What's new

Would You Move to a Place with More Liberal Marijuana Laws?

Would You Move to a Place with More Liberal Marijuana Laws?

• Don't have to, I already live there!

Votes: 73 27.3%
  • I recently moved to a more liberal place

Votes: 18 6.7%
  • I'm thinking about moving to a more liberal place

Votes: 116 43.4%
  • No, I'll stay where I am

Votes: 30 11.2%
  • Maybe

Votes: 26 9.7%
  • Not Sure

Votes: 4 1.5%

• Total voters

Skip

Veteran
This poll is to see how many of you would uproot yourselves to move to a place with more liberal marijuana laws (decrim, medical, legal).

Anyone from anywhere can respond to this poll. It's not country specific.

When I say "recently moved", I mean anytime within the last 15 years, if you moved specifically to be covered under more liberal cannabis laws.

Skip

Veteran
I moved to Calif specifically to be covered by medical marijuana law. I was living in OZ b4 moving back here. Queensland has some horrible cannabis laws there. You can't even have a grow book!

Koroz

I lived in Cali for 30 years, Oregon for 1. In NY now and hate it because of the current climate here.

If I had my wish, I would be back in Bend OR. It was the perfect mix of "snobby" and "nice" in the sense people weren't rude to you, but people didn't try to get into your business. In Cali people for the most part are nice but a lot of them are super interested in what is going on in your business.

I wouldn't mind checking out Colorado just because I love the outdoors.

Hammerhead

Disabled Farmer
ICMag Donor
Veteran
Live in Ca now but loved Oregon. I would move back there in a heart beat if I could

kweb1989

if only new york was tollerant... colorado sound like ti have nice land and scenery... i would like it there... i used to live in the adirandac mountains in ny and loved it there... i wasnt in the city... most people who here ny, think of nyc.. but there is more then just an island...

it been a while since i smoked but i miss it every damng day... stupid immigration laws... proccess for wife is a pain in the ass...
i wanna smoke!

yondermountain

Recently Moved.......

Recently Moved.......

I just recently (a few months ago) moved from the middle of the U.S. out west to Oregon. Such a good move.:smokeit:
Funny thing is, I grew my own smoke back in the midwest, but haven't fired anything up here in Oregon yet. The less funny thing is that the cultivation laws are fairly similar in both states. However, OR is a med state so MAYBE I can get my card and grow legally for my personal use, will be trying soon!

Kind Regards,
yondermountain

Helis

I moved out of a medical state a few years ago, into one that is now decrim. I have valid medical recommendations in that state but the availability of work was more important.

That said my current state has some of if not THE MOST liberal cultivation laws on US soil. Cannabis freedoms are one of many many factors in picking somewhere to live... Though they are high on the list, so are things like employment and crime rates. California may be medical heaven but 90% of it has become too cramped for me.

Heard Oregon is lovely...

B.C.

Non Conformist
Veteran
Yes, I'm sick of bein an outlaw for somethin as harmless as growin and smokin pot! BC

Grass Lands

Veteran
I left TX and moved back to Cali to grow...TX has some pretty harsh laws on the books.

For me it was a no brainer to get my tail back to cali, stay in TX and go to jail for a joint or go back to cali and be legal to grow...left TX in a NY minute and slid into cali and never looked back...

igrowone

Veteran
OK... what's the deal in NY? :dunno:

decriminalized possession, fairly low penalties on cultivation for small grows
class b misdemeanor(3 months max) for 2 oz or less - which is where i keep it
class a misdemeanor(1 year max) for bigger grows, 4 oz maybe(have to check NORML for exact number)
enforcement is not vigorous for small grows though, and jail is unlikely for small grows(depending on your record of course)

EDIT: make that just 2 oz for cultivation, felony after that

kmk420kali

Freedom Fighter
Veteran
I have smoked as an Outlaw here in Cali since the early 70's....
Have a Rec now...but more just to have it...kinda like why I stole my Prison ID Cards!! lol
I have never really hid it well...Don't really give a fuck-- Gimme my $100 ticket!! But all the times I have been caught with weed...they look at my heroin history...and now all I do is smoke weed...I have had Police contact for weed prolly 7 or 8 times...never had them charge me...3 times they let me keep it (Without a MMJ Rec)...other times they dumped it--:smokeit:

Megas

I'm in this same boat person who I plan on moving with we both like CO, nice people and 300 days of sunshine. Why do people like Oregon so much? I hear medford is sunnier but I dunno anything about it. Also Some med state are confusing have okay med laws but harsh normal pot laws. Nevada is one anyone know what its like over all? People police ect? Maine and MA I'm curious about. I really want to move away from the cold and snow if possible.

foozo

I ALWAYS CHECK NORML

I ALWAYS CHECK NORML

My wife once was asked about transferring to Alabama. I checked NORML's web site & it said that state has a 5 year mandatory minimum for even one plant. I told her to forget it.

I live in a med state & would never move to a place like Alabama.

OjoRojo420

Feeling good is good enough.
Veteran
OR and WA are weed heavens!

One day I'll move back and get busy helping medical patients.

"Got all the fixings... all I need is a place to cook!"

FinestKind

I dunno, where is Vermont in all of this? The only people I ever hear of getting nailed, it seems to me, are all in way too deep- there are always "illegal firearms" involved, which in my mind, means you deserve to go down. If you need an AK for your grow, screw you then.

However, we do have a medical marijuana law (it ain't 100 plants, or a 10'x10' area, but it's a start), and as soon as we get a new governor (which will be soon), it will be decrim up to an oz... so, my answer was "maybe." (One of four...woot! I love the minority!) Pretty much, people here just mind their own business, anyway, and it's so rural, neighbors aren't an issue... I've never seen a helicopter searching the way I've seen them where I lived previously, so I think I'll stay put.

FK