynoecious lines etc yet all the naysayers call witchcraft... Kopite

We'd suggest that perhaps your buddies dont have the real Exodus Cheese,, but the Kachina clone, a BigBuddha's Cheese clone,, or one of the other unstable clones people put about town as Cheese :D

Hope this helps

p.s. remember,, i doez dis : http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jH7RQqTv5NE

DocLeaf

procreationist
ICMag Donor
Veteran
Yeah fella,, like this...

7253UnknownClone2.JPG

It was put to us as Cheese,, but sure wasnt when it started to spit seeds under stress.

7253UnknownClone5.JPG

.. dude,, you dont want beef with us! ...trust us about that,, cause we'll murk you like we murked the last man :bandit:

One love all :canabis:

K

kopite

From Doc Leaf

We agree with whoever said dont breed with S1!

We started crushing ALL bagseeds,, regardless of how good the dope was. There's no point in keeping S1 as a base of genetic stock,, end of.

Originally Posted by Dalaihempy View Post
REPEAT Provide the proof but you cant can you the fact that males have shown up in fem seeds and hermies is proof inuf that female seeds are as stable as well some posting in this thread.

Dude,, we dont have any photos,, dont grow many fem. seeds really ,, but trust hermaphodites and males (1:1000+) are reported with feminized seeds ocassionally.

Personally we never seen one nana, let alone herm,, but there's time yet... lol

This is a feminized Black jack [Sweet Seeds],, a feminized hybrid between Black Domina and Jack Herer,,,

on what basis do you say don't breed with S1 seed? also why do you ask for others to display pics when you actually don't provide them yourself? pot kettle etc.

Think you have us confused

We don't dig feminized seeds so much,, and bigbuddha's a cool gizza (the BIGGEST breeder in the UK). Heads up!

We've grown plenty fem. seeds,, produced S1 eekamouse seeds ,, and breed with feminized seeds. But still what do we know? (we can always learn something new)

Peace, less hatn, more love

so in one post you state we don't grow many fem seed then in another you state we've grown plenty of fem seed etc, which exactly is it ?

I think Charlie Garcia summed it up when he said Selection is the key in any program...

please keep posting away Doc Leaf you really show yourself up and I enjoy it!

Kopite

K

kopite

Yeah fella,, like this...

7253UnknownClone2.JPG

7253UnknownClone5.JPG

.. dude,, you dont want beef with us! ...trust us about that,, cause we'll murk you like we murked the last man :bandit:

One love all :canabis:

lmao bring it bitch don't sing it.... internet G man

DocLeaf

procreationist
ICMag Donor
Veteran
on what basis do you say don't breed with S1 seed? also why do you ask for others to display pics when you actually don't provide them yourself?

Maybe because we have grown self-set seeds and bred self-set seeds to and from unstable stock in the past... and it is NOT the best way of preserving genetics for future growers... which is our aim as breeders. Those are some of the plants we used pollen from in the post above to make unstable feminized seeds with.

Grapefruit [female seeds] ,,, This OLD Fem line made loads of intersex flowers and self-seeds,, really unstable.. because it was produced via stress not inhibition

7253grapefruit.JPG

Now we do NOT have ANY photos of new feminized seed with hermaphrodites because NONE of the following breeders doing Coloide Silver treatment on clone fem. lines have displayed any so far:

Hy-Pro, GreenHouse Seeds, Kannabia, Royal Queen Seeds, Sweet Seeds.

.. we'll keep yo'll posted if we find a NEW FEM seed pack that chucks pollen out. So far we havent found any.

Hope this helps

DocLeaf

procreationist
ICMag Donor
Veteran
Just because we do not fully agree with the ethical and cultural reliance upon feminized seeds,,, doesn't mean we dont help test new feminized seed genetics for major seedbanks still!

This seedline is a fem. x reg. ,, this is our own line,, an experiment to judge the results of feminized seed stock as parent plants:

picture.php

And sure thing we kill every bagseed we find in local sensi flowers,, and only keep seeds from regular seed genetics we know the origins of.. that were purposely crossed. Who ya kidding?

