What's new

Would You Move to a Place with More Liberal Marijuana Laws?

Would You Move to a Place with More Liberal Marijuana Laws?

• Don't have to, I already live there!

Votes: 73 27.3%
  • I recently moved to a more liberal place

Votes: 18 6.7%
  • I'm thinking about moving to a more liberal place

Votes: 116 43.4%
  • No, I'll stay where I am

Votes: 30 11.2%
  • Maybe

Votes: 26 9.7%
  • Not Sure

Votes: 4 1.5%

• Total voters

FinestKind

I'm in this same boat person who I plan on moving with we both like CO, nice people and 300 days of sunshine. Why do people like Oregon so much? I hear medford is sunnier but I dunno anything about it. Also Some med state are confusing have okay med laws but harsh normal pot laws. Nevada is one anyone know what its like over all? People police ect? Maine and MA I'm curious about. I really want to move away from the cold and snow if possible.

I lived in OR for a few years (pre-growing)... great place, you get used to the rain... and that's of course on the western part of the state, the east is desert- high and dry! Beautiful country, great people, extremely progressive (well, the parts you'd want to live in, anyway) - what's not to love?

If you want to get away from the cold and snow, don't even think about Maine and Mass- take it from a New Englander! I love the snow, and I can't imagine anyone living here who doesn't- though I know a bunch and I'm always telling them "There's plenty of room in AZ you know!"

FK

Megas

See thats another thing, like you have a right to bare arms if you get busted even for having a few cause you like to go to the range I feel like they will take them and demonize you.

I have friends in AZ seems like it be a nice place but no real med, and the normal laws there suck. MA would be perfect except for the snow :( Sox <3 whats humidity like in summer in Oregon and Washington in the summer. I got to get away from it makes me break out in hives. I'm intrigued by Eastern Oregon but it sounds like Colorado?

I dunno, where is Vermont in all of this? The only people I ever hear of getting nailed, it seems to me, are all in way too deep- there are always "illegal firearms" involved, which in my mind, means you deserve to go down. If you need an AK for your grow, screw you then.

However, we do have a medical marijuana law (it ain't 100 plants, or a 10'x10' area, but it's a start), and as soon as we get a new governor (which will be soon), it will be decrim up to an oz... so, my answer was "maybe." (One of four...woot! I love the minority!) Pretty much, people here just mind their own business, anyway, and it's so rural, neighbors aren't an issue... I've never seen a helicopter searching the way I've seen them where I lived previously, so I think I'll stay put.

FK

Hammerhead

Disabled Farmer
ICMag Donor
Veteran
Im not sure about there mj laws but you can get all the opiates you want there legally. Florida is the capital for getting all the pain meds you will ever need.

I

idoreallytry

if money allowed for it,,, i would already be somewhere else,,,peace

Hammerhead

Disabled Farmer
ICMag Donor
Veteran
^^^ That's right I would have never left Oregon if not for losing my job and losing may ass in the housing market. I had no choice but to move.

Hammerhead

Disabled Farmer
ICMag Donor
Veteran
Pain meds imho are awfull. I have been taking Hydrophone,Morphine Sulfate,Oxycodone,Percocet and Vicodin For more then 4 years. Im finaly at the point that I only take Vicodin And cant wait to stop those. The withdrawal and pain is something I wouldn't wish on anybody. My cannabis usage is increasing but I love that part. Cures my Nausea and hunger issues

Danks2005

I have been talking about this with my wife quite a bit recently. She is starting to come around. Right now I am trying to save money, I think once I have about 2-3x what i actually need, she might feel comfortable moving, although the hardest part is convincing her to leave her family behind. If I do leave it would probly be to CO, but I am not set on this yet.

Now this isn't somthing I am real happy about, I love where I live, I grew up here, my family is here, my wifes family is here. It is a hard decision to make, but i am not young reckless kid i once was, and I cherish my freedom.

TheGreenBastard

Assistant Weekend Trailer Park Superviser
Veteran
I'll probably be staying in Austin, Texas, for the next few years at least. I believe it to be one of the most liberal non-medical areas in America. Though the actual laws suck the number of possession charges are staggeringly low in Travis county in correlation with the number of users (especially in Austin). Perhaps one day we will adopt the policies of our western brethren.

Though, if not, I'll be moving to Cali, Nevada, or B.C.

funkervogt

donut engineer
Veteran
I live in an ass-rape state for weed, but a fairly tolerant city. This is ideal given my situation, but I see the benefits of moving to a medical state purely for the strain selection.

I was out in LA this past summer and, wow, I've never had such ready access to world-class genetics. Where I am now, to get similar genetics it might take years of selection, lots of electricity, space and work. In a medical state this whole thing is simplified, timetables condensed.

*sigh* At least people aren't getting busted left and right in my area. Where I used to live, long hair was a felony.

Rednick

One day you will have to answer to the children of
Veteran
CO...
at capacity...heee, heee.

You guys need to get your states down with the medical.

Be careful in Florida...It might be more liberal than Louisiana or the rest of the Bible Belt.
But it still isn't medical, which means the DEA takes an active interest in busting grow ops. It is the biggest producer in the region, but be careful.

Chronic777

Im in the UK & planning on a move to British Columbia, gonna go on holiday there in 2011 & see if i like it there, even ifit was legalized here in the UK i love the idea of living in nice Canada & snowboarding alot :biggrin:
I obviously like the idea that my hobby (growing) isn't such a huge deal over there aswell

stasis

Registered Non-Conformist
Veteran
I must say. Of course, CA is easier to grow in than say, Oklahoma....

But, in Small-Town Areas, there is little or NO other way to make a living, anymore. The Economy is a Shambles. In other words, if you are growing, "They" know who ya are...

Kinda Disconcerting. I heard this from someone who was employed by the LEO's, and is a friend.

Latest posts

Latest posts