What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Would you leave your country just to have Marijuana legally?

944s2

ICMag Donor
Veteran
Cannabis.

Yes, clean air is much better for me, the Thames basin is a soup of fumes

Getting away from the family was also a handy touch ;)

Legally, for me, Spain is a very liberating country, I also have a weakness for fast bikes and cars, so empty dry twisty roads with very few speed cameras and being effectively immune to most traffic laws is a wonderful thing compared to the UK where all main roads are littered with speed cameras and average speed cameras.

Moving out of your comfort zone and being forced to learn new languages, customs and mix with different people, it makes you push your limits. You become a more adaptable, capable person after a move and the same old, same old conversations among the people you knew seem and become less important.

But mainly it is about being able to freely grow big ass sativas in sunny countryside vs grovveling around in lofts with a few Son T's and shitty indica/hybrids to smoke.

steady there chaos old friend,,
the thames is now the cleanest river in Europe,we dont get many different languages and cultures in London,,do we?:biggrin:,,,,
grovolling around in lofts/penthouses? lol,,,
cmon mate really,,,,,such seemingly disdain for other peeps is not what i would expect from someone like yourself,,,
with respect! are you having a shitty day?,,,,s2:tiphat:

Betterhaff

Veteran
@ Chaos. I appreciate the honest response. I'm too old to pull up the roots. But I can say I've had the opportunity to travel the world and many times have said I could live here. Spain is one place I've never been although I've heard Barcelona is very nice.

I just deal with life as it lets me and so far I can't complain, much.

Yes...but to return as soon as it became legal at Home ;)

Ha, well. That certainly is the way to get the best of both worlds for Cannabis!

Cannabis.

Yes, clean air is much better for me, the Thames basin is a soup of fumes

Getting away from the family was also a handy touch ;)

Legally, for me, Spain is a very liberating country, I also have a weakness for fast bikes and cars, so empty dry twisty roads with very few speed cameras and being effectively immune to most traffic laws is a wonderful thing compared to the UK where all main roads are littered with speed cameras and average speed cameras.

Moving out of your comfort zone and being forced to learn new languages, customs and mix with different people, it makes you push your limits. You become a more adaptable, capable person after a move and the same old, same old conversations among the people you knew seem and become less important.

But mainly it is about being able to freely grow big ass sativas in sunny countryside vs grovveling around in lofts with a few Son T's and shitty indica/hybrids to smoke.

From Cannabis seeds to big ass sativas as you refer to them, sounds like a nice life! :laughing:

Tynehead Tom

we had plans to move to Alaska and have been slowly figuring out how we can do that from Canada. It's only recently that cannabis laws have become quite favorable for a guy like me who might find himself living there LOL
The only thing stopping us from buying a property there , even if it's for 6 months a year, is the potential of a clinton government in the US. Not a fan and believe her ilk is a great evil in this world so plans for Alaska are on hold till after November hahaha

Londinium

ICMag Donor
Veteran
Interesting points everyone.
To be more precise I am lucky enough now to have the option to live in England(my home)or Spain (have lived there before). For me there just isn't enough light here in UK to grow best quality in Greenhouses without Supplemental lighting at least some of the time....and that get's too much attention in England ;) . I've had the chance to grow a few plants in sunnier climes over the years and its what I would rather be doing ATM after decades mostly Indoors. If I could have a Good sized Greenhouse in UK with Supp Lighting without any hassle I would love to be here doing it Primarily for sure... But I am Sooo Bored of waiting for Laws to change now! Been doing this Too long in the Shadow's...It F--king Suck's.
I Wanna Grow Tree's in the Green and Pleasant!
But it seems Only GW Pharma will be given that right here :(
I'm in UK now but gonna be spending about half my time in Spain and half in UK over the next few years and Circumstances in both places will determine where I spend more time in the future. I like Both country's for Different reasons TBH.
I will say this-If you just grow for fun and personal its fine in most of the UK nowadays,police are after the bigger Op's now and aint bothering Little Growers much anyway as long as you aren't being a D--head.
But I cant see our current Prime Minister Legalising Ganja anytime soon,more likely to go backwards now and I wanna grow Some Tree's for a bit as I said ......
So a bit of :plant grow: in Spain is slightly more enticing for me ATM. Luck'n'Lite Wherever ya Grow JBo ;]