We're still doing it kid! :D

Last edited:
K

kopite

I won't bother replying to the 1st bit, you've shown yourself as immature, i'm not here for a pissing match. (nice edit btw)

Maybe because we have grown self-set seeds and bred self-set seeds to and from unstable stock in the past... and it is NOT the best way of preserving genetics for future growers... which is our aim as breeders. Those are some of the plants we used pollen from in the post above to make unstable feminized seeds with.

well if bred from unstable stock and not stabilised what do you expect? and if you are preserving then OP, use a SELBLK type method and even within that you can preserve via selfing... as always selection is key just like education!!

Kopite

Rouge

OK hold up, time-out ............................... I believe I have something to add to this subject if it hasn't been bought up already........... Namely, that if genetically modified (GM) corn has negative effects on your kidneys, liver, and triglyceride level ..........according to this French Scientist............. what are the consequence of GM weed? Assuming of course that feminized seeds is sexual genetic manipulation.

D

Dalaihempy

Well been doing a little research lots to read but fund this interesting.

First Discovery of the Female Sex Hormone Progesterone in a Plant

(Feb. 7, 2010) — In a finding that overturns conventional wisdom, scientists are reporting the first discovery of the female sex hormone progesterone in a plant. Until now, scientists thought that only animals could make progesterone. A steroid hormone secreted by the ovaries, progesterone prepares the uterus for pregnancy and maintains pregnancy. A synthetic version, progestin, is used in birth control pills and other medications.

The discovery is reported in the American Chemical Society's Journal of Natural Products.

"The significance of the unequivocal identification of progesterone cannot be overstated," the article by Guido F. Pauli and colleagues, states. "While the biological role of progesterone has been extensively studied in mammals, the reason for its presence in plants is less apparent." They speculate that the hormone, like other steroid hormones, might be an ancient bioregulator that evolved billions of years ago, before the appearance of modern plants and animals. The new discovery may change scientific understanding of the evolution and function of progesterone in living things.

Scientists previously identified progesterone-like substances in plants and speculated that the hormone itself could exist in plants. But researchers had not found the actual hormone in plants until now. Pauli and colleagues used two powerful laboratory techniques, nuclear magnetic resonance and mass spectroscopy, to detect progesterone in leaves of the Common Walnut, or English Walnut, tree. They also identified five new progesterone-related steroids in a plant belonging to the buttercup family.

It looks to me that Science don't seam to know as much as some seam to think about plants.

Will keep reading researching.

And yes i still think fem seeds should be made sterile you can say what ever you like in support for fem seeds but reality is what research has been done to support if any positives that fem seeds give.

U

unthing

Whew, another dramatic thread!

Personally I have some concerns about autoflower femmed flavour of the months might make the genes available to common consumer limited..but then again it might be just a ideal product for newbie market and such (easier to begin the hobby)in the path of progression to other stuff.

Last edited:

hoosierdaddy

ICMag Donor
Veteran
Hempy, you are now on the right road. Don't get sidetracked and stay on task. I just about guarantee you that if you continue to research the thing diligently, and without any bias', you will eventually come to the correct conclusion.

I think having a grasp of what mechanisms that do indeed control all actions of a living plant are essential to clearly visualizing the whole concept.
The genetic map...or maybe a better term the genetic grab bag, has been predetermined by the paternal and maternal, and it is all the plant has to work with. It can shake numerous different variations, but all will be within what the genetic grab bag, that was instilled by the parents, gives the plant to work with. It can only express itself with what genes it has been given. The only time a change takes place in that, is during a mutation, but that is another discussion.
What does control what the genes show us are hormones, or more precisely phytohormones. There are loads of papers to read concerning hormonal effects on plants, and how they are used to manipulate nearly all of the plants actions.
This piece is one of the easier to follow...
Plant Hormones and Growth Regulators

