What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Wrinkled leaves- Mosaic virus? Overfert? Mutation? Sodium ? pH ?

M

michaeljordan

I have exactly the same problems.

I have exactly the same problems.

I don't know what to do about these girls. Someone told me it could be iron and sulfur deficiency.. do you have purple stems too?

Attachments

• 100_1750.jpg
    100_1750.jpg
    53.5 KB · Views: 28
  • 100_1751.jpg
    100_1751.jpg
    68.8 KB · Views: 18

MynameStitch

Dr. Doolittle
Mentor
Veteran
I don't know what to do about these girls. Someone told me it could be iron and sulfur deficiency.. do you have purple stems too?

Michael, please make a thread in the forum, because when too many people ask for help in one thread, other than the thread starter; information gets hard to get and put together, so please post a thread with the pictures you have.

M

michaeljordan

Next time I'll message him about his purple stems, rather than ask him in a post.

DIGITALHIPPY

Veteran
88F/31C in room, soil 85F/29C, 60 % humidity, hand watered with nutrient daily, pH always 5.8 or very close.

A) heat, dry heat from lighting and or too strong of light intensity being too close.
B) micronutrient problem
C) bacteria/virus that is affecting newer roots and thus you are seeing the dying of roots through the leaves.

It´s pretty common here.
This only commercial site I know who asks customers for money to pay "server bills". LOL

and then cen$or what they say.(had to change the word for the search not to find complaints)

Wow. Wow. Ok.

You have a lot of things going on. However, here are the most important ones.

There is nutrient deficiency/lockout in the lower leaves and the top leaves. There is purpling of the stem. And one of the yellowed leaves is showing leaf septemia.

1) Bad air circulation
2) Overheating/bleaching (due to bad air circulation and lamps generating too much heat)
3) Possibly a hot soil mix or overfertilizing (which would in part be because the plant is not taking up nutrients from the soil because of the air circulation and is growing indoors), leading to root damage and nutrient lockout.

So in three words: FRESH air circulation.

heat stress dude.

that pic with the tomato virus discrip[tion isnt even a virus pic.
i get that shit now and then, usualy with ph flux,

funniest thread ever.

sativa/afganman

old dog.....these guys are really small and fast and a few mites does a whole lot of damage.they have saliva that is highly toxic to plants.if you don't have them i will be very confused being as my plants looked exactly like yours.i suppose it's possible that two different causes could make the same effect......the mite damage doesn't look like spider mites at all so it can be confusing.just keep looking and have a steady eye.there excrement does make very small dots if i recall and they have clear roundish eggs.....i tried a number of the lighter pesticides but had no luck.so i tried floramite,nothing.then i hit them with avid and they have been gone ever since.

sativa/afganman

michealjordan you have a broad mite infestation.....if you truely want to cure your problem than carefully inspect the underside of your plant for fast moving microscopic mites

M

michaeljordan

michealjordan you have a broad mite infestation.....if you truely want to cure your problem than carefully inspect the underside of your plant for fast moving microscopic mites

Sativa: Thanks man. Is there anyway I can treat this disease? Neem oil?

sativa/afganman

mj it's not a disease but an infestation and i'm afraid neem oil is not strong enough to handle the job.you could try sms 217 but i think you will end up having to use something like avid to really be effective against these little bastards.and remember unless you find an effective ovacide than you'll have to apply every 3 times every 3 days as the eggs hatch every 3 days......did you look on a handheld microscope and see the mites?

M

michaeljordan

I don't have a scope.... since the time i posted those pictures things have gone way downhill, and am now almost 3 weeks into flowering. I am probably chopping them down. Are the eggs hatching on the leaves or in the soil??

slshemup

Virus yes it is 110%

Virus yes it is 110%

Wandering Roman is 110% correct it is a virus.dont waste your time with with anybody elses theory's,dont forget to sterilize or replace with brandnew everything associated with your grow and i mean everything.the best product to kill viruses on surfaces and systems,rooms,pots etc is pool chlorine at a shock treatment dose rate,only problem is it's highly corrosive on certain metals.
another way to kill viruses is to use steam cleaning at tempratures between 90C to 100C for 30 minutes.
Good Luck!

slshemup

also be carefull some strains wont show the same symptons as they may have a mild resistance to viruses,then the only tell tale sign may be slower than normal growth and reduced yeild.white rhino from certain breeders is one that has mild resistance to viruses and shows no telltale symptons exept slower growth and reduced yeild.to notice the slower growth and reduced yeild you would have to be a experienced grower that knows the normal growth rate and yeild of the strains they grow.

slshemup

Virus yes it is!

Virus yes it is!

Here's one for all of them know it all posters in this thread with obviously very limited or no knowledge on viruses and how they work
Now another problem with viruses is when a plant has a virus it's like a person with AIDS it now has a weakened immune system that means it is now more susceptible to any plant disease and can get and show many different plant disease symptons and problems.

slshemup

Plant Mosaic Viruses

Plant Mosaic Viruses

when using pool chlorines ie:Calcium Hypochlorite,Sodium Hypochlorite etc for sterilization make sure you use a pool ph buffer to bring the ph of your solution to around 6.5 to 7.0 for a fast and effective kill of all plant mosaic viruses and plant diseases.if the ph of your solution is to high it can be ineffective at killing viruses etc.Calcium Hypochlorite is the better one to use as its less corrosive on metals.

Nesca

Mosaic??

Mosaic??

I know this is an old thread.....but did anyone come to a verdict??

I am having the exact same problem but after reading threw.....I think it is mosaic virus. I am no expert....but I have 4 lemon kush and only 1 is affected! If it was mites, humidity, P.H, feed, temp ect..... Then all would be showing signs as they are all in the same place and treated the same. They are the same batch of seeds, from the same place, in the same bag! Mine are 3 weeks and look more like wondering Romans last pictures of the young plants.

I have moved it out and the others aren't showing signs yet.....fingers crossed....they won't!

I know this is an old thread.....but did anyone come to a verdict??

I am having the exact same problem but after reading threw.....I think it is mosaic virus. I am no expert....but I have 4 lemon kush and only 1 is affected! If it was mites, humidity, P.H, feed, temp ect..... Then all would be showing signs as they are all in the same place and treated the same. They are the same batch of seeds, from the same place, in the same bag! Mine are 3 weeks and look more like wondering Romans last pictures of the young plants.

I have moved it out and the others aren't showing signs yet.....fingers crossed....they won't!
It's too bad they locked the broadmite thread... lots of info!

Nesca

Just thought I would add.......
After the advice of a friend, I moved the suspicious look plant back with my other girls. The leaves started growing normally and all look super healthy and are all flowering lovely! So cants be mites, PH or mosaic! My friend said it was mutated as they were feminized seeds and it messes about with the genetics..... Which would make sense!

belivitez

Guys i have some problem with my WW from royalQueenSeeds... slow grow, winkled leaves, some yellow spots, some brown spots on big leaves... have someone any idea what is wrong with my plant? i had some problems with fungus gnats but i dont think that is result of those bustards...or?

here is some photo ;)

cam00769.jpg

cam00770.jpg