What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Would you use cannabis near children?

Just a kind of generalized question, but would you use cannabis near children? Do you generally go out of the way if you have children to smoke in another room, or do you smoke in the same room with them even?

First you question if cannabis is medicine.
Now how we are around children.

Hahah, it wasn't questioning that. Was more just in regards to just how beneficial it would be as a medicine? I hear both sides of the coin, just wanted to see input from both sides! :laughing:

In general though, would it be safe? It is a serious question as I am not sure if Cannabis effects children or not in a good or bad way? Would this essentially have the same effects? I don't really hear much about it from a child point of view since in places it's generally legalized you have to be a general age sort of like Tobacco. I feel as though it would be rather harmless. As someone that grew up in a home filled of Tobacco smoke, I was just curious input in regards to Cannabis.

I'm essentially a curious individual! haha, I mean no harm! Even check out my Cannabis food thread! haha

TheScrogFrog

Would you drink a beer around a child?

Same shit.

Obviously you wouldn't smoke in the same room as a child. But going outside for a quick puff, what's the difference between that and being intoxicated with alcohol which is legal.

Would you drink a beer around a child?

Same shit.

Obviously you wouldn't smoke in the same room as a child. But going outside for a quick puff, what's the difference between that and being intoxicated with alcohol which is legal.

That is a good point, :laughing:

I suppose with no level of addiction, there wouldn't be that large of a risk really. Thanks for sharing, :biggrin:

U

usually

'Have you' would be a more appropriate question. There is documented cases of people giving it to kids. If its what keeps the kid from being sick then its pretty much counted as an addiction cycle.

armedoldhippy

Veteran
i have smoked weed in the same room as my youngest son. of course, he was in his twenties & it was HIS weed....LOL!:woohoo: 'bout time the varmint brought his ol' pappy something home....:biggrin:

pop_rocks

In my empire of dirt
420club
i have smoked weed in the same room as my youngest son. of course, he was in his twenties & it was HIS weed....LOL!:woohoo: 'bout time the varmint brought his ol' pappy something home....:biggrin:

just payin you back for all the bud hes pinched over the years!
/must spread soem rep around before rpping armedoldhippy

Gypsy Nirvana

Recalcitrant Reprobate -
Administrator
Veteran
I don't think that it's good to subject anyone to a room full of smoke or vapour, unless they consent to do so, and kids under the age of consent have to have those sort of decisions made by their parents....

As a parent I try to avoid subjecting my kids to smoke/vapour of any sort. With the strength of modern cannabis/hashish a child won't need much secondary smoke/vapour to be affected, and it's best to avoid that.

paladin420

FACILITATOR
Veteran
Hahah, it wasn't questioning that. Was more just in regards to just how beneficial it would be as a medicine? I hear both sides of the coin, just wanted to see input from both sides! :laughing:

In general though, would it be safe? It is a serious question as I am not sure if Cannabis effects children or not in a good or bad way? Would this essentially have the same effects? I don't really hear much about it from a child point of view since in places it's generally legalized you have to be a general age sort of like Tobacco. I feel as though it would be rather harmless. As someone that grew up in a home filled of Tobacco smoke, I was just curious input in regards to Cannabis.

I'm essentially a curious individual! haha, I mean no harm! Even check out my Cannabis food thread! haha
old schooler here. Curiosity About my private life is unbecoming. Especially when the answer could harm my children more than my smoking habit. Even in our "legal" state child protective services will take your child for the wrong answer...
Hav a nice day

armedoldhippy

Veteran
my daughter {4} sees my plants ,... daily
my daughter sees me smoke my bong ,...daily
due too this ... this is "daddy's" ... Norm .... IE daily, so there never has been a question ...
she knows it's daddy's medicine, and medicine is for adults ....

this also help ...." It's Just a Plant: A Children's Story about Marijuana "

https://www.amazon.com/Its-Just-Pla...r=8-2-spell&keywords=childreens+marijana+book

good stuff. if you don't want them to smoke, telling kids "it is medicine" will damn sure turn the trick. the smiles & laughter will eventually give you away, however...:biggrin:

Slipnot

I don't think that it's good to subject anyone to a room full of smoke or vapour, unless they consent to do so, and kids under the age of consent have to have those sort of decisions made by their parents....

As a parent I try to avoid subjecting my kids to smoke/vapour of any sort. With the strength of modern cannabis/hashish a child won't need much secondary smoke/vapour to be affected, and it's best to avoid that.
Exactly IMO you shouldn't smoke around children there are laws out that you cannot smoke a cigarette in your own Vehicle with your own kid .. in it
Let alone smoke weed
Like a case i read parents figured instead of taking there sick child to hospital they would use natural healing remedies ???
Guess what the kid died and there charged and convicted with literally murder..
Kids have rights to :tiphat:

Rudedewd

I don't get high around kids, I do get stoned with my daughter but she is 40 and I didn't get stoned in front of her til she was 18. I don't believe in getting buzzed on booze in front of kids either, it's not a legal issue just not a message that I like to impart to children. I think that kids should wait til there brains are fully baked before they get baked. That wasn't the case for me though, I started drinking and smoking cigs when I was 11 and smoking pot when I was 12, now it's 50 years later and i don't drink or smoke cigarettes anymore.

mowood3479

Veteran
Yup, I'll step outside to smoke a j but I'm not gonna blow smoke at em or anything..
the elderly tho.. I'll blow smoke at them all day

Last edited:

420somewhere

Hi ho here we go
Veteran
I don't smoke cigarettes or drink alcohol.....

I don't smoke cigarettes or drink alcohol.....

And I don't smoke weed with kids around :party: or others that don't either

I generally don't respond to Trolls but I made an exception for you Shelton

Peace

Mr. Miyagi

Never... always stepped outside when I did.

Would never subject them to that... it would have to be their choice when they are the appropriate age.

U

usually

old schooler here. Curiosity About my private life is unbecoming. Especially when the answer could harm my children more than my smoking habit. Even in our "legal" state child protective services will take your child for the wrong answer...
Hav a nice day

Gives the kid the option to use the wrong answer in public or private places if he is upset at you.

Green Squall

Damn Shelton you writing a book or something?

I remember buying some weed from a friend and his daughter walks in and asks "what is that". Her dad says "it's just flowers honey." I knew it wasn't a big deal but I couldn't help but to feel a little uncomfortable.

Legit medical is different. I would explain it's medicine but still wouldn't consume in the same room.