Plant hormones (phytohormones) are physiological intercellular messengers that are needed to control the complete plant lifecycle, including germination, rooting, growth, flowering, fruit ripening, foliage and death. In addition, plant hormones are secreted in response to environmental factors such as abundance of nutrients, drought conditions, light, temperature, chemical or physical stress. Hence, levels of hormones will change over the lifespan of a plant and are dependent upon season and environment.
The term “plant growth factor” is usually employed for plant hormones or substances of similar effect that are administered to plants. Growth factors are widely used in industrialized agriculture to improve productivity. The application of growth factors allows synchronization of plant development to occur. For instance, ripening tomatoes can be controlled by setting desired atmospheric ethylene levels. Using this method, fruits that are separated from their parent plant will still respond to growth factors; allowing commercial plants to be ripened in storage during and after transportation. This way the process of harvesting can be run much more efficiently. Other applications include rooting of seedlings or the suppression of rooting with the simultaneous promotion of cell division as required by plant cell cultures. Just like with animal hormones, plant growth factors come in a wide variety, producing different and often antagonistic effects. In short, the right combination of hormones is vital to achieve the desired behavioral characteristics of cells and the productive development of plants as a whole.

Traditionally five major classes of plant hormones are listed: auxins, cytokinins, gibberellins, abscisic acid and ethylene. However as research progresses, more active molecules are being found and new families of regulators are emerging; one example being polyamines such as putrescine or spermidine.
Note that this classification is based partially on the chemical structure and partially on the commonalities of plant physiological effects that certain substances exhibit. Members of one class may not relate from a structural point of view to another. Auxins for instance include not only many indole 3-carboxylic acid derivatives but numerous phenylacetic acids as well. Most cytokinins (such as zeatins) are derivatives from adenine but still differ widely in their chemical structure. Hence, the mechanism driving action may be different in each case and likewise each specific activity will differ also. This is demonstrated by the range of optimal concentrations required for different factors which spans many decimals (0.001 – 100 mg/L).

Auxins
Auxin is the active ingredient in most rooting mixtures. These products help the vegetative propagation of plants. On a cellular level auxins influence cell elongation, cell division and the formation of adventitious roots. Some auxins are active at extremely low concentrations. Typical auxin concentration range from 0.01 to 10 mg/L.

Cytokinins
Cytokinins promote cell division, stimulate shoot proliferation, activate gene expression and metabolic activity in general. At the same time, cytokinins inhibit root formation. This makes cytokinins useful in culturing plant cell tissue where strong growth without root formation is desirable. Natural cytokinin hormone levels are high during maximum growth periods of mature plants. In addition, cytokinins slow the aging process in plants. Concentrations of cytokinin used for horticulture vary between 0.1 to 10 mg/L

Gibberellins
Gibberellins are derivatives of gibberellic acid. They are natural plant hormones and promote flowering, stem elongation and break dormancy of seeds. There are about 100 different gibberellins, but gibberellic acid (GA3) is the most commonly used form. Gibberellins are fundamental to plant development especially with respect to the growth of stems. Low levels of gibberellins will prevent plants from reaching their natural height. Gibberellin synthesis inhibitors are extensively used in grain production to keep stems artificially short: shorter and thicker stems provide better support and resist weather conditions better too.
Gibberellins are particularly effective at breaking seed dormancy and at speeding up germination. Seeds that are difficult to germinate are frequently treated with gibberillic acid solutions.

Abscisic Acid
Abscisic acid (ABA) is a plant growth inhibitor and an antagonist of gibberellins: it induces dormancy, prevents seeds from germinating and causes abscission of leaves, fruits, and flowers. High concentrations of abscisic acid can be induced by environmental stress such as drought. Elevated levels of abscisic acid will eventually induce dormancy, when all non-essential processes are shut down and only the essential metabolism is maintained in guard cells.

Ethylene
Ethylene is unique in that it is found only in gaseous form. It induces ripening, causes leaves to abscess and promotes senescence. Plants often increase ethylene production in response to stress and before death. Ethylene concentrations fluctuate with the seasons while playing a role in inducing foliage and ripening of fruit.

Polyamines
Polyamines are unique as they are effective (and are applied) in relatively high concentrations. Typical concentrations range from 5 to 500 mg/L. Polyamines influence flowering and promote plant regeneration

I would suggest trying to get a full understanding of auxins and the hormones of the plant, and you will have a clearer picture of what is actually happening, and why it happened, when we use forced pollen.

Remember that I too am a hack, and have no formal training in botany, and only my passion drives my curiosities...
IME, you would serve the community well by actually researching, instead of abstract hoping and making your own conclusions.
Others that have chimed in with blatant ignorance will never serve much up to this community, and are only internet parrots trying to increase their post count.

S

Scruffydss

DP are a joke, that quote about environmentals affecting sexual outcome is merely them giving themselves a getout clause when people discover their 'feminised' seeds produce as many hermies as females.

It would seem there is some anecdotal evidence to suggest that what DP states about environmentals affecting sexual outcome to be true

The following illustrates that by eliminating stress in the 3rd to 4th week of veg actually increases your chances of fem seeds and reduces the chances of hermies - this would apply to regular seeds but there is no reason it would not apply to fem seeds

cut/paste from another forum

Strawdog said:
Here Is How To Produce Mostly Females From Standard Seeds

HERE IS HOW TO PRODUCE MOSTLY FEMALES FROM STANDARD SEEDS ...as written by "Strawdog"

As a grower I always believed that the seed was genetically predisposed to its sexual orientation as soon as fertilization of the ovule took place in the female. Basically this means that if you take a single female plant and produced seeds from her that the ratios are already set in the offspring. If a gender detection test could be established the males could be separated from the females there are then. If this where true then the breeder’s packs of ten seeds per pack could easily turn out to be all males or all females because of this genetic predisposition. However this is not the case!

One of the areas of my interest was in the feminized seed programs that so successfully charged through-the-roof prices on seeds that are reported to grow all females. However, as many growers here like myself have experienced - this is not always the case either!

Feminized seeds work on the bases that there is a genetic predisposition for the plant to produce females because of special treatment that it gets in the selfing stages of a unique XX female. I won’t go into this in detail here because there is enough information on the process across the entire internet. Anyhow, in an optimal growing environment it is very easy to produce ALL females from these treated female plants. OPTIMAL is the key word here because in less than optimal growing conditions strange things start to happen to these feminized seeds.

In a single pack of feminized seeds a grower can produce:
Females.
Hermaphrodites.
Males.

Yeah, that’s right. Males! So where are these males coming from and how are they making there way into the feminized seed process. The answer is a very simple one. Sex is not completely determined in the cannabis plant until a few weeks before flowering. We will talk about this in a moment but now back to the feminized seeds.

In optimal growing conditions feminized seeds will kick out 100% females. This says a lot for growing conditions and the actual role they play on cannabis gender development. How many times have growers seen these effects of multiple genders from Feminized seeds? The answer lies clearly in how well they grow. Growers who are growing in non-stressful conditions will never see the male effect from feminized seeds and so hence it does not exist for them. However over periods time and different growing techniques the grower will eventually see these results when growing in less than optional environments. MALES!

For this reason growers who choose feminized seeds should be forewarned to get their growing environments down to a T. If you prevent stress then you prevent males and hermaphrodites appearing in a feminized seed population. It is as SIMPLY AS THAT.

Now onto the real topic of interest. Boosting those female to male ratios.
As many growers know seed banks are not responsible for male to female ratios. If you get a pack of all males, as many of us have done, then a quick call to your seed bank can maybe help procure some good substitute freebies with your second order. However some will not go along with this. It depends on your relationship with the seed bank. Give a shot anyhow, that is my advice, but be discreet and don’t blame the seed bank or breeder.

A couple of years ago Dutch Passion released an essay on how to increase mostly females from a pack of seeds. This is an excellent piece of work and has helped me to gain more of an interest in this area. In the past few years I have come to develop my own systems to get those ratios on the up and up. Right now I am very happy to report a real increase in my females from standard seeds. Sometimes as high as 90% to 95% on a consistent basis. So how is it done?

I prefer standard seeds for numerous reasons. The first reason being that feminized seeds come from hermie plants. Whichever way you look at it, the specially treated plants are hermed and this trait is often expressed in the offspring where conditions are less than optimal. Even with standard seeds the hermaphrodite condition is still achievable where stress occurs. I seem to have noticed that the two most stressful conditions which can cause the hermaphrodite trait occur before flowering in the vegetative phase of growing is around the 3rd to 4th week of growth before pre-flowering when the plant undergoes either heat stress or a problem with the 24/0 or 18/6 photoperiod (whatever vegetative photoperiod choose doesn’t matter, as long as disruptions occur). Even during the initial stages of calyx development males and females are obvious side by side at the node region. This is hermaphroditism due to vegetative growth problems. In the flowering period, hermaphrodites generally occur quicker because of an irregular photoperiod than anything else and heat stress certainly helps bananas to pop up in with the bud. Now, even Sinsemilla crops will herm towards the end depending on the strain. I don’t class this as a typical case of hermaphrodites. It is just something that some strains naturally do towards the end of the Sinsemilla procedure.

Anyhow for starters we better reproduce what Dutch Passion have to say about there feminized seeds first.
"Feminised Cannabis Seeds"
Courtesy of Dutch Passion

In November 1998 we introduced our "Female Cannabis Seed". We did this after our own experiments showed that from female seed, we acquired almost 100% female off-spring.

In the meantime we are six months further on . We have received a lot of feed-back from our customers. The reactions are mostly positive, clients who have successfully produced almost 100% female off-spring. However there have been reactions from customers who found a few hermaphrodites or males plants. Apparently environmental influences affect the sex of the female seeds as well. Because of the fact that Female seeds do not grow into female plants under all circumstances, we changed the name from "Female Cannabis Seeds" into "Feminised Cannabis Seeds".

From literature and from our own findings it appears that the growth of a male or a female plant from seed, except for the predisposition in the gender chromosomes, also depends on various environmental factors. Not only the origination of entirely male or female plants is partly affected by these environmental factors, the number of male and female flowers on a hermaphrodite plant is affected as well.

The environmental factors that influence the sex of the plant (or the flower in the case of hermaphrodites), are among other things:

The quantity of nitrogen and potassium of the seedbed.
Humidity and moistness of the seedbed.
Level of temperatures.
Colour of the light used.
Length of daylight.
Stress, any form of stress, makes that more male individuals will originate from seed. Even the taking of cuttings from female plants may produce male or hermaphrodite cuttings.

To optimise the result, changes in one or more of the above-mentioned environmental factors for a certain period during growth, may be applied. During this time these environmental factors will deviate from the standard growing system for maximum harvest and quality, as described in nursery literature. The desired change(s) in the environmental factor(s) are started from the moment that the seedling has three pairs of real leaves (not counting the seed-lobes). This is the moment that male and/or female predisposition in florescence is being formed. After approximately two weeks the standard growing system can be reconverted to.

Of the 5 above-mentioned environmental factors the first three are the most practical:

1. Level of nitrogen and potassium of the seedbed: A heightening of the standard level of nitrogen makes for more female plants originating from the seeds. A lowering of the nitrogen level shows more male plants. A heightening of the level of potassium tends to show more male plants, while a lowering of the potassium level shows more female plants. A combination of a higher nitrogen level for the period of a week or two and a lowering of the potassium level is recommended.

2. Humidity and moistness of the seedbed: a higher humidity makes for an increase in the number of female plants from seed, a lowering for an increase in male plants. The same is valid for the moistness of the seedbed.

3. Level of temperatures: lower temperatures make for a larger number of female plants, higher temperatures for more male plants.

4. Colour of light: more blue light makes for female plants from seed, more red light makes for more male plants.

5. Hours of daylight: few hours of daylight (e.g. 14 hours) makes for more female individuals, a long day (e.g. 18 hours) makes for more male plants.