944s2

ICMag Donor
Veteran
Interesting points everyone.
To be more precise I am lucky enough now to have the option to live in England(my home)or Spain (have lived there before). For me there just isn't enough light here in UK to grow best quality in Greenhouses without Supplemental lighting at least some of the time....and that get's too much attention in England ;) . I've had the chance to grow a few plants in sunnier climes over the years and its what I would rather be doing ATM after decades mostly Indoors. If I could have a Good sized Greenhouse in UK with Supp Lighting without any hassle I would love to be here doing it Primarily for sure... But I am Sooo Bored of waiting for Laws to change now! Been doing this Too long in the Shadow's...It F--king Suck's.
I Wanna Grow Tree's in the Green and Pleasant!
But it seems Only GW Pharma will be given that right here :(
I'm in UK now but gonna be spending about half my time in Spain and half in UK over the next few years and Circumstances in both places will determine where I spend more time in the future. I like Both country's for Different reasons TBH.
I will say this-If you just grow for fun and personal its fine in most of the UK nowadays,police are after the bigger Op's now and aint bothering Little Growers much anyway as long as you aren't being a D--head.
But I cant see our current Prime Minister Legalising Ganja anytime soon,more likely to go backwards now and I wanna grow Some Tree's for a bit as I said ......
So a bit of :plant grow: in Spain is slightly more enticing for me ATM. Luck'n'Lite Wherever ya Grow JBo ;]
yes Londinium,,,,,,shatter will be the "new evil",,,murmerings starting now and not being helped by peeps blowing up residential flats,,,,
up north and scotland i believe that occured

we had plans to move to Alaska and have been slowly figuring out how we can do that from Canada. It's only recently that cannabis laws have become quite favorable for a guy like me who might find himself living there LOL
The only thing stopping us from buying a property there , even if it's for 6 months a year, is the potential of a clinton government in the US. Not a fan and believe her ilk is a great evil in this world so plans for Alaska are on hold till after November hahaha

Well in fairness, Bill Clinton has been known to be quite a drug addict so honestly I think the regulations may very well get more lax with her as president, not to say I would want her as one or even see her as one, but just my thoughts on this.

ChaosCatalunya

5.2 club is now 8.1 club...
Veteran
steady there chaos old friend,,
the thames is now the cleanest river in Europe,we dont get many different languages and cultures in London,,do we?:biggrin:,,,,
grovolling around in lofts/penthouses? lol,,,
cmon mate really,,,,,such seemingly disdain for other peeps is not what i would expect from someone like yourself,,,
with respect! are you having a shitty day?,,,,s2:tiphat:

LOL no mate, you misunderstood my banter, I was taking the piss

and..I was talking about the air not the water

"grovveling around in lofts"... well I spent too much time doing just that, I became a mix of contortionist and limbo dancer..

englishrick

Plumber/Builder
Mentor
ICMag Donor
Veteran
I have done once and will do again. Good weather and good weed with good food and good people is something I'd move in a heartbeat for

944s2

ICMag Donor
Veteran
LOL no mate, you misunderstood my banter, I was taking the piss

and..I was talking about the air not the water

"grovveling around in lofts"... well I spent too much time doing justo that, I became a mix of contortionist and limbo dancer..

Oh ok mate i get it,,,,
if i ever i had a loft in Central London then i be sitting in Barcelona and living off the humongous rent i would get from a loft in Central London,,,
maybe even more in the Thames/Shadwell/Wapping basin,,,,

Chaos are we talking about lofts like i and your friend rent in Barcelona? and like ya see in Wapping for 2MIL? or those spaces where people sometimes put a extra bedroom and bathroom?,,,
stoned,dazed and a tad confused,,lol,,s2

Donald Mallard

el duck
Veteran
I would ,,
i cant have much respect for a country that doesnt give its people what they want,
places that have cannabis freedom are usually more fun ...

englishrick

Plumber/Builder
Mentor
ICMag Donor
Veteran
I've become a Barcelona fan.

In the uk I feel criminalised. Not freedom at all to me

Snook

Still Learning
Veteran
I hear Portugal is becoming the new Amsterdam.. Samey same, weather as Spain?
Mainly rain in the Plain? :biggrin: and I'd take a wild guess they speak Portuguese there.
.............................................................:laughing:
I don't hear too much about them though..

dansbuds

Retired from the workforce Bullshit
ICMag Donor
Veteran
I'd be more Apt to leave the US because of who's running this damn country than the MJ laws !!! some pretty scary shit is in our future !

englishrick

Plumber/Builder
Mentor
ICMag Donor
Veteran
I like the sound of the USA. .is it really that bad? One of my lifetime dreams is to live in cali

7thson

California is very crowded and expensive,nice place to visit though.You have to get away from the city's.