Now let me just make a few adjustments here to this. You can do whatever you want to your plants in seedling stage and early vegetative stage of growth and it will not effect your final male to female ratios. The time when things should be near perfect is in or around the 3rd to 4th week of vegetative growth. This is the CRITICAL TIME for getting those female ratios up and up. I realized this clearly when noticing how some plants hermed because of problems that occurred around this period of the plants development. If the problems occurred before this time - no herms. So for this reason I surmised that this is when the crucial gender selection is made by the plant. Now I believe that the genders are set in the seed however the environment has a massive impact on how this is expressed in the final phenotypic expression of the plants gender. There are probably many genes that govern this, however lets get into how to up these female ratios.

At the 3rd to 4th week of vegetative growth make sure that your plants are free from stress. No pests attacks, no fungi attacks, no mold, no irregular photoperiod, not underwatered, not overwatered, not pruned or topped, a cannabis friendly soil mix, not recently transplanted, no small pots. If have these basic growing conditions under control then we can move onto the real forces of female production from standard seeds.

N:p:K and nutrients. What this simply boils down to is that you have the right nutrients present in the right ratios. A nutrient formulation that has roughly equal parts N, P and K is great but if the P levels go up or the N levels go down you are starting to look at a flowering type food for cannabis. If you do this then your odds of producing mostly females is greatly decreased. Make sure that you get those N, P and K levels to almost run from higher to lower amounts from N to P and K. I have noticed that equal portions of N to P an K can help with the female ratios but the higher N is certainly more helpful. So around the 3rd of 4th week of growth make sure that the ratios are good and that P or K has not gone above the N and P or else more males will occur. Obviously this means to avoid overfeeding your plants around this time too.
Never let your medium dry out completely around the 3rd to 4th week of vegetative growth. If you make sure to water occasionally, but not to overwater your plants, you will get those female ratios on the up and up. Overwatering or drying out of the medium will only produce more males. For consistent results in getting more females keeps those mediums moist.
Humidity. Now this is the tricky one. High humidity levels only promote fungi and mold development and lowering humidity levels is the way to cure most of this rot but by keeping those humidity levels up in or around the 70 rH factor will help to produce more females. If you have a low humidity grow room then you should get to hold of a humidifier. Now high humidity levels like 70rH cause the medium to dry out a lot quicker so you got to keep this under control too. Keep those mediums moist and those rH levesl at 70. This will help to improve those female to male ratios. Again, getting them on the up and up.

If you run the 24/0 photoperiod then do not allow those temps to go anywhere above 85 unless you have an equatorial strain. 75 is the best but going a little lower is not a problem for helping those female ratios. If you can get in at around 65 then those females are going to be popping up all over the place. The problem with this is that some growers like to use the 18/6 photoperiod and when the lights are off the temps drop from around 65 to 50 and even less. Try not to be below 55 because this has the adverse effect on the plants producing more males than females. Again between 65 and 75 is where you want to be during the 3rd to 4th week of vegetative growth, the preference being 70.

Invest in a MH Light for vegetative growth. Dump the HPS bulb for flowering later. I have noticed that HPS lighting during vegetative growth simply sends those males to female ratios all over the place. With MH lamps the females are everywhere. Invest in some MH HID lights. It makes all the difference in getting those females to show more often. This is worth repeating! MH Bulbs produce more females under optimal conditions especially if they are present during the 3rd and 4th week of vegetative growth. Surprising enough you can start seedlings under HPS and it will not have an effect on those female ratios. Again the 3rd to 4th week of vegetative growth is what is important here.

No stress during the 3rd to 4th week of vegetative growth. That is all there is to it. If you got your garden growing in optimal conditions without plant stress then the impressive 90% to 95% females start to emerge from standard seed packs. I find that topping is best done at the second to third week of vegetative growth but that this is a little stressful and can lead to those female ratios dropping again. Avoid topping or pruning if you are looking to up the female count.

That is all I have to say for the moment. These little snippets of information in conjunction with what DP uncovered have helped my female ratios considerably. Hopefully you can see the same results too. Have fun getting those environments optimal for females!!!!!!!!
strawdog​

Well, since everyone in this thread is doing nothing but throwing around their weighted opinion, I want to add mine.
Femmed seeds suck balls.

in my case it is not opinion as i have made and grown out many fems from different strains. again if the female used is a very stable under heavy stress it is a good candidate for reversal with a silver solution. i have never had a herm from a fem done this way and vigor and growth rates are the same as the standard females. people get bad fems/herms from unscrupulous breeders and think that is how all fems turn out which is simply false.

englishrick

Plumber/Builder
Mentor
ICMag Donor
Veteran
don't scare them!!! imagine their minds if you mention doubled haploid gynogenetic lines from forced parthenogenesis... haha

fuk me,,,tom wants to obtain homozygous pure lines in a single generation,,,lol:):)

whats going on tom?:),,,,did you hit a midlife crisis and decide to swap the farrari for a G5 plane,,,,,flipin hek

DocLeaf

procreationist
ICMag Donor
Veteran
some feminized plants and flowers

some feminized plants and flowers

Let's put things into a perspective we can see... :D

Feminized plants and flowers,, from the following breeders:

Arjan's Ultra Haze #2 [Greenhouse Seeds]

7253AUH_2.JPG

Doctor [Greenhouse Seeds]

7253The_Doctor.JPG

7253Doctor.JPG

7253Doctor1.JPG

Super Silver Haze [Greenhouse Seeds]

7253thaiweed_ssh2.JPG

NL [RQS]

picture.php

Critical [HQS]

picture.php

Royal Automatic [RQS]

picture.php

S1 Mix (kerbdog) ,, eekamouse or old-boy blue

7253kDmix.JPG

We didnt see ANY SEEDS in those samples,, so less hatin,, and get ya game up players,, (especially the little fassios! ),, watch as we wipe out a scene full of say-sos !!!

Wohh~! mind out or there might be murky pollen in ya shells soon! :canabis:

NOTE: feminized seeds are NO use for the future! Quick sow, grow, n smoke material only!

Peace n flowers to the ppl keeping it real!

Otherwise this is a kind of old (yawn),, but otherwise still interesting discussion.. just a pity more folks haven't grown modern feminized seed genetics (involving CS inhibition),, rather than basing opinion on old and out-dated "rodalization methods" (that's what Soma called it right) to make feminized seeds from... which were BS!

Hope this helps

Guest423

Veteran
Feminized seeds are an outdoor guerilla growers dream come true, no need to keep a bunch of moms and a shitload of clones pumping out when you can just germinate some seed and start them inside for a few weeks and put them out, or just go straight out with seed if you don't have indoor space. You also don't need to worry about doing twice the amount of work just to cull half your plants that are males, you don't need to worry about early males pollinating your plots.

I personally like feminized crosses more then S1's, taking 2 clone only strains or 2 keeper cuts from a line and reversing one making a hybrid, a hybrid you couldn't make any other way because the strains are clone only or the "one" in a line. I've grown alot of feminized hybrids I've made of my own for mainly outdoors and have had zero hermies. It's all in the plant that your reversing, if you choose wisely you'll have great results, if you do a piss poor selection with a clone that has alot of hermie traits good chance they'll be passed on.

Sometimes the S1's from the plant reversed end up better then the original clone used, sometimes you get restored vigor, bigger yeild, better quality, ect.

There's definitely a need to keep landrace strains goin and making sure male/female lines are still healthy and plentiful, But there's also great use for selfing, not only just for growing but also lookin into your lines. Everything has it's place in the community IMO.

DocLeaf

procreationist
ICMag Donor
Veteran
Everything has it's place in the community IMO.

Yes we agree :yes:

However,, we still don't fully dig feminized seed packs,,, mostly because they don't contain MALE plants,, which are the future of cannabis :canabis:

The more we grow the more and more we value male plants ... and feminized lines don't offer them.

Last edited by a moderator:

Latest posts

Latest